Strike Authorization Approved

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I’m gonna take in the butt no matter what. I’m gathering more contacts for options if needed. Locally and in other states I’ve worked in. A few months at FedEx could be a quick bridge between whatever is next.
It takes quite awhile for fedex to hire anyone. The background checks alone take weeks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Starting pay for an unloader in 1968 was $3.13 which our hub was full time jobs.

I started in 71. Starting pay was somewhere around $6.25 then. EXCELLANT paying job back then. My wife was a secretary working full time for the State of Mn. and she made $3.50 an hour. We were pulling in almost 10 bucks an hour and were the richest people we knew amongst our large group of friends. We saved $10,000 the first year and bought a 3 bedroom lake home for $18,000. Our house payments on an 8k home loan were 88 bucks a month---which included taxes and insurance.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I started in 71. Starting pay was somewhere around $6.25 then. EXCELLANT paying job back then. My wife was a secretary working full time for the State of Mn. and she made $3.50 an hour. We were pulling in almost 10 bucks an hour and were the richest people we knew amongst our large group of friends. We saved $10,000 the first year and bought a 3 bedroom lake home for $18,000. Our house payments on an 8k home loan were 88 bucks a month---which included taxes and insurance.
Sounds like you had it pretty rough........
My $6.25 starting wage in 1971 would be the same as $37.14 an hour in 2018.
Oh yeah? How much is that 18,000 dollar home worth today?

Tony Q

If the drivers can drive a package car and find the right address and deliver the right package, I think they will figure out how to fill out a simple ballot.
Alrighty then, we are a workforce that very intelligent! Just look at what all your co workers have done over the last thirty years you have worked there and think about your above statement.

Rack em

Made the Podium
But how hard did you have it?

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds like you had it pretty rough........

Oh yeah? How much is that 18,000 dollar home worth today?

Being that it is on one of the most popular lakes around here it would probably be worth $400,000+ now but anyone who would buy it would bulldoze it down and build a million dollar+ lake house now. Todays woman wouldn't be caught dead living in a 1940s style house that had started life as a cabin and was added on to a couple of times