Sunday December 20

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
... Our union is a joke

BBBQJX.gif

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I could see us working Sunday,December 20th. Friday is Christmas so HOS would not be an issue.

Which leads to a question;If I worked Sunday,the 20th and worked Saturday the 26th,would Saturday be double time or would it be considered 6th punch and paid at time and a half?

By The Book

I could see us working Sunday,December 20th. Friday is Christmas so HOS would not be an issue.

Which leads to a question;If I worked Sunday,the 20th and worked Saturday the 26th,would Saturday be double time or would it be considered 6th punch and paid at time and a half?
Depends on your supplement, however I haven't heard anyone being paid double time on a Saturday. Should be time and a half.

werenotthepostoffice

Depends on your supplement, however I haven't heard anyone being paid double time on a Saturday. Should be time and a half.[/QUOTe

"Any employee who works on the sixth (6th) report shall be paid time and one-half (1-1/2) the straight time hourly rate for all work performed on that day. Any employee who works on the seventh (7th) report shall be paid double (2) the straight time hourly rate for all work performed on that day." UPS/IBT Southern Supplement Article 58;Section 1

werenotthepostoffice

Depends on your supplement, however I haven't heard anyone being paid double time on a Saturday. Should be time and a half.
Sunday is the first day of the pay period and Saturday is the seventh. My question is;will they count a holiday as a punch? The southern supplement guarantees seventh punch is double time.

Chnandler Bong

So is the possibility of working on the 20th being done on an as-needed basis by center, or would it be nationwide? Personally, I think we should do it to show our customers that we are truly committed to making every effort possible to ensure their packages arrive on time. Sure, it would be costly...but good PR is better than bad! (And, yes...I understand that customers shouldn't wait until the last second to place orders, but that's not going to change).