stupid observation about ups pens..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
In our pens, they stupily do this. They'll park a 1200, next to a 1000. The driver in the 1200 has a 900 start time, while the driver in the 1000 waits inside the truck for 20 minutes trying to get out.

A stupid observation about our pens.
Send them to me, we dont have any pens, but the same parking problem.

W

westsideworma

I remember Kelly and Alden were absolutely irate over the fact that the customers loved their driver and disliked the people running the company back in '97 during the strike. They trusted the driver and most were like family to them. My center manager told me a few months after everything settled down that they (CMs) were going to make visits to the customers in an effort to sway them into believing that mngmnt. were really the ones who cared about them. That didn't work to well he told me later. PASS/EDD dispatches are accomplishing what they wanted indirectly and they love it. They really believe they can put anyone in the seat and get the same results except when there's a problem then they want you to go out and fix it using your reputation and friendships.

They shouldn't have been irate, people choose UPS due to the relationships to the service provider (with businesses I know in my town). The fed ex guy in this area I guess is not very hospitable and whether fedex wants to know it or not I know at least 3 businesses in my town that choose us just for that reason alone. Yeah our service has to be good as well but they love their UPS driver. That was their main factor. They like most (not all lol) of the covers that have come and gone on this route too. It IS important.

The drivers are the face of the company....they are what the public sees. I don't understand why they'd be irate over this, its just a simple fact. When you think of UPS you don't think of the manager/supervisor back at the hub/center calling the shots, the loader who loaded the trailer or the preloader who loaded the car, you think of the driver and the brown truck (or package car since we work there and know better haha). It's why we have some of the hardest working and customer-centric people in the country. Just seems like some people in this company forget that from time to time.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I haven't used one of the brown pens in about 5 years. A financial place on my area got a bunch of pens that they didn't like and told me to help myself. Great pen too with the rubber grip. I ned to have a thicker pen than the one UPS offers, for doing both my delivery notices and my crossword puzzles inteh paper while I eat llunch.