Strange Delivery...

Big Babooba

LOL, people are crazy. I had a multiple NDA stop (10-15) once that was invoices for the receiver. I asked him just how many would he use in one day, he told me 25-30 if it was a good day. I then asked him why he would have all the boxes sent NDA, why not just get one NDA and have the rest come ground. He just stared at me for a second and said, " Hmmm, never thought of that, from now on I will ".
The shareholders are in a panic because of you. The stock price has just tanked. Looks like I'll have to sell pencils on the street corner to support myself. Thanks.
Hey now you R defenitly wrong. He's wrong wrong and your wrong and I'm wright. I meant right, ore is it spelled wright. maybe I'm wrong.

Oh boy. according 2 corp. we R all wrong no matter how u spell it.

Now I need That toilet paper sent Express critical. I can't sit here till tommarrow!!!!!

:greedy:
Just squeeze your cheeks together and pray!

Cementups

Box Monkey
:surprised: Did you say GRAMMER LESSONS?? Was you talking about my mistakes or yours?? example "internt to vent" OOPS here's another one
"My borhter" , "stnading It's funny when someone wants to call another person out for doing the same thing themselves or maybe its different if you do it? By the way I have two brothers I'm not sure but I thinks thats how ya spell it. LOL:rofl: Forgot one my bad "hte"

Seriously?!?! You start off a bash on me by misspelling "grammar?" try again. My mistakes were clearly misstrokes and not complete abominations. And if you had been around much you would know that I had previously stated that I have a weak keyboard and tend to miss a letter here and there. Spelling does not equal grammar. Move along.

U

umpireernie

Banks are not the only businesses that will send things thru us just to have proof of delivery. I was delivering a mall route here once and one jewelery store shipped a 1 lb ground package to another jewelery store in the SAME MALL about 100 yards away.

The "time in transit" on this package was under 2 minutes. Pretty dang fast for ground service!

Ernie
Anchorage

ups79

I don't think how you posted would be conceived as humor but more as, "I can't believe you idiots don't know how to tell the obvious of what is inside a box." And the sigh was unnecessary as it insinuates your disgust for peoples lack of logical thinking.

just trying to help, not bashing. You know I'm on your team here. Some people on here don't like me either, or my grammar lessons.:knockedout:

banks do that alot just they can possibly obtain a signature or some sort of confirmation that it was delivered and that the people have it in their possession. Otherwise, if you tell someone that their paperwork is ready to be picked up, then they will take their jolly good old time to get their and pick it up. At least that that's the explanation I got when I questioned a local bank who did the same thing.

LOL, people are crazy. I had a multiple NDA stop (10-15) once that was invoices for the receiver. I asked him just how many would he use in one day, he told me 25-30 if it was a good day. I then asked him why he would have all the boxes sent NDA, why not just get one NDA and have the rest come ground. He just stared at me for a second and said, " Hmmm, never thought of that, from now on I will ".

In other words UPS lost revenue, while they are hoping you will develop sales leads and increase revenue?

In other words UPS lost revenue, while they are hoping you will develop sales leads and increase revenue?
Of geeez, this happened several years ago. Besides I would rather have the credibility of someone my customers can trust not to gauge them just because.

browniehound

Delivering packages for the last 10 years has taught me a valuable lesson about our customers or maybe corporate desicion makers in general. I say this for several reasons.

First, how many of us have delivered a NDA and then return to the same address at 430 PM to deliver a ground and the NDA is still sitting there? I guess it wasn't that important:happy2:!

Second, how about the shipper that sends a NDA saver to a residence in the same state (ground will provide the same level of service at a fraction of the cost)?

I can continue to provide examples of our customers wasting their money on services they don't understand. Its great for UPS that many of our customers are completely ignorant to exactly what they are buying at a premium from UPS.

The biggest one is the EAM service. I think some of our customers want their package there ASAP and choose "delivery before 8 AM" without thinking its likely NOBODY will be there to recieve it, LOL! I deliver EAMS 3-4 times a month as a FT driver and encounter this scenario 25% of the time.

