Success Tales of Employees Seeking Greener Pastures.

vantexan

Trouble with cluckers is that they immediately go into attack mode on every new social program that comes along.......then run downtown and sign up for it. We saw it with Social Security, Medicare,school lunch programs and on and on.
And just where did we run to for Social Security? It was the law of the land before I was born and has been part of my entire working life. You guys on the other hand today aren't talking about programs that are separate and pay for themselves through payroll taxes. You are talking about massive new spending beyond anything seen before that will turn all of us into employees of the government with how much we'll have to pay. Won't happen, at least while Trump is in office.

vantexan

The nation's largest public bus system rolled out its first all-electric articulated bus Sunday under a plan to convert New York City's transit agency to a zero-emissions fleet by 2040. The new vehicle was deployed on one of Manhattan's busiest crosstown routes, the 14th Street bus route, 40 mins ago.
And by what is the electricity generated?

bacha29

I was the guy who told you the hospital told me that self payers automatically get a discount. Just reported what I was told, no bragging involved. But didn't have to pay it because was luckily covered by my employee insurance which I also reported. You only know about it because I told you about it. No selective memory involved.
And what would the outcome have been if others did not stroke a check every month to dutifully purchase heath insurance of if no employer offered it or in Fat Freddy's case slowly dismantle the one he had been offering?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The one negative from the tax cuts was the elimination of the penalty for not having healthcare coverage. You still are "required" to have it but there is no penalty if you don't.

bacha29

And by what is the electricity generated?
The movement away from fossil fuels is gaining momentum. More than 500 coal fired power plants in the US have been shut down over the past 10 years Not just because they're dirty but because they cost too much too operate primarily due to the fact that they need a battalion size group people to run them.

vantexan

The movement away from fossil fuels is gaining momentum. More than 500 coal fired power plants in the US have been shut down over the past 10 years Not just because they're dirty but because they cost too much too operate primarily due to the fact that they need a battalion size group people to run them.
Going to dump natural gas too?

vantexan

And what would the outcome have been if others did not stroke a check every month to dutifully purchase heath insurance of if no employer offered it or in Fat Freddy's case slowly dismantle the one he had been offering?
The problem with your point is most people do get healthcare through work. No reason to "what if" it over and over.

bacha29

The one negative from the tax cuts was the elimination of the penalty for not having healthcare coverage. You still are "required" to have it but there is no penalty if you don't.
Yes, and at the same time when you're at the hospital or the clinic and you sign that authorization to treat you are 100% fully liable for every cent of the cost of treatment and what is one of the major cost factors hospitals have to deal with?.......Uncompensated care which is a nice way of saying too many people were stiffing them with unpaid bills.

bacha29

The problem with your point is most people do get healthcare through work. No reason to "what if" it over and over.
Go check out how many contractor employed drivers are covered under an employer funded healthcare plan. You would be shocked by how few are.

bacha29

When it's near running out or is no longer economically viable is when we will see real change.
And from the power generation standpoint we already are. Granted natural gas is the bridge fuel because it is cleaner and much cheaper. At the same time the money is going into alternatives and money is the driver of just about every new game changing economic initiative.
In fact industry executives are telling you VT that there are no license applications for in the works for any new coal fired plants.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You get it. UPS is way easier to get into than previously. In some areas, you can even go straight into feeders off the street. Unheard of just a few years ago.

I worked PT in real estate for years, building a clientele, and also fixed-up houses. Not for everyone, but it can pay off nicely after a few years of no weekends, not much of a social life, and very little sleep.

A side hustle that works into something FT is a good deal for some, maybe not for others. I left FDX a few years ago now, and life is good.

IMO, the biggest part is getting off your butt and deciding to make a change. When my buddies were watching the NFL and drinking beer, I was painting and doing drywall, or hauling debris to the dump.

At some point, you need to commit to getting out of FedEx and into a better career.

Ah, that "real estate" job of yours ;) The one you revealed only shortly before you supposedly left your supposed job as a courier! Nice to know that while you worked your supposed FedEx job AND your supposed real estate job that kept you from taking any weekends off AND kept you from having much of a social life AND kept you from getting much sleep because you were painting AND doing drywall AND hauling debris to the dump (while your buddies were watching NFL and drinking)...

...you STILL had time to become one of the most prolific posters on this board, posting at all hours of the day and all hours of the night!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Trouble with cluckers is that they immediately go into attack mode on every new social program that comes along.......then run downtown and sign up for it. We saw it with Social Security, Medicare,school lunch programs and on and on.

Social Security and Medicare? Those are benefits that you pay for during your working years and use once you get old. You act as if getting what you paid for is a bad thing. There is no end to the number of topics you can't help but display ignorance about.