Strike authorization vote for 705

tieguy

Banned
Mike Hawk;371245[COLOR=blue said:
]same tired dialogue from a union goon too blind to see he has been brainwashed.[/[/COLOR]quote]

managements been cancelling a lot of meetings as part of their cost cutting as the economy has turned sour. Your problem is you think the whole world is watching and reacting to the "we are special union"

Dutch Dawg

Tieguy and 705red, between the 2 of you there are over 8500 posts!!! Even on your days off your on here bitching about UPS or the union. Get a hobby, maybe then u 2 wouldnt be so angry all the time. Get out of the house.

Where else would Tie go? Don't you know; he's on temporary assignment to the Brown Cafe untill he gets this whole sorted thing straightened out. :happy-very:

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
You know tie the company is playing along with the charade, yesterday we found out that the big shots from atlanta are fiinally coming down, to settle this and get it done. Don't know if the strike authorization had to do anything with it, but im sure it did. The company canceled the previous meeting with the local on Thursday, with four schedule meeting days left. They are sure cutting it short! Now I hear they are retaliating by sending lower seniority drivers home even if they are scheduled to work bypassing the contract. All this after the vote.

tieguy

Banned
You know tie the company is playing along with the charade, yesterday we found out that the big shots from atlanta are fiinally coming down, to settle this and get it done.

you expected them to sit back and read the newspaper?
The corporate folks were already scheduled to come in, your union timed the strike vote to make it look like the company was forced to send them in. Thats why the economics were not being discussed yet because they were saving that for the big boys in atlanta.

Don't know if the strike authorization had to do anything with it, but im sure it did. The company canceled the previous meeting with the local on Thursday, with four schedule meeting days left. They are sure cutting it short! Now I hear they are retaliating by sending lower seniority drivers home even if they are scheduled to work bypassing the contract. All this after the vote.

If you and others are telling the customers that there will be a strike because the company is not negotiating then I would expect volume to divert. If thats the case then there will be lay offs as the volume lightens up. What did you expect them to do keep working people when the volume is dropping for the summer and possibly because of your strike vote?

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Nobody is telling customers about the possibility of a strike at least I'm not, That would be kind of foolish, I'm not going to lie about it either, I would say some thing like we are in the negotiating process, we don't want to strike.

If you and others are telling the customers that there will be a strike because the company is not negotiating then I would expect volume to divert. If thats the case then there will be lay offs as the volume lightens up. What did you expect them to do keep working people when the volume is dropping for the summer and possibly because of your strike vote?

The strike vote was on Sunday. On Monday 15 drivers were informed that they where being put "on call" at the end of their work day. Even if someone wanted to inform any customers and did so 12 hours is not enough time for any accounts to be diverted. Amazingly there was enough work for the 22.3s who do feeder work to be started early and then double shifted on feeder work. All drivers worked 12 hours yesterday and were at 11+ when I left today. We have been busy at the Cach all this year as if we were still at peak,overtime is at an all time high and sign up lists for extra work are posted weekly including this week and next. Now how can volume and available work be this high and all of a sudden ,within 12 hours of a vote against the company, the need for 15 of our drivers with start time around a 24 hour clock be no longer needed. As long as they`re off many including myself are going to be taking measures to reduce our overtime.

Mike Hawk

managements been cancelling a lot of meetings as part of their cost cutting as the economy has turned sour. Your problem is you think the whole world is watching and reacting to the "we are special union"
The person who decided to cut costs by canceling meetings, resulting in a strike is the dumbest person ever! I doubt anyone is that stupid.

PS if you are gonna copy my post, do it right:happy-very:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I copied this from another thread that i repled to under ups discussions.

Well after the strike vote sunday ups submitted there economic proposal today to the union. Are you ready for this?

Aug 1st 2008 15 Cents
feb 1st 2008 15 cents
aug 1st 2009 and 2010 17 and a half cents
feb 1st 2009 and 2010 17 and a half cents
aug 1st 2011 20 cents
feb 1st 2011 20 cents
aug 1st 2012 25 cents and again on feb 1st with an additional 12 bucks a week paid into the pension per year over the 5 years. While also bringing topout progression upto 4 years, 90 days notice to retire, 36 months for family medical coverage.

Really? Ups and the union had there worse meeting by far today with sparring back and forth across the table. Ups you are down to 3 dates to meet and hammer out this contract before chicago walks out next friday!

drewed

Shankman
The person who decided to cut costs by canceling meetings, resulting in a strike is the dumbest person ever! I doubt anyone is that stupid.

PS if you are gonna copy my post, do it right:happy-very:

the dumbest person ever! doesnt pay attention to the context of the post! he never said management was canceling meetings that would result in a strike, he was saying as a general rule; management is doing teleconfrencing, net meetings to save travel cost and increase management productivity

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Hey Red is this the COLA raise we were supposed to get ???

Well after the strike vote sunday ups submitted there economic proposal today to the union. Are you ready for this?

Aug 1st 2008 15 Cents
feb 1st 2008 15 cents
aug 1st 2011 20 cents
feb 1st 2011 20 cents
aug 1st 2012 25 cents and again on feb 1st with an additional 12 bucks a week paid into the pension per year over the 5 years. While also bringing topout progression upto 4 years, 90 days notice to retire, 36 months for family medical coverage.

Really? Ups and the union had there worse meeting by far today with sparring back and forth across the table. Ups you are down to 3 dates to meet and hammer out this contract before chicago walks out next friday!

Mike Hawk

Aug 1st 2008 15 Cents
feb 1st 2008 15 cents
aug 1st 2011 20 cents
feb 1st 2011 20 cents

I hope this is their extreme low that they plan on negotiating up from, but if they want to screw around with these negotiations then they will have to deal with the consequences.

Mike Hawk

the dumbest person ever! doesnt pay attention to the context of the post! he never said management was canceling meetings that would result in a strike, he was saying as a general rule; management is doing teleconfrencing, net meetings to save travel cost and increase management productivity
Pay attention to the thread, 705red said management canceled the 5th to last meeting with the union negotiating committee. With less than a week to work out a contract and vote on it I think a strike is a pretty high probability. So yes canceling meetings and general lack of interest will most likely result in a strike.

drewed

Shankman
Pay attention to the thread, 705red said management canceled the 5th to last meeting with the union negotiating committee. With less than a week to work out a contract and vote on it I think a strike is a pretty high probability. So yes canceling meetings and general lack of interest will most likely result in a strike.

Then quote Red not Tie then

Mike Hawk

Tie responded to my post about canceled meetings by brushing it off, I responded to that. I was not talking to 705red, that is where the info came from.

Please read the first five words of my previous post again, thanks.

drewed

Shankman
That doesnt change the fact that Tie was pointing out all management meetings are being cut across the board to save costs, just not the negotiations.

705red

Browncafe Steward
That doesnt change the fact that Tie was pointing out all management meetings are being cut across the board to save costs, just not the negotiations.

I guess thats one way to look at it. By cancelling negotiations ups will save money next friday because theres over 12,000 people on strike and they wont have to pay them wages for the day. That should help the earnings report and stock. You better becareful that ups never finds out who you are. They will move you up real quick with that kind of cut throat approach.

brownman15

I guess thats one way to look at it. By cancelling negotiations ups will save money next friday because theres over 12,000 people on strike and they wont have to pay them wages for the day. That should help the earnings report and stock. You better becareful that ups never finds out who you are. They will move you up real quick with that kind of cut throat approach.

:happy-very::happy-very::smart::smart:

tieguy

Banned

Sigh.......there is absolutely nothing cut throat said in his post. You guys are turning into drama queens.