Strike Authorization Approved

twoweeled

Years ago it wasn't a bad paying job for the time. Now I'm suprised they can keep anyone.
I could be wrong, but!! about 40-45 years ago, I think top pay for an unloader (hub man) was around $5-$6 per hour. I could almost swear, it was $6.42 an hour. That's a long time ago, so I could very well be wrong. Around 1977-78 ? Someone here knows. Please confirm or correct me, someone.

twoweeled

Yeah , the poor unloaders. They unload a 50 foot trailer for $5 , lol
I'm thinking 45 years ago, we were paid about the same per trailer. Took about an hour and the pay may have been around $6 an hour? Main difference, is we didn't have 52' trailers. I think it was mainly 40's or 45's. Another difference is, we could buy a house for $40,000 with that $6 per hour then. Not a lot of $40,000 houses in Calif anymore. So houses have gone up more than 10X since, and PT pay has gone up about double? Yeah! That sounds fair!
I need someone to confirm top pay back in 1078 ish. I could be totally wrong on these numbers. Please correct me, before people start shooting me with paint balls!!

twoweeled

Huhhhh, I've been drinking a bit tonight. I'd like to make sure what I'm looking at in this picture before I comment! This rear view shot isn't clear enough. I know what I want to say, but I'm holding off till I'm sure. You guys aren't very forgiving about mistakes.
The wine was pretty good!! 15% !!

35years

Gravy route
$9.80 per hr 1978 for full timers.

Same buying power as $39.18 in 2018

Part timers made (I believe) $.50 less per hour.

6 month progression.

Last edited:

IESucks

Why are we striking

What happens if we go on strike ?

What’s the process in all of this ?

How do we get paid ?
There is no strike. Just approval if neccesary. You can choose to cross picket line and work and get paid as usual. No work no pay. Just wait till its over. Last one was 2 weeks

Johnny123456789

I'm a high seniority part timer and I'm voting for the strike. Than I'll cross the picket line and get mine. Lol! Nobody cares about us, so screw you guys.