Here is what happened.
Im a primary sorter sorting tires from the tirerack. There are 2 others there to help.
Normally when the tirerack is unloaded, the wide chute is latched close, and packed with tires. FT Supervisor comes over and opens up the chute. Tells me to stand at the bottom of the chute and instead he is going to pass me one at a time. and i have to roll them to either side for the other guys to stack. to try to save some time.
OK i say
10 min pass and the manager comes and says to the FT "hey this is not how we do the tires" "close the chute its safer" He then closes the chute but DOES NOT LATCH IT!
FT supe hurls a set of tires down the chute and i get hit with the flap and the tire. Got the wind knocked out of me. But thats all. Could of been so much worse. Manager who wasn't to far heard this and came back. I was laughing because my coworkers were. So he didnt seem to interested. He asked if i was ok and told me to get some water. Then went back to his radio.
Who should i be mad at? If this FT supe wasnt always working it wouldnt of happened.
What do i do?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You address this safety concern with your safety committee. The FT sup is not familiar with that area and as such should have let the manager who was run his operation. You are lucky in that you just had the wind knocked out of you.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Here is what happened.
Im a primary sorter sorting tires from the tirerack. There are 2 others there to help.
Normally when the tirerack is unloaded, the wide chute is latched close, and packed with tires. FT Supervisor comes over and opens up the chute. Tells me to stand at the bottom of the chute and instead he is going to pass me one at a time. and i have to roll them to either side for the other guys to stack. to try to save some time.
OK i say
10 min pass and the manager comes and says to the FT "hey this is not how we do the tires" "close the chute its safer" He then closes the chute but DOES NOT LATCH IT!
FT supe hurls a set of tires down the chute and i get hit with the flap and the tire. Got the wind knocked out of me. But thats all. Could of been so much worse. Manager who wasn't to far heard this and came back. I was laughing because my coworkers were. So he didnt seem to interested. He asked if i was ok and told me to get some water. Then went back to his radio.
Who should i be mad at? If this FT supe wasnt always working it wouldnt of happened.
What do i do?

You should be mad at yourself for not filling out an injury report

Turdferguson

Just a turd
....for getting the wind knocked out of him...?

What he should have done was written up an incident report and handed it to a member of his safety committee.
How do you know if he has a cracked rib? Could have internal bleeding. Not all injuries manifest themselves at the time of the injury. CYA when it comes to injuries

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Here is what happened.
OK i say
What do i do?
Coach Wally would tell you to rub some dirt in it and get back in the box.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Here is what happened.
OK i say
What do i do?
If that's a picture of you, you should change it asap