Stupid things People say or Do??

G

gman

"Which end do I use?" as they start writing.

No Noo! It won't work that way! You're left handed. Use the other end!

After a short stare at me, they just laugh and sign.
lol.gif

S

switchoff

Whenever they confusingly look at which end to use, I clearly explain to them the pen was designed for righties, lefties and blondes.

R

rushfan

Yes, I use the lefties and righties on the pen. I tell them lefties use the left side of the pen, and righties use the right side. Try it next time, you'll be surprised how many will actually do that.

One time, a customer asked what's in it. I told them, "don't open it 'till I leave". Man, you should have seen the look on their faces.

D

downtown

OK this happened today. I walked this Dell pkg up the driveway in the pouring down rain. Ring the bell woman comes to sign and says "Why is it wet do you think it hurt it?" I'm like you got to be kidding and turn and walk away.Guess I should have put it in a bag.
sad2.gif

30andout

Haven't heard this in a long time until today."Did we order something". Asked by a local business owner.

T

toonertoo

Pouring rain, lightening and thunder, high winds... and after I knock, she looks at me and continues mindlessly cleaning her counter, I thought I was watching a soap as I went back to my truck and drove away. I guess she thought I would wait, for however long it took her to finish her mindless chore. Not. Oh yeah, she told me to wait a minute. And I told her I wouldnt wait, standing there getting drenched. I expected she would drop her rag, and come sign. Wasnt like she was changing the tube on her oxygen or had a child she was tending to, just plain rude, and arrogant.

H

home4lunch

I delivered a microwave oven to a lady in a retirement condo that her son shipped to her. After signing she told me,"My son said you would set it up for me." What a stupid thing for someone to say, I thought. But then, "He told me to give you this...", and she slipped me a ten dollar bill.
Ummm, where do you want it?

F

fredly00

hehe, we had rain today too...

someone said "why aren't you running"
I said, "we're not allowed to run"

Then I go inside a business, and they say:
"is it raining" (wet drops on my clothing should give this away)
But I say, "Its just a little bit Humid"

D

downtowner

Uhhhh.... I'm not sure if I can sign. I'll go ask. Or, I'm not sure if I can sign let me call the store owner, she just left. Craaaaaap!

Thats not what they told me the COD would be. (that is what I have to collect Sir/Mam) Oh I know , but just let me call them.

No ablais Englais, Ablais Espanol?

I don't have the money for the cod, but I'll run to the bank real quick, and hit the 7-11 for the money order on the way back if you could please wait here for me.

(Message edited by downtowner on June 28, 2005)

D

dammor

True stories..

Blind guy wants to know if I will drive him to the bank to get a cashiers check for the COD.

Picture this, cows running loose on a FM road.
An old woman in a pickup is trying to corral them. I stop because I have to and stupidly ask if I can help. The answer is sure, hop in. Not the answer I was expecting. Lesson learned is don't ask if you can help if you know nothing about cows.

The last time someone asked me what was in the box I told them I wasn't sure because I hadn't had time to open that one yet.

At least we aren't bored..........

G

gman

Note on Door;
"I'll be home at 6 p.m."

My reply on the delivery notice "So will I"

Got a national complaint and almost got time off. Won't do that again.

Actually it was a COD and after that comment I wrote can a neighbor take it tommorrow but some people just can't take a joke! Someone at UPS told them we would deliver until 7:30. While thats often true, we don't schedule appointments.

F

fredly00

hehe, someone asked yesterday, "ooh what'd we get"
I went and briefly looked at the box, while they signed..and then said:
"a box"

They thought it was funny.. me too.

T

toonertoo

Signature pkg, note on door
Ill be home after 6, or leave it with Dee and Pat, the neighbors.
I had no clue which neighbor that would be,....... duh.

Call tags at another address, NI1, concern says I didnt check mark a time.....Well leave the packages on the porch and Ill leave receipt, now is that so hard?????

COD's at a fashion store owned my mideastern men
"please leave all packages so we can check them in, and come back for check after 4pm" And then I have to write the check for them I explain I cannot leave the pkg with a cod amount, so he wants my bosses phone number, as I am hurting them "they" have a business to run. I said yeah, so do I and they dont pay me to wait, they pay me to deliver. Then I get accused of not trusting them, I must be prejudice. I say no Bud, I wouldnt do that for my own mother. Cya

M

mysporhispoor

How about all the comedians out there that say " hey did you hear that Fedex and UPS were merging, it's gonna be called FedUps. Haha NOT. I don't even give a courtesy laugh to that one anymore. Actually had a guy tell me that joke twice in one week. He looked at me like I had never heard it before. What a dork

S

switchoff

I've had people ask me if I could wait for them to empty the contents of the box and then throw it out for them. Do I look like I moonlight as a garbage man in between stops??

Y

yeldarb

I had a lady stop me today as I was leaving her house from a DR, and I was thinking she was going to tell me that the person didnt live there anymore, instead, she asked if I needed a signature.....
Yea mam, thats why I am leaving before you came to the door.

M

mojobuc

"uhhh, what?"

my 18 year old nephew when I asked him what he plans on doing now that he is out of high school.

Hope I "talked" him into going to the service,
but also mentioned UPS.

Seriously.

Hope he opts for the service, learn a work ethic, and have them pay for college.

S

spinelli

Got to love being a swing driver hearing where is the regular guy all week. Told woman "I killed him" with a deadpan face. She believed me looked like she thought she was next!! Laughed for a looong time.

tapatio75

even though they know that I'm inside the building all day, that there's no way for me to look out the windows and find out how's the weather

"is it still raining?"
"is it too cold?"
"how's the weather out there"?

dude, I've been here all day, I have no idea :biting: