Strike Authorization Approved

Indecisi0n

tenor.gif

Tony Q

Never heard of a STATE strike fund going to striking teamsters. Only a strike fund from individual locals. Whose members pay extra into.
Members that still belong to conferences have this benefit. I believe there is one in Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan.

BigBrown1234

Yes. Whatever you saw was just stating that the local unions representing UPS employees approved a strike vote by the members, us, which will happen later this month.

If you're really worried, call your union hall. I wouldn't get stressed out about it yet though. Nobody wants a strike.

I WANT TO STRIKE STRIKE SO BAD!!

I was in the 97’ strike.
Hella fun. Bbq,football,shots, regular hours, getting to know my co workers better, I would bring my fam, it was a pleasant experience, especially under the circumstances builds comradery.
The local businesses union/nonunion would bring us food drinks cold water.

I do understand everyone’s plight is different.

Thank God I was raised by a family from the Depression era and immigrant status. Debt was looked at as a horrible sin. I live way under my means. I always have at least one year worth of fall back money, no debt beyond the house of which I almost have paid off.

twoweeled

And what exactly is enough $ for ones stike fund? I feel that a $25 an hour job is better than a $35k “strike fund”.
I forget what the figures are. I think it's accepted, most people should have enough money to sustain them for 6 months. It's a shame, some people live check to check. Gotta have some money in the bank. That is a no-brainer! May not be a "strike fund", but it'll work just the same. Or we can prepare to take it in the butt every single contract. Fight back, or bend over.

I forget what the figures are. I think it's accepted, most people should have enough money to sustain them for 6 months. It's a shame, some people live check to check. Gotta have some money in the bank. That is a no-brainer! May not be a "strike fund", but it'll work just the same. Or we can prepare to take it in the butt every single contract. Fight back, or bend over.
I’m gonna take in the butt no matter what. I’m gathering more contacts for options if needed. Locally and in other states I’ve worked in. A few months at FedEx could be a quick bridge between whatever is next.

twoweeled

I’m gonna take in the butt no matter what. I’m gathering more contacts for options if needed. Locally and in other states I’ve worked in. A few months at FedEx could be a quick bridge between whatever is next.
From your perspective, you may take in the butt, no matter what. Wouldn't you rather fight and get in a few punches of your own, rather than just be a punching bag every contract - while saying to yourself; well, I'm going to take it in the butt anyway?
Too each their own, but if I'm getting punched, I wanna get in a couple of my own. At least know, I put up a fight. Not have to hear, he just laid down and took whatever they gave him.