Success Tales of Employees Seeking Greener Pastures.

Whither

Scofflaw
85 at 1600 hrs is nuts. But I get it. If you're going to break your arse, break it for good pay and benefits. So like anything else, this position isn't advertised for. You come in seasonal and maybe get bumped to a 22.4, start as handler, or lucky street hire?

Pretty much yes on all counts. As another person mentioned above, it's prolly easier than ever to get in off-the-street. Of course, still depends on whether or not the building is desperate for drivers. I applied for a seasonal position but managed to get reclassified and sneak in as RPCD a month before my building started hiring 22.4s. 99 percent sure the contract forbids off-street RPCD hires once a building has 22.4s.

And ofc, gotta pass driving school (mine was local and easy, but per rumor some Integrad locations have a zero tolerance policy about petty appearance standards, e.g., your boots have to shine just so, pants have to be hemmed to the liking of your instructors haha) and 30 day probation (not so easy) before qualifying as permanent FT.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know there is life after FedEx Express. I was a swing courier/DOT for over 2 years. Prior to that, I was a package handler and then became a material handler at a ramp location. I quit at the end of October 2019. I found another job making alittle less per hour but much less stress and much less wear and tear on my body, plus it’s a union position with better benefits.

I never intended to leave Fedex Express. I always thought this was going to be my career, my last job but boy was I wrong. I had a lot of family issues show up in a short period of time. My mother in law was diagnosed ovarian cancer in December of 2017. My wife’s grandmother (my mother in laws mother) passed away in March of 2018. Then in May of 2018 my wife’s latest mammogram came back with something abnormal. My manager at this point could have not been any better to me considering the possible situation my family and I were about to face. In September of 2018 after much trial and tribulations my wife was diagnosed with lymphoma. When this occurred I told my boss (new one at this point) what was happened and I was told to apply for FMLA. I got it approved fairly quickly after a small fight. Then one day I was pulled into my operations manager’s office and she and my senior manager were sitting there and they started asking questions which I answered. After this I was asked by my senior manager (after my FMLA was approved) to see if a friend could take my wife to her treatments, I responded no I really don’t have any friends and he (senior manager) responded with well that’s really sad. The reason he did this was she was looking at getting treatment in December during peak and he didn’t want to be short a swing courier. Mean-less to say that soured me on Fedex Express as a whole. Shortly after this happened my father in law passed away in December 2018 unexpectedly. My mother in law passed away from her cancer in December of 2019. All while this was happened I was still working and helping my wife with her treatments as well. I kept searching for another job but still needed the insurance and had FMLA protection. I eventually found another job but still felt I should try and stay at FedEx Express. I let my ops manager know that I had found other employment and had heard from several other couriers that management thought I was leaving for Amazon (I wasn’t and wouldn’t have, I’m not that stupid) and I nipped that’s rumor direct with my ops manager right away. I did attempt to stay at FedEx Express and take on a part time PM pick up route. I wasn’t able to do this because I had active discipline and was told I would not and could not be moved. I fought it with my ops manager, senior manager, hr and managing director to no avail. One of the reasons I believe this also happened was after a SFA meeting to find out why we all scored management so low, senior manager asked if we felt management respected employees. No one spoke up so I did and later figured out what I said probably helped make my grave at FedEx Express. I said to the senior manager that yes I did after you asked me to have a friend take my wife for her cancer treatments. He tried to apologize and back track but damage was done on both ends.

I am sorry if this seems like a rant and it sorta is but I just want to give hope to others out there that there is hope after Fedex and there is greener grass on the other side. Just be patient and take your time searching. If you have any comments or questions about me or anything let me know. Thanks

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know there is life after FedEx Express. I was a swing courier/DOT for over 2 years. Prior to that, I was a package handler and then became a material handler at a ramp location. I quit at the end of October 2019. I found another job making alittle less per hour but much less stress and much less wear and tear on my body, plus it’s a union position with better benefits.

I never intended to leave Fedex Express. I always thought this was going to be my career, my last job but boy was I wrong. I had a lot of family issues show up in a short period of time. My mother in law was diagnosed ovarian cancer in December of 2017. My wife’s grandmother (my mother in laws mother) passed away in March of 2018. Then in May of 2018 my wife’s latest mammogram came back with something abnormal. My manager at this point could have not been any better to me considering the possible situation my family and I were about to face. In September of 2018 after much trial and tribulations my wife was diagnosed with lymphoma. When this occurred I told my boss (new one at this point) what was happened and I was told to apply for FMLA. I got it approved fairly quickly after a small fight. Then one day I was pulled into my operations manager’s office and she and my senior manager were sitting there and they started asking questions which I answered. After this I was asked by my senior manager (after my FMLA was approved) to see if a friend could take my wife to her treatments, I responded no I really don’t have any friends and he (senior manager) responded with well that’s really sad. The reason he did this was she was looking at getting treatment in December during peak and he didn’t want to be short a swing courier. Mean-less to say that soured me on Fedex Express as a whole. Shortly after this happened my father in law passed away in December 2018 unexpectedly. My mother in law passed away from her cancer in December of 2019. All while this was happened I was still working and helping my wife with her treatments as well. I kept searching for another job but still needed the insurance and had FMLA protection. I eventually found another job but still felt I should try and stay at FedEx Express. I let my ops manager know that I had found other employment and had heard from several other couriers that management thought I was leaving for Amazon (I wasn’t and wouldn’t have, I’m not that stupid) and I nipped that’s rumor direct with my ops manager right away. I did attempt to stay at FedEx Express and take on a part time PM pick up route. I wasn’t able to do this because I had active discipline and was told I would not and could not be moved. I fought it with my ops manager, senior manager, hr and managing director to no avail. One of the reasons I believe this also happened was after a SFA meeting to find out why we all scored management so low, senior manager asked if we felt management respected employees. No one spoke up so I did and later figured out what I said probably helped make my grave at FedEx Express. I said to the senior manager that yes I did after you asked me to have a friend take my wife for her cancer treatments. He tried to apologize and back track but damage was done on both ends.

I am sorry if this seems like a rant and it sorta is but I just want to give hope to others out there that there is hope after Fedex and there is greener grass on the other side. Just be patient and take your time searching. If you have any comments or questions about me or anything let me know. Thanks
Congratulations on your new job. I hope you are happy there and everything is good. Also, I hope your wife is doing well.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hi Guys,

Not a rant. Sorry for all of your losses and your wife's health issues. That's a lot to deal with. Fortunately, you are out of FedEx, the best thing that could ever happen to you.

You also got to see the "People Process" in action. Everything is A-OK, as long as you're not sand in the FedEx gears. As soon as you get hurt, or you need to help out your family, you get to see how Fred really "cares".

Not a rant. Sorry for all of your losses and your wife's health issues. That's a lot to deal with. Fortunately, you are out of FedEx, the best thing that could ever happen to you.

You also got to see the "People Process" in action. Everything is A-OK, as long as you're not sand in the FedEx gears. As soon as you get hurt, or you need to help out your family, you get to see how Fred really "cares".

I couldn’t have agreed more