Stories? I know if you retired from UPS, you have a good story or two to tell!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I have a story that is better than yours. This driver had a rural route where the wrong 3 stops may take 2 hours. Back when we were on paper he would leave some packages at a pickup for “storage” with plans to deliver them the next day. His plan worked multiple times until there was a fire in the building where he left the packages. About 2 weeks later tracers started coming in for those “hot” packages. I don’t think LP ever figured it out.

Remote area delivery....

Shiftless

Maybe a west coast term? Cant imagine?

There was a couple words used in brown vernacular like Roller and Rolling. Or if you prefer Rowler and Rowling.

Pretty sure you would have a better chance knowing what these words were used for if you were a pre 80's employee. Maybe early to mid 80's possibly?

Whats your best guess? AND if you are an "OLD FART" and know it! Let the youngin's give it there best shot!

Here is a clue/sample sentence: Even tho Jim (fictitious name) grabbed his paycheck out of the pile, he plans on rolling today anyway.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Knew of 2 drivers that delivered a rural area. One was moving, so they took his load and loaded in other pkg car. Then loaded his truck up with his furniture. Took a couple of days to make their furniture deliveries. Center caught on and Sups parked in a cornfield on old dirt road the second day to catch them. No luck. Funniest part of story, one of the drivers was eventually promoted to Driver Sup. I guess he was qualified to because he knew how drivers beat the system.

tarbar66

Remote area delivery....
The same driver was known to remote the better part of two zip codes. His average daily mileage was 175-200 miles except when he remoted the two zip codes. His would return to building while the management team was at lunch. He would drive less than 100 miles on those days.

Shiftless

Maybe a west coast term? Cant imagine?

There was a couple words used in brown vernacular like Roller and Rolling. Or if you prefer Rowler and Rowling.

Pretty sure you would have a better chance knowing what these words were used for if you were a pre 80's employee. Maybe early to mid 80's possibly?

Whats your best guess? AND if you are an "OLD FART" and know it! Let the youngin's give it there best shot!

Here is a clue/sample sentence: Even tho Jim (fictitious name) grabbed his paycheck out of the pile, he plans on rolling today anyway.

I guess this was just a west coast or just a So CAL term. Or, maybe only the knuckle heads in the center I worked with did?

Last edited:

twoweeled

Wow! I have soon good stories back when I was young, in package and a good looking guy. Gotta admit, women liked us! But I can't tell the stories and keep it clean. Make up your mind!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I knew a driver who was building a house. He bought the shingles for the house, but they wanted a bunch of money to deliver them. No problem. He made several trips from the lumber yard to his house in his package car. He said the package car was so low to the ground, he thought it would scrape the ground.