Strike authorization vote for 705

180px-Moses041.jpg

Tieguy,thou must not spread the tongue false. Now my children this way to the doughnuts.

tieguy

Banned
Your kidding, right? Were else can you 6000 people working at minimum wage working this hard? Im talking without guards with whips!

Cach has its own bus terminal, its like watching the old pyramids being built the way you treats these kids! Bus comes and drops off a full load, 10 minutes later a full load geta back onto the bus. Dont tell me you cant turn those ptime positions into 22.3 jobs and get better production out of them.

it would be cheaper to close down the day sort there.

I thought you guys were the union to die for. How could you possibly have people working at minimum wage? Did you fail your part timers on your last special seperate negotiations?

brownman15

I thought you guys were the union to die for. How could you possibly have people working at minimum wage? Did you fail your part timers on your last special seperate negotiations?

how can we get ptimers more when ups will not negotiate economics proposals that why we need 2 take a strike vote so we can fight for higher starting wage for ptimers

Of course you must be referring to the last time starting wages for partimers were addressed.

Or the thousands of new fulltime 22.3 combo jobs that were created.

I was told by the union the strike was solely about pension control. The part-time issues and the fulltime jobs creations were agreed before the strike started. Now the pension has been given up...So the strike was in vein.

New Englander

Your kidding, right? Were else can you 6000 people working at minimum wage working this hard? Im talking without guards with whips!

Cach has its own bus terminal, its like watching the old pyramids being built the way you treats these kids! Bus comes and drops off a full load, 10 minutes later a full load geta back onto the bus. Dont tell me you cant turn those ptime positions into 22.3 jobs and get better production out of them.

Yeah and then comes the higher wages of the 22.3 that need to be taken into account.

705red

Browncafe Steward
We are taking our strike vote for several reasons. No economics have been discussed minus all new ftimers only will receive a 40 hour vacation pay week now.

Ups has proposed some very damaging language that will eliminate alot of jobs, and will weaken our working conditions.

Ups has yet to take us serious, perfect example was cancelling our only negotiation for this week, now leaving us 4 days. Nothing has been addressed only counter proposals. When will they see fit to get into the details?

Why is the union the only one taking this serious. As of sept 1st dhl will be out of the residential, yes looks like we will get dell back! Only 2 companies can fight for this work ups and fed ex, but a strike will hurt those chances but ups doesnt see it as we see it.

Tomorrow will force ups to bargain in good faith or have us walking august 1st.

tieguy

Banned
how can we get ptimers more when ups will not negotiate economics proposals that why we need 2 take a strike vote so we can fight for higher starting wage for ptimers

My man go back and read what you typed. You have it bad. If I typed lines like that you guys would think I was some kind of company zombie.

Heres the deal brownie:

You guys negotiate seperately to get a better deal.

Your unions are too good to soil their feet by joining the national negotiations. Even though the driving force by unionism should be the unity.

So as special as you guy are yet Red claims your locals have 6000 members working at minimum wage. You only have 13000 total.

no other local has that high a percentage of their members working at minimum wage.

so how good is this seperate negotiation working for you.

tieguy

Banned
We are taking our strike vote for several reasons. No economics have been discussed minus all new ftimers only will receive a 40 hour vacation pay week now.

Ups has proposed some very damaging language that will eliminate alot of jobs, and will weaken our working conditions.

Ups has yet to take us serious, perfect example was cancelling our only negotiation for this week, now leaving us 4 days. Nothing has been addressed only counter proposals. When will they see fit to get into the details?

Why is the union the only one taking this serious. As of sept 1st dhl will be out of the residential, yes looks like we will get dell back! Only 2 companies can fight for this work ups and fed ex, but a strike will hurt those chances but ups doesnt see it as we see it.

Tomorrow will force ups to bargain in good faith or have us walking august 1st.

Good propaganda release Red . Good job overall. only thing watch the paraphrasing. The official release reads "why is the union the only one taking these negotiations serious" where you substituted this for these negotiations. Otherwise nice job on following the propaganda script from our beloved propaganda minister.

New Englander

While obviously Tie and I do not agree on a lot. He has a point that I'm getting the feeling that more and more of us agree with.

One Master agreement for all. You can still fight changes with the sups that everyone has.

You can't come on here and spout Union togetherness when in fact you guys are not really with most of us. It just does not feel right to me.

BrownSuit

If they come here into chicago with the intent of crossing our picket line, i will go into my trunk with the intent to get out my baseball bat!

You never cross any strike line any!, we had people fined here in chicago in 97 and are no longer part of the union for doing so!

Which i had no problem reminding everyone about this week.

Red,

I negatively rep'd you for this comment. I realize in your response to Cheryl you said it was tongue in cheek, but it is not funny by any means.

The last of the real Union Violence was in '99-01 when the Teamsters tried to Unionize Overnite. There is a movie that you need to watch called American Standoff. By no means is this even funny. It's like yelling Bomb in an airport and if you had said it publicly at a union meeting, would be grounds for fines from the NLRB.

If you haven't heard of some of the things that happened on both sides with Overnite, you need to see the movie for a wakeup call. This is 2008, get with the program.

As for this entire issue, Be United, Get on the National Master Agreement, put the needed supplements in place and be happy like everybody else. This country is in rough shape. This company is loosing money like bandits because of energy prices and the fact that nobody ships overnight anymore. Be happy that you have a job right now.

We need to weather the storm, not have people like you stirring up trouble and talking strikes.

With the baseball bat reference, you need to sit back, take a couple of days away from this forum and really think. This isn't fun and games. This is people's lives and families.

People almost died with the Overnite Unionization. Quite a few ended up in the Hospital and what came of it? What did it profit?

What are you actually trying to accomplish other than creating a name for yourself? If there is a genuine concern, address it in a supplement. Don't drag the entire company down for your own selfish ambition and pride.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,

I negatively rep'd you for this comment. I realize in your response to Cheryl you said it was tongue in cheek, but it is not funny by any means.

The last of the real Union Violence was in '99-01 when the Teamsters tried to Unionize Overnite. There is a movie that you need to watch called American Standoff. By no means is this even funny. It's like yelling Bomb in an airport and if you had said it publicly at a union meeting, would be grounds for fines from the NLRB.

If you haven't heard of some of the things that happened on both sides with Overnite, you need to see the movie for a wakeup call. This is 2008, get with the program.

I was on the picket lines with my overnite brothers here in chicago, and there was no violence!

As for this entire issue, Be United, Get on the National Master Agreement, put the needed supplements in place and be happy like everybody else. This country is in rough shape. This company is loosing money like bandits because of energy prices and the fact that nobody ships overnight anymore. Be happy that you have a job right now.

Nice management propaganda here, the company is passing the fuel charhes right on to the customers. If ups wanted us under the national comtract dont you think they would have asked? You sound like your high up there on the food chain in atlanta, you should have the answer to this.

We need to weather the storm, not have people like you stirring up trouble and talking strikes.

Buddy! Tell ups to sit at the table and get this done or we will be walking come a week from friday. If they resolve it we wont its their call!

With the baseball bat reference, you need to sit back, take a couple of days away from this forum and really think. This isn't fun and games. This is people's lives and families.

People almost died with the Overnite Unionization. Quite a few ended up in the Hospital and what came of it? What did it profit?

The ibt traded away the current upsers in order to get freight signed, thats my opinion!

What are you actually trying to accomplish other than creating a name for yourself? If there is a genuine concern, address it in a supplement. Don't drag the entire company down for your own selfish ambition and pride.
If ups was offering us this same supplement you would not have a national agreement in place. We would have voted it down and down and down. In order for the master to go into affect all supplements must be settled.

Im not trying to make a name, im trying to get atlanta down here to resolve this so there will not be a strike and have their people bargain.

705red

Browncafe Steward
My man go back and read what you typed. You have it bad. If I typed lines like that you guys would think I was some kind of company zombie.

Heres the deal brownie:

You guys negotiate seperately to get a better deal.

Your unions are too good to soil their feet by joining the national negotiations. Even though the driving force by unionism should be the unity.

So as special as you guy are yet Red claims your locals have 6000 members working at minimum wage. You only have 13000 total.

no other local has that high a percentage of their members working at minimum wage.

so how good is this seperate negotiation working for you.

How long were you in ie? Your math sucks, i said we have 13000 ups members and a total of 19000 members overall in 705.

W

westsideworma

Part timers will be starting at minimum wage in MA either this year or next (can't remember when the state bumps it up again) so its really not that hard to believe that some areas have people starting at minimum wage. I understand their agreement is separate but overall it seems the union as a whole failed the ptimers....then again, they don't really help their cause (in most places) as most, but certainly not all, don't really participate in union activities.

I don't know what the union plans to do about that as I'm no longer a member, but I hope they do something as if it stays there, I don't think anyone (save people who want to go driving) will want to start out here at that rate. I'm surprised the union didn't go the no bennies + higher pay rate option route with PTimers at least. Then at least those just using it for some extra change/workout and not benefits would have some motivation to stay and work hard.

You get what you pay for, the drivers I think are hard workers and the face of this company and are rewarded with industry leading pay and bennies. Part timers, while not really seen in the public eye are just as important. They move the packages that get to those package cars, are also pushed to meet demanding performance goals as the drivers are and I think they deserve a little more to show for it than they are currently getting.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The more PTers hired, the more initiation fees grabbed by the union. The more PTers who work for two months and leave, the more free money the Union has sucked out of their paycheck.

The Union doesn't really care too much for the fresh faced part-timers. Their bullseyes are on the people who have been inside for 2 years or more. It has been pretty evident for my 15 years in the company.

New Englander

Turn over is great for The Union, they collect initiation and regular dues and don't have to worry about later pension collection down the road.

tieguy

Banned
How long were you in ie? Your math sucks, i said we have 13000 ups members and a total of 19000 members overall in 705.

Well bunky since you and I were talking about your ups members then it sounds like I was right again.

How did your superior union with its seperate negotiations negotiate to put 6000 members( your words) at the poverty levels?

Sirapak

IL Palatine UPS Sorter
I voted yes today for the strike. Thank you 705red for posting the address here. It wasn't really given out well to us upsers(first timers). Do you know when the results will be posted here as you pointed out in your original post in this topic?