Storming the Capitol

Box Ox

Users revealed they were catfishing Trump supporters who participated in the riots to get them to send pictures of themselves
They're easy to identify.
84D5F0D5-8F4C-4015-9B0F-71E7E37BCE43_1024x.jpg

fishtm2001

bacha29

I can tell you are young. In later life MANY times there is no other alternative. I challenge you to take care of an elder person with dementia or who has fallen and needs 24/7 care.
I'm doing that right now . Taking care of my older brother who lives with me who has severe hypertension, hemophilia and Parkinson's Disease. And BTW. Thank you for describing 67 as 'young". And right now that's without the help of home health nurses who told me that right now I'm doing about as much for him as then can. Why do I do it? Because he took care of our mother who was dying of Glioblastoma until the HHN's said " She has to go to a nursing home now. You've done all you can and admirably" And he will stay with me until his condition reaches the same state . Then HHN and state elder care laws will take over.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm doing that right now . Taking care of my older brother who lives with me who has severe hypertension, hemophilia and Parkinson's Disease. And BTW. Thank you for describing 67 as 'young". And right now that's without the help of home health nurses who told me that right now I'm doing about as much for him as then can. Why do I do it? Because he took care of our mother who was dying of Glioblastoma until the HHN's said " She has to go to a nursing home now. You've done all you can and admirably" And he will stay with me until his condition reaches the same state . Then HHN and state elder care laws will take over.
Then you of all people should have know better than make the statement you did. You came off trying to blame anyone who had no choice but check their parents into a nursing home as evil.

bacha29

Then you of all people should have know better than make the statement you did. You came off trying to blame anyone who had no choice but check their parents into a nursing home as evil.
Twice I did month long stints in nursing homes on rehab assignments following hip joint replacement surgery including being there on Christmas. In a wheelchair I went around to visit with people. Dozens of them would thank me for coming over to visit with them saying that their kids never came. In fact after I was discharged I would still go in to visit those I befriended until COVID came along and visits were limited to certain days and immediate family members. I even bought magazine subscriptions that I have sent to them and continue to do so to this very day.

floridays

Twice I did month long stints in nursing homes on rehab assignments following hip joint replacement surgery including being there on Christmas. In a wheelchair I went around to visit with people. Dozens of them would thank me for coming over to visit with them saying that their kids never came. In fact after I was discharged I would still go in to visit those I befriended until COVID came along and visits were limited to certain days and immediate family members. I even bought magazine subscriptions that I have sent to them and continue to do so to this very day.
You're a saint.
Golf handclap, there's your reward.

rod

Retired 22 years
It takes special person to work at those places and it isn't a very well paid job. We just lost my mother-in-law who had traveled the lose the husband, sell the house after 12 years, move into a senior apartment with some care ($2,000 a month)), move to assisted living ($4,000 a month) and finally after falling and braking a hip and and 3 ribs was moved into a 24/7 hour care unit ($15,000 a month) where she died of COVID at 93 years old. She was always a very independent gal who refused to move in with us. My wife and one of her sons visited her daily until they went into Covid lock down. I will always have a ton of respect for people who work with the elderly and the Hospice program.

vantexan

It takes special person to work at those places and it isn't a very well paid job. We just lost my mother-in-law who had traveled the lose the husband, sell the house after 12 years, move into a senior apartment with some care ($2,000 a month)), move to assisted living ($4,000 a month) and finally after falling and braking a hip and and 3 ribs was moved into a 24/7 hour care unit ($15,000 a month) where she died of COVID at 93 years old. She was always a very independent gal who refused to move in with us. My wife and one of her sons visited her daily until they went into Covid lock down. I will always have a ton of respect for people who work with the elderly and the Hospice program.
My dad will be 82 in March. Stubborn as a mule, refuses help. As soon as he's vaccinated I'm moving in but he's made it clear I'm not staying for the rest of his life. My sister says if I don't stay she's getting him paid help. He laughs and says that's what she thinks. When parents have done well and have always been in charge it's really difficult to get them to even compromise.