Storming the Capitol

El Correcto

god is dead
John L Lewis was born in my state and I have many family members on my mothers side that work the coal mines. I remember visiting in the early 60's and even then they had no inside plumbing. Almost like a Walton's episode.
Then you should know more. The largest inserrection since the civil war was certainly viewed as a national security threat and a threat to democracy. Martial law was declared, miners were tried under a military tribunal and denied the right of representation.

bacha29

Don’t worry. I’m sure Kamala and Joe‘s team will donate for their legal fees and bail like they did for the BLM rioters.
That's if they find a sympathetic judge willing to grant them bail. There's a whole of federal offenses being tossed around out there such as sedition, treason, assault, destruction of government property inciting a riot. Any of which could be charged. What happened today was only the second time it has happened in this nation's history. The last time was during the War Of 1812.

Big Rigger

That's if they find a sympathetic judge willing to grant them bail. There's a whole of federal offenses being tossed around out there such as sedition, treason, assault, destruction of government property inciting a riot. Any of which could be charged. What happened today was only the second time it has happened in this nation's history. The last time was during the War Of 1812.
shocking. yawn..
grandstander

PT Car Washer

Then you should know more. The largest inserrection since the civil war was certainly viewed as a national security threat and a threat to democracy. Martial law was declared, miners were tried under a military tribunal and denied the right of representation.
What does all of that have to do with a sitting defeated president trying to stop a peaceful transfer of power in a democratic country?

El Correcto

god is dead
Well all those blm rioters seemed to skate through, I’m sure democrats will rush to the aide of these mostly peaceful gentlemen. I mean after all what was it a couple hours of losing their :censored2: in one small portion of the country compared to literal months of fiery peaceful protest across major cities of the country?

El Correcto

god is dead
What does all of that have to do with a sitting defeated president trying to stop a peaceful transfer of power in a democratic country?
I’m just adding context of insurrections from our past to show how silly this seems compared to them. You are making mole hills into mountains, this is silly and tame to the actual violent struggles against government and corporations.

I think BLM might be more comparable to a violent insurrection than this. I mean people were trying to burn down police stations after attempting to barricade the officers inside.

PT Car Washer

Well all those blm rioters seemed to skate through, I’m sure democrats will rush to the aide of these mostly peaceful gentlemen. I mean after all what was it a couple hours of losing their * in one small portion of the country compared to literal months of fiery peaceful protest across major cities of the country?
There is a big difference between protesting and sedition. Or treason. There is still a Federal death penalty. That thought may sober up a few trump supporters.

PT Car Washer

I’m just adding context of insurrections from our past to show how silly this seems compared to them. You are making mole hills into mountains, this is silly and tame to the actual violent struggles against government and corporations.

I think BLM might be more comparable to a violent insurrection than this. I mean people were trying to burn down police stations after attempting to barricade the officers inside.
That will make a great defense when charged in Federal Court. "We were just kidding."

El Correcto

god is dead
There is a big difference between protesting and sedition. Or treason. There is still a Federal death penalty. That thought may sober up a few trump supporters.
Please, this ain’t treason you dummy.
treason is selling out your country to China so your coke head son can have a good life banging strippers while your country men watch their jobs head over seas and entire cities are left impoverished. You know like what the guy you just helped put in office has done for the last 50 years.

bacha29

Please, this ain’t treason you dummy.
treason is selling out your country to China so your coke head son can have a good life banging strippers while your country men watch their jobs head over seas and entire cities are left impoverished. You know like what the guy you just helped put in has done for the last 50 years.
Oh so the reason for the coup was that they didn't like Trump's China trade deal. What's next? That they didn't like the terms of the Versailles Treaty? That they don't like unleaded gas?