I know there are many packages that NEED to get to its destination in the service that is selected so we must treat every parcel as such, but it doesn't surprise me in the least, when I see that NDA I rushed to deliver by 1030 sitting on the receptionist's desk when I return to pick up at 520 pm.

When I was an air driver and sitting at the letter box waiting for the commit time to pass a man in a suit and tie approached my package car with a NDA letter. We were in a suburb about 3 miles north of Boston. The NDA letter he handed me was addressed to post office square in downtown Boston, one town away. This guy asked me that since it was a NDA letter would it end up on an airplane!!!!!

I kept a straight face and told him it would get there via ground, but it would be serviced by 1030 instead of end-of-day for ground service. Its at that moment he realized the money he was wasting because we got into a conversation about all the services UPS had to offer.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, he could have mailed what was in that NDA letter for 33 cents (at the time) but was paying over $20 to send it UPS. It blows my mind that educated people (ignorant about shipping rates however!) will make these very costly choices. Again, good for us and bad for them, LOL!

ups79

Of geeez, this happened several years ago. Besides I would rather have the credibility of someone my customers can trust not to gauge them just because.

Your job is to deliver the parcels. Not to tell them what service level to use.

LiL"Comet"

Seriously?!?! You start off a bash on me by misspelling "grammar?" try again. My mistakes were clearly misstrokes and not complete abominations. And if you had been around much you would know that I had previously stated that I have a weak keyboard and tend to miss a letter here and there. Spelling does not equal grammar. Move along.

I never said i have the best grammer any way sweet pea. If you such a stickler for callling out everyones grammer mistakes instead of your MISSSTROKES

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your job is to deliver the parcels. Not to tell them what service level to use.

As browniehound clearly illustrated, customers do not always know the service options available to them so veteran drivers will often suggest an less expensive alternative for a customer's shipment.

Let me give you a perfect example of what BH and Trpl were talking about. I deliver/pickup the bookstore at our local SUNY college. I had a pkg being sent out NDA SVR going 2 streets away from the bookstore. This was sent out last Friday, which means they would not have received until today, probably during the afternoon. The student could have walked there and received it faster! I brought this to their attention and they agreed but told me that the student requested it be sent this way and was paying the shipping so we sent it on its way. (I actually ended up delivering it the same day as I was driving right by there and I figured she may need it for the weekend.)

I always try to put myself in the customer's shoes and try to find ways for them to save money, which may seem like I am losing revenue but I am actually making money for the company as I tend to get more packages shipped through us after I have told them some of our less-expensive service options. I would rather have 20 NDA SVRs than 1 NDA.

LiL"Comet"

I never said i have the best grammar any way sweet pea. If you such a stickler for calling out everyone's grammar mistakes instead of your MISSSTROKES

Like i was saying.... if your so hell belt determined all calling out someone for a "grammar mistake" then since you have a "weak" keyboard you should take the extra time to fix your own short cumin's. Most people that are always so quick to jump someone for a mistake is unhappy, or anal. I figure your both but there is good news ups provides a lot of help and support for different problems. The first step is to admitting there's a problem, that you really wanted to be a an English teacher but instead you became a ups driver... If you need any help you can count on me...

Moving on up !!!!! :foamfinger:

ups79

As browniehound clearly illustrated, customers do not always know the service options available to them so veteran drivers will often suggest an less expensive alternative for a customer's shipment.

Let me give you a perfect example of what BH and Trpl were talking about. I deliver/pickup the bookstore at our local SUNY college. I had a pkg being sent out NDA SVR going 2 streets away from the bookstore. This was sent out last Friday, which means they would not have received until today, probably during the afternoon. The student could have walked there and received it faster! I brought this to their attention and they agreed but told me that the student requested it be sent this way and was paying the shipping so we sent it on its way. (I actually ended up delivering it the same day as I was driving right by there and I figured she may need it for the weekend.)

