Strike Authorization Approved

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Oh noooooow we're a brotherhood? Now we're teamsters? Lol! Full timers despise part timers, especially high seniority part timers.

I'm voting Strike and I'm crossing the line. Good luck!
F2D2702B-00B8-4749-AD26-B6B7083F032E.gif

The Range

In too deep
Honestly, it wouldn't take too many PTers striking at some of these hubs to absolutely tank production.

A fair number of hubs already depend on management to work during the summer, since they exhaust the double-shift list every single day. Happens earlier and earlier every year. That strike cushion isn't what it once was. They've already done it this week on one of our sorts.

It's early May. Not even hot out yet. The staffing only gets worse from here.

If the union agitates correctly, they could do a lot to increase PTer buy in to a strike. Most of the backbone (un)loaders in my hub are 2-to-8 years seniority by this point, and as a group are pretty agitated about the fact that the new retention bonuses ($120 a week) elevate new hires above their pay level. Extra insult comes from how production took a noticeable hit when management turnover started to dictate staffing training sups off the street. The resulting newbies have sucked.

Absolutely all of the above. I've been here a decade and we have supervisors "allowed" to work every day since the start of May on our sort. It's been like this for the last 7+ years. Supervisors "called" to work 8 months out of the year. It should be simple.. UPS can't retain anyone.. the only option is to pay up until you retain employees. The union shouldn't be talking concessions for a PT wage increase when at the current wage UPS needs to work supervisors year round for years on end? This is a union? Oh yeah... and that increase in pay rate to retain? It's going to non-union new hires. The full-time inside jobs? They are now going to seasonals who are paid double starting PT rate to bump seniority part-timers from their preferred jobs ! Face it.. it's over and "we" did it via the uninformed majority driving us into doom with these :censored2:ing crooks representing us.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Oh noooooow we're a brotherhood? Now we're teamsters? Lol! Full timers despise part timers, especially high seniority part timers.

I'm voting Strike and I'm crossing the line. Good luck!
When were we not a brotherhood? I love the part timers. The only ones I complain about are the ones that want to be part time for life that don’t have any other job. Cross the line! But don’t expect to come back over Scabby123456789