Sunday December 20

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You have to take either Saturday or Sunday off to reset for the following week.
Yeah but working Saturday wouldn't matter if you took Sunday off.

I think I misread it I thought he meant working sat somehow would affect it but working Sunday wouldn't.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If the company is worried about drivers running out of hours it makes more sense to work Sunday than Saturday going into the final week.

If they force you to work Next Sunday (December 20th) what will you do?
1 Work it and take a code 5.
2 Work it and demand 8+ hours
3 Call in.
4 No call, no show.
5 Try to volunteer for Saturday so they can't force me (34 hr rule)

Pay will vary by supplement...straight time, time and a half, double time.
Ability to demand 8 will vary by supplement
friend* that I have the union meeting next Sunday. I'll be there. I'll also be down at the hall on Saturday FYI.

SCV good to go sir.

I found out today that my hub is going to have all the centers operating on the 19th. They did the same thing last year but had a very small number of drivers not drive on Saturday so that they could drive on Sunday.

I have no problem working Sunday or Saturday, money means everything to me.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Money doesn't grow on trees
And strippers don't dance for free

Hellobrown2000

In my building sunday is a work day. Part timers get straight time and drivers get double time. Needless to say at least 10 people I know aren't coming in. They also have been having us come in at 1030pm and 11pm for two weeks just to take a 45 minute break 2 hours later because we're waiting on work. Our union is a joke

turbostixxx

Brown Santa
You're called into work, how can they say be off by 7 when you're guaranteed 8?
If forced, you can request your 8 and will get it, most of us take our 6.5-7 with no mandatory break put in the diad and go home so we can spend Sunday evening with our families. Sometimes it isn't worth the extra hour.

moldsporh

In 31 years package drivers have never ever had to work on a Sunday, but in the event they do try to make us work I'll call in drunk
Amen to that.

Poor planning on their part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part. They had 340 days to plan for enough help, xmas happens on the 25th of December each year, it's no surprise that we will be busy.

Quit starting preloaders late and cramming boxes down their throats. Start early and get the trucks loaded neatly, give the business to the seasonal drivers and take your resis...drivers doing all their business and pups is idiotic unless absolutely necessary.

Regular drivers know the addresses and number breaks blindfolded, getting dark won't slow us down.

No, we have our business, pups, meet points for dumping off pups. ...insane waste of time.

Oh, and we have to stay within Orion trace.

And deliver our first stop first.

My Sunday is my family day....not going to work, sorry.

porkwagon

Just suck it up and work. Yeah it sucks, yes I'd rather relax and watch philly secure the division, but its our job.
I very rarely call out, but I won't have to. I doubt they will even ask me to come in. I'm 6 or 7 on the seniority list of about 90 drivers. I have not worked on Sunday in over 28 years and have no plans to start next week.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If they force you to work Next Sunday (December 20th) what will you do?
1 Work it and take a code 5.
2 Work it and demand 8+ hours
3 Call in.
4 No call, no show.
5 Try to volunteer for Saturday so they can't force me (34 hr rule)

Pay will vary by supplement...straight time, time and a half, double time.
Ability to demand 8 will vary by supplement
I wont be able to work on Saturday because I will be out of hours.
I will sign up to work on Sunday and get as many hours as I possibly can. If I get 10 on Sunday, and work 14's on Monday thru Wednesday, I will only have 8 hours left on Christmas Eve.

porkwagon

I wont be able to work on Saturday because I will be out of hours.
I will sign up to work on Sunday and get as many hours as I possibly can. If I get 10 on Sunday, and work 14's on Monday thru Wednesday, I will only have 8 hours left on Christmas Eve.
I'm sure management will limit the Sunday hours to 6 or 7 but no way over 8.

Chnandler Bong

Our washing machine decided to finally die yesterday and our dryer has been showing signs of imminent death for months. After replacing both (on top of all the XMas spending)...I'll be more than happy to work 12 hours of OT (or double time) on Sunday to start replenishing the savings account! Call it my very own twisted XMas blessing?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm sure management will limit the Sunday hours to 6 or 7 but no way over 8.
During the 2013 debacle, I worked 13 hours on Sunday the 22nd. It was a bizarre feeling to bring 200 missed stops back to the building at 8:00 on a Sunday night.