I always try to put myself in the customer's shoes and try to find ways for them to save money, which may seem like I am losing revenue but I am actually making money for the company as I tend to get more packages shipped through us after I have told them some of our less-expensive service options. I would rather have 20 NDA SVRs than 1 NDA.

By delivering it the same day that you picked it up you could be creating a service failure.
I always gave the best service also(by great service it is meant doing what the consignee and shipper wanted).

browniehound

Banks are not the only businesses that will send things thru us just to have proof of delivery. I was delivering a mall route here once and one jewelery store shipped a 1 lb ground package to another jewelery store in the SAME MALL about 100 yards away.

The "time in transit" on this package was under 2 minutes. Pretty dang fast for ground service!

Ernie
Anchorage

Ernie,
My understanding is you should have brought the package back to your center and the customer should have recieved it the next day. This way, the shipper can be billed properly. Why this person didn't walk the package 100 feet himself is questionable, but we still need to follow the procedure for billing purposes.

I had a silimlar situation on my route about 14 months ago. I picked up a NDA for an address that I drive by after making my daily pick-ups. This address was less than 1 mile away, yet my customer decided to ship it NDA:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:.

When I noticed the address I called the center and asked if I should just deliver it today. They said despite the shipper's stupidity I can't deliver it until the next day for billing purposes. It needs to come back to the hub to obtain the shipper's info.

Another thing I realized was it would show as a late NDA if I delivered it at 430 even though it was a day early!! Isn't that a trip??

Easy profit for UPS because I would drive by this address 3 times during the day. Its not my money so why should I care????

With the price of fuel and inflation out of control today, I can't believe people are so careless with their spending.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

By delivering it the same day that you picked it up you could be creating a service failure.
I always gave the best service also(by great service it is meant doing what the consignee and shipper wanted).

I wasn't questioning your service to your customers and if I came across that way I do apologize. Customer service extends beyond simply getting the pkg from Point A to Point B. I always suggest cheaper alternatives when possible, especially to some of my smaller shippers. The larger shippers, for the most part, have a pretty good handle on all of our service options so I don't say a whole lot when I am there.

BTW, I don't normally deliver a pkg same day but when I do I have yet to have a service failure. I normally receive a "thank you" and "wow, this got here quickly" and go on my way. It does drive my center manager crazy when I do it.

drewed

Shankman
Ernie,
My understanding is you should have brought the package back to your center and the customer should have recieved it the next day. This way, the shipper can be billed properly. Why this person didn't walk the package 100 feet himself is questionable, but we still need to follow the procedure for billing purposes.

I had a silimlar situation on my route about 14 months ago. I picked up a NDA for an address that I drive by after making my daily pick-ups. This address was less than 1 mile away, yet my customer decided to ship it NDA:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag:.

When I noticed the address I called the center and asked if I should just deliver it today. They said despite the shipper's stupidity I can't deliver it until the next day for billing purposes. It needs to come back to the hub to obtain the shipper's info.

Another thing I realized was it would show as a late NDA if I delivered it at 430 even though it was a day early!! Isn't that a trip??

Easy profit for UPS because I would drive by this address 3 times during the day. Its not my money so why should I care????

With the price of fuel and inflation out of control today, I can't believe people are so careless with their spending.

If theyre using Worldship or Campusship isnt all the billing done automatically? That was my understanding of domestic/ and if theyre writing out airway bills take the pu record copy and the package is on its way.

Am I wrong in this?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If theyre using Worldship or Campusship isnt all the billing done automatically? That was my understanding of domestic/ and if theyre writing out airway bills take the pu record copy and the package is on its way.

Am I wrong in this?

Closed Loop billing will kick in. If a 1Z is delivered, the billing system reconciles and bills automatically based on PLD submitted and if that is not available based on the postal code of the shipping location of the UPS Account number within the 1Z and average historical data of the shipper.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Comet----actually it's just a pet peeve of mine. And if I had even the slightest thought of being a teacher, I doubt it would be English. Plus I make twice as much money than alot of teachers do and my office is mobile and outside.

I'm 33 and been with UPS for 15 years. I think I'll stay :p