Summer seasonal.....PVDs?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
My bet: even with everyone vaccinated, they will be utilizing zero driver helpers.
After all, having younger folks observe and copy the behavior old the older folks is so last century. We have Orion now. And cradles.

There were a fair amount of helpers working in 2020 despite the situation. I had a kid I already knew come be my helper

iowa boy

Nope may is what we were told too.

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought summer seasonal didn’t start until after Memorial Day.
Used to be, but who knows now.

I guess they are going through the applications for our new batch of seasonal drivers, (non-PVD), now also.

I can see PVD's being used from May 1 on, and non-PVD seasonal's after Memorial Day as PVD's are not specifically addressed in the contract as far as I know.

542thruNthru

Let me preface this by saying I think the summer seasonal period is joke any way and should never have been allowed.

Now I’m hearing the plan this summer is to hire PVD drivers. What in the hell is the union doing? Allowing scabs to deliver 6 months out of the year?
I never understood this. We have no such thing as a summer seasonal period where I am. Is this in the central region agreement?

PT Car Washer

I never understood this. We have no such thing as a summer seasonal period where I am. Is this in the central region agreement?
The Central Region Supplement does have an agreement for Summer seasonal but in my experience they are very seldom filled because most of the qualified people will hold out for a permanent FT delivery job. The last few years all new hire delivery jobs have been permanent FT jobs and we still can not fill all of the positions.

542thruNthru

The Central Region Supplement does have an agreement for Summer seasonal but in my experience they are very seldom filled because most of the qualified people will hold out for a permanent FT delivery job. The last few years all new hire delivery jobs have been permanent FT jobs and we still can not fill all of the positions.
Where is that language in the contract?

ManInBrown

That’s what happens when you give the company an inch. They take 100 miles and just pay the grievances. You give them an in on anything, and they’re breaking the door down.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That I don’t know but if they work one day after it’s over they gain seniority.

Sup admitted to another driver they can’t exhaust all options without putting them on the road come sept and they’d all get seniority. I assume this is part of the reason they decided to use PVD.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Guys tried to hold off last year and the center manager said he would hire every summer seasonal off the street. No one would call his bluff. They had 1 off the street application. Dude was about 400 lbs.