Sup not giving feedback

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been told by multiple people, from HR to the big boss, that I’m doing a great job. I just wanna know how to make the best impact so that I can come back

Show up on time ready to work, treat your customers and co-workers with respect and offer to help out after you are done delivering by sweeping bulk pickup stops.

UPS is not known for their positive feedback; however, they do seem to have a surplus of the negative variety.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How much does missing scans affect everything?

A lot.

When you are at a bulk stop, take 5-10 packages at a time, line them up on the loading dock and scan them left to right. Keep a mental count. Repeat this until you have scanned them all. Verify your mental count with the package count in the upper right hand corner of the DIAD. They should match; if they don't, you will need to rescan until you find the missing package(s).

CoolStoryBro

I have been asking my sup for the last couple of weeks for feedback on my performance and how I can improve.

Cool story, bro.

management is not allowed to say anything positive to you about your performance. If you make your manage look bad on paper then you will hear about it in an extremely rude and unhelpful manner.

Your job is to figure everything out on your own.

If you desire a permanent position at UPS then try to go all peak without speaking to anyone in management.

tadpole

They’ll like you more if you finish early and ask for more work. Help them put out fires every day and they won’t want to let you go.

Don’t get injured or get into an accident, though.

pkgdriver

A lot.

When you are at a bulk stop, take 5-10 packages at a time, line them up on the loading dock and scan them left to right. Keep a mental count. Repeat this until you have scanned them all. Verify your mental count with the package count in the upper right hand corner of the DIAD. They should match; if they don't, you will need to rescan until you find the missing package(s).

I think my pkg count in the upper right hand corner usually says zero when I have scanned all the pkgs. How would that correlate with my mental count. Am I missing something? Which DIAD software version are you using.....Oh wait

tadpole

I think my pkg count in the upper right hand corner usually says zero when I have scanned all the pkgs. How would that correlate with my mental count. Am I missing something? Which DIAD software version are you using.....Oh wait
LOL n00b. It numbers each package.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If no one has said anything to you, you’re doing fine. Trust me, they will let you know if you’re screwing up. Stop looking for a pat on the back.

Sometimes (usually) when scanning a lot of packages in a bulk stop you will fat thump some into prerecord by mistake. At least that has been my experience.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ah. Forgive me. My mother taught me better than to disrespect my elders. But yeah, there’s the remaining count like you mentioned, but also each scan is numbered.

The remaining count is all you need to worry about. If it's > 0 keep scanning. If it = 0, CIR, stop complete, gtfo. Who cares how many you counted in your head?

MrBates

I have been asking my sup for the last couple of weeks for feedback on my performance and how I can improve. He has been very stand-offish and hasn’t given me much to go on. I know I’m only seasonal but I’m trying to show them how much I want to be selected to come back after season. Anyone here willing to share some tips on how to shine? Thanks

Don't expect feedback or a pat on the back if your doing well. If you haven't been called into the office, then it's a good sign.