sup bought us pizza yesterday.

If you think more of UPS because they give you a burnt hot dog and a raw burger, then, dude, we're in big trouble...
Yeah I know you guys at UPS work hard for your money...never a doubt. I've worked beside you as a fedex courier. For a look at how bad it can get look at YOUTUBE Videos "Fred S'S FEDEX PLANTATION" & "Fred S'S FEDEX PLANTATION RACISM2013". Black applicants for a job at Fedex have to pass a "Smell Test" before the interview ...not kidding, it's in the second video. Remember that Fedex will NOT allow a Union... so their workers have NO RIGHTS... and EVERYTHING in their handbook can be changed in a second without notice... Good Luck Guys.

J

jibbs

If you think more of UPS because they give you a burnt hot dog and a raw burger, then, dude, we're in big trouble...

I couldn't care less about hot dogs and burgers at 8am. You hand me one of those amazing blueberry muffins with the sugar glaze/crust on top, though, and I'll follow you to hell and back.

They need to give me beer and strippers to buy my vote...LOL

I think I'd be a UPSer for life if the security guard threw me an ice cold tall boy as I went through the metal detector at the end of every shift...

balland chain

I never fell for the hot dog and hamburger bull******. Ya know ,even those on death row get a last meal....... two if you smile big....WAKE UP GUYS or the rug is gonna get pulled out from under us.

J

jibbs

I never fell for the hot dog and hamburger bull******. Ya know ,even those on death row get a last meal....... two if you smile big....WAKE UP GUYS or the rug is gonna get pulled out from under us.

Yeah but I think they get price capped on their last meal too. In Oklahoma, for example, they can't request anything that'll cost the prison $15 or more.

themoreyouknow.jpeg

InsideUPS

for a while there we weren't getting anything, recently they started getting us chips and water for going injury free for a week, then they gave us little caesers pizza for no injuries in a month. yesterday they sprang some bucks and gave us some actually good pizza from a local place for improving mis-sorts. is it just my hub or is ups hooking it up again? they were cheapskates for the last few years, wonder if they are buttering us up somehow for the contract talks?

recently i saw the drivers eating chicken dinners supplied by the full time sups, winner winner chicken dinner!!!

do u think they will bring back the turkeys at christmas and gifts for milestones of service?

come on ups you guys made billions last year, keep the freebies coming lol!!!!

GOP-Budget-Plan-Trojan-Horse.jpg

trojanhorse3.jpg

GOP-Budget-Plan-Trojan-Horse.jpg
trojanhorse3.jpg

balland chain

I think since they already pulled the Turkeys and the safe driving awards, they will never be back... We have been on the loosing end every time the contract is up, i.e. christmas bonus years ago. I quite frankly do not trust any member of management, low or high level. They can take there buffet of broken promises, mash it up and make a horrible 5 buck pizza, either way, it taste like crap, looks like crap, it is crap....

quamba 638

We had our first safety "BBQ" in we'll over a year. Years ago it was two burgers, chips and a soda. Last Friday it was one hotdog and a water. Haha. They said if we go another 3 months we would get the pop and chips. Now I have something to look forward to.

I wonder aloud: how many work injuries are going to be reported if we end up paying for our insurance vs now? I went to the see the doctor because of my back a few years ago, really bad bad spasms that were work related, but I never filed it as a work comp injury. I just figured I had free insurance.

Moneythehardway

Always show gratitude guys. Regardless of the motive, we still have a mind of our own when the contract rolls around. But why bad mouth a good deed? Geez, and you wonder why they don't/won't do much for us

J

jibbs

Always show gratitude guys. Regardless of the motive, we still have a mind of our own when the contract rolls around. But why bad mouth a good deed? Geez, and you wonder why they don't/won't do much for us

How is saying "No, thank you," bad mouthing anything? I only get heated when I feel pressured to accept something that I clearly don't want.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would agree, if the motives were more than subconscious psychological warfare. That's the problem with "gifts" or "handouts". They have nothing to do with anything but manipulation into getting more out of their people. It has nothing to do with good deeds. It has to do with corporate America (in particular) mastering psychological trickery.

For example, take a look in pretty much any restroom inside any facility. Why is it our restrooms left damaged and disgusting, if a company cares so much for the health and well-being of it's people?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had our first safety "BBQ" in we'll over a year. Years ago it was two burgers, chips and a soda. Last Friday it was one hotdog and a water. Haha. They said if we go another 3 months we would get the pop and chips. Now I have something to look forward to.

I wonder aloud: how many work injuries are going to be reported if we end up paying for our insurance vs now? I went to the see the doctor because of my back a few years ago, really bad bad spasms that were work related, but I never filed it as a work comp injury. I just figured I had free insurance.

If the injury was work related you should have used comp. There is no out of pocket with comp.

curiousbrain

I would agree, if the motives were more than subconscious psychological warfare. That's the problem with "gifts" or "handouts". They have nothing to do with anything but manipulation into getting more out of their people. It has nothing to do with good deeds. It has to do with corporate America (in particular) mastering psychological trickery.

For example, take a look in pretty much any restroom inside any facility. Why is it our restrooms left damaged and disgusting, if a company cares so much for the health and well-being of it's people?

In spirit, I totally agree, and when I'm having a beer with my managers or other muckety-mucks, that's what I tell them: don't buy donuts or whatever anymore, and instead, maybe leave an extra route in, or work an extra guy on preload so that maybe the flow/mix is better for the whole building.

My brain, on the other hand, is pretty sure it knows the truth: "safety food" is just one card in a deck full of BS.

InsideUPS

In spirit, I totally agree, and when I'm having a beer with my managers or other muckety-mucks, that's what I tell them: don't buy donuts or whatever anymore, and instead, maybe leave an extra route in, or work an extra guy on preload so that maybe the flow/mix is better for the whole building.

My brain, on the other hand, is pretty sure it knows the truth: "safety food" is just one card in a deck full of BS.

Brownbaggin....... would you be willing to participate in a UPS Supervisor Cloning Project?

We sure need more like yourself... I nominate you for the position of UPS CEO....starting NOW... If only our upper management would understand how much difference could be made by just a few extra people here and there...

human_cloning.jpg
human_cloning.jpg

curiousbrain

Brownbaggin....... would you be willing to participate in a UPS Supervisor Cloning Project?

We sure need more like yourself... I nominate you for the position of UPS CEO....starting NOW... If only our upper management would understand how much difference could be made by just a few extra people here and there...

Thanks.

They offered me a full-time gig, and I said no.

kingOFchester

If the injury was work related you should have used comp. There is no out of pocket with comp.
Duh, but the fact of the matter is, I know a good bit of drivers that have legit work injuries that decided to not go thru work comp for whatever reason. I hear most often " I don't want a target on my back, and my insurance will pay anyway, not worth the aggravation".

If we have to pay more for health services, I certainly see more teamsters using workers comp.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Duh, but the fact of the matter is, I know a good bit of drivers that have legit work injuries that decided to not go thru work comp for whatever reason. I hear most often " I don't want a target on my back, and my insurance will pay anyway, not worth the aggravation".

If we have to pay more for health services, I certainly see more teamsters using workers comp.

When I first went to the doctor concerning the issues with my elbows I used our health insurance. The BA caught wind of that and "suggested" that I use comp instead. Comp not only paid me and my bills but they also repayed the health insurance for their expenditures to date.

I had not thought about the effect asking us to pay for our insurance would/could have on our comp system.