Suckers or lollipops?

What do you call them?

• Total voters

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
2B99C0FA-EC05-4743-93C8-8D0AD206A3B0.jpeg

I called these things suckers the other day to my daughter. She laughed and said, “No one calls them suckers anymore”. So, because I’m on vacation and playing on my iPad, I looked them up. They’ve been called lollipops since the 1700’s but Americans generally called them suckers during the 1900’s because of the invention of the all-day suckers. Or, maybe it’s a regional thing. Yes, I know it’s stupid, but aren’t y’all ready for something other than a contract thread? Lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
View attachment 199635

I called these things suckers the other day to my daughter. She laughed and said, “No one calls them suckers anymore”. So, because I’m on vacation and playing on my iPad, I looked them up. They’ve been called lollipops since the 1700’s but Americans generally called them suckers during the 1900’s because of the invention of the all-day suckers. Or, maybe it’s a regional thing. Yes, I know it’s stupid, but aren’t y’all ready for something other than a contract thread? Lol.

I thought lollipop was the antiquated term.

Brisket

Oops, guess I better get with it then, lol... Even the banks and Dr’s offices offer them up after a delivery, and they say sucker.