Subservient

Irishman Collins

It is past time that the current administration and its minions realize that the main job or duty they have, is to be Subservient to its members.
This culture of elitism and dictatorship must come to a stop. Our Union officials are not our bosses, we are theirs.
They are duty bound and Sworn to stand with their members and protect their interest, no matter if it matches their political agendas.
Between the last Collective Bargaining Agreement and this one, they have managed to get members talking about right to work, decertification, NLRB charges, corruption charges, etc., instead of talking about the strength and power of our Union.
Our Union is dying a slow death due to corruption, elitism and selling out its members.
Reasonable minded, Subservient, elected officials would never consider the 2/3rds language if their true agenda was to protect and serve. The rule can be amended at any time but they choose not to because it doesn't match their corrupt agenda.

Respectively yours,
Irish!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've been saying this since I joined UPS 17 years ago, the best thing that could happen would be decertification. Nothing has changeed.
-embarrassed to be a UPS'er, ashamed to be a Teamster.

;p

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It is past time that the current administration and its minions realize that the main job or duty they have, is to be Subservient to its members.
This culture of elitism and dictatorship must come to a stop. Our Union officials are not our bosses, we are theirs.
They are duty bound and Sworn to stand with their members and protect their interest, no matter if it matches their political agendas.
Between the last Collective Bargaining Agreement and this one, they have managed to get members talking about right to work, decertification, NLRB charges, corruption charges, etc., instead of talking about the strength and power of our Union.
Our Union is dying a slow death due to corruption, elitism and selling out its members.
Reasonable minded, Subservient, elected officials would never consider the 2/3rds language if their true agenda was to protect and serve. The rule can be amended at any time but they choose not to because it doesn't match their corrupt agenda.

Respectively yours,
Irish!

Can’t wait to see the @BigUnionGuy spin on this

Scabs scabs scabs,,, love how all the union brothers are showing their true colors
Union showed me their true colors for over a decade. They had forced dues gravy train. Then RTW came and at least freed me from paying the people that supposedly were my protection. I never imagined I’d ever feel that way.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Union showed me their true colors for over a decade. They had forced dues gravy train. Then RTW came and at least freed me from paying the people that supposedly were my protection. I never imagined I’d ever feel that way.
Yeah, opt out of the union man, you will show them, things didn’t go your way so it’s the easiest thing to do right? Yeah you’re gonna make a difference

Yeah, opt out of the union man, you will show them, things didn’t go your way so it’s the easiest thing to do right? Yeah you’re gonna make a difference
You just don’t have a clue about my situation. I opted out after the union conspired with the company to fire me, which they were successful.
Was it easy after that? No. But I spent a decade complaining about lack of representation, to which I can only assume, further contributed to my “representation” and getting blown off each step I took, at the local and DC.
Leaving the union is the LAST thing I WANTED to do! I was PROUD to be a member. If you get ignored and/or retaliated against for voicing legitimate concerns, that’s concerning in itself. But to actually HELP discharge someone SOLELY because you don’t LIKE me? I’m sure ANYONE would leave after that. I not trying to “show anyone” anything. I’m just making sure I can sleep at night because I have pride and self respect. That being said, it’s still sad the union has turned into what it has

AGKLM

They got a lot of members talking, but so many of those members are so misinformed. Too many members get bad information from places like this forum or facebook. Many never bother to attend an actual Union meeting.

The 2/3 rule was added to the Constitution sometime in the 1940s to 1950s. Do you think it’s a good idea to go on strike with less than 2/3 of the members support ?

If anything our Union is dying a slow death due to things like RTW.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Scabs scabs scabs,,, love how all the union brothers are showing their true colors
A whole lot of people sacrificed in the early 20th century so we could at least retire with a decent pension and (at least in the Western Conference) with good medical benefits.

It's a really hard & stressful job mainly made so by stressed out hate filled managers who cannot or will not conduct themselves as human beings.

The union is a good buffer between them & us. UPS would pay us minimum wage with no benefits or pension if they could get away with it. Just look at Fed-Ex ground, On-trac & Amazon delivery services.

Perhaps the best part of being a Teamster is being able to stand up to management harassment and intimidation without being fired. You work hard here but you can stand up like a human being.

A whole lot of people sacrificed in the early 20th century so we could at least retire with a decent pension and (at least in the Western Conference) with good medical benefits.

It's a really hard & stressful job mainly made so by stressed out hate filled managers who cannot or will not conduct themselves as human beings.

The union is a good buffer between them & us. UPS would pay us minimum wage with no benefits or pension if they could get away with it. Just look at Fed-Ex ground, On-trac & Amazon delivery services.

Perhaps the best part of being a Teamster is being able to stand up to management harassment and intimidation without being fired. You work hard here but you can stand up like a human being.
I agree 100%. The union would drop my harassment grievances behind my back without telling me. The only grievance I can think of I won, I did all the talking, refused company offer and left. Got a check in mail next day. Apparently after I left my BA spoke up and said they’d be better off to pay me, save them both more money advancing a lost cause. Sure would have been nice to hear him speak on my behalf in meeting.
All the rest, it didn’t matter which side of table I sat at. BA and steward were mute, unless they were backing the company.
If they provide the buffer you speak of, I’d proudly pay dues. I’m glad you get representation that allows you to feel that way

Time for change

Yea you’re a scab if you stop paying to a corrupt organization that imposed another contract and that can’t even get you pay rates that non union shops are getting and then give show up to work bonuses to some, but not all. Some union we have.

F

Frankie's Friend

They got a lot of members talking, but so many of those members are so misinformed. Too many members get bad information from places like this forum or facebook. Many never bother to attend an actual Union meeting.

The 2/3 rule was added to the Constitution sometime in the 1940s to 1950s.
I thought it was 1987.
Anyway,
RTW can't kill a union operating in a hostile work environment. Corruption, collusion with the company, and nonsupport of the membership rots the backbone of members involvement quicker than anything imo.
I've seen it first hand.
The rats run free in the dark. Turn the lights on and get a big club.