Strike in August, what say you?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They also put little or nothing into the 401k and refinance the house every 5 years
Gotta have the boat, the jet skies, the 70,000 rv with the truck to pull it... something else is having all the kids in sports and gymnastics AND all the extras associated with that... especially if they are good athletes and are on traveling teams and doing expensive clinics and classes that are hundreds of dollars for a weekend... have coworkers who spend every weekend at baseball and lacrosse tournaments... they spend tens of thousands of dollars a year on this...

Gotta have the boat, the jet skies, the 70,000 rv with the truck to pull it... something else is having all the kids in sports and gymnastics AND all the extras associated with that... especially if they are good athletes and are on traveling teams and doing expensive clinics and classes that are hundreds of dollars for a weekend... have coworkers who spend every weekend at baseball and lacrosse tournaments... they spend tens of thousands of dollars a year on this...
Gotta have the newest toys! Worry about the future tomorrow.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
I am very much of the opinion we will strike in August. I realize my center is but a microcosum of UPS as a whole but this is what I am seeing:

1) WAY too many drivers . 3-6 drivers are given the day off every day. The center is too fat

2) The company refuses to settle grievances. 2013-2016 Local Hearings were held every month and every couple of months we got grievance checks. The current thing for management to do now is to cancel the hearings on the scheduled date and push them off another month while the grievances keep piling up.

3) Alot of extra Management has appeared from Corporate to "assist" our management team

4) After 7 months of negotiating absolutely no movement has been made in the Southern Region Supplement Negotiations

I really think the company is trying to force a strike
Don't think it will happen, but I would not mind a couple of unpaid weeks in August. Teach us all a lesson

Tony Q

I could see the Company letting us walk. This could be that backbreaker to officially break the Union. If you look at all the technology they have since 1997, it sure looks like they have tuned up the Brown Machine just in case. Our industry leading wages could also put members in a bind if we were locked out for a week. I could see a lot of full-time employees not being able to sit out more than one week. We'll have to wait and see, but I don't exactly have the faith I had in 1997 in my Union brothers and sisters. This is a different workforce altogether.