Sup not giving feedback

tadpole

The remaining count is all you need to worry about. If it's > 0 keep scanning. If it = 0, CIR, stop complete, gtfo. Who cares how many you counted in your head?
Problem is, when you never get that number down to zero, and you can’t find any more for that stop in your package car. Did you miss a scan? Now what? Rescan a hundred pieces to see if you missed one? Or assume it’s a m/l?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Problem is, when you never get that number down to zero, and you can’t find any more for that stop in your package car. Did you miss a scan? Now what? Rescan a hundred pieces to see if you missed one? Or assume it’s a m/l?

Do you have a hundred piece stop? And does keeping a count of that many work for you? By the time you get to 100 and the board says you've only scanned 99, do you assume you counted correctly?

I have a stop like that, and there are a lot of things going on that make it nearly impossible to keep an accurate count in my head. I make sure that I scan each package as I unload it. It takes a little longer, but not as long as rescanning all the packages.

tadpole

Do you have a hundred piece stop? And does keeping a count of that many work for you? By the time you get to 100 and the board says you've only scanned 99, do you assume you counted correctly?

I have a stop like that, and there are a lot of things going on that make it nearly impossible to keep an accurate count in my head. I make sure that I scan each package as I unload it. It takes a little longer, but not as long as rescanning all the packages.
I agree with you and I do it the same way you do, but there is another way to do it where you stack them in groups of five or 10.