Supe says no to vacation

JaxFedEx

I would bet less than 25.

Lets just say this, I am 19, and I think the OP is being very CHILDISH. I think I (and some others may agree) may have sounded like that when I was a freshman in HIGH SCHOOL and thought I was the :censored2: !!

Life sucks. Suck it up and deal with it. We are in this for the long haul.

Dynomite

ARE YOU KIDDING?????!!!!!!! I would tell him: "Yeah, I am taking my medicine and going back to sleep. Hey, I feel better already. Have a nice day and I will be in tomorrow. Then dial tone........

Not kidding at all. Its only with this new sup that we have. I would have done that, but I really don't know the sick day policy. Want to know the funny thing? When that sup was a loader I remember asking him for one of the sups phone numbers, and asked him about sick days. His response was, "Ya you just call in say your sick and hang up." Now he has that collared shirt and his tone has changed.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Hello i have been working at UPS for almost 5 years now. I have been on vacations for 3 weeks... technically 2 because i called in sick every day for the 2nd week. I have two more weeks of vacation which will be ending on the 12th of august and i have to go to work on the 15th. However today i texted my supervisor and asked if anybody has the week of 15- 19 of august he told me somebody already has it off. heres the text transcript me and him had today...

Me- Hey does anybody have week of 15-19 of August?
Supe- Who is this?
Me- Its Exmachina
Supe- Yes someone has it off
Me- Who has that week off?
Supe- A tan wall employee
Me- Which one?
Supe- Why does it matter to you? You need to be here that week.
Me- Why are you avoiding my question?
Supe-Call me. I am not going to play this text game.
Me- This isnt a game I just asked a simple question... Whats so hard about that?

my supe didnt reply after that. basically the supe is an A-hole and i beleive he is lying because he doesnt want to give me vacation because i called in sick every day of last week. basically is there anything i can do? should i just call in sick every day of the week?(I actually have to miss work those days) and can anything happen to me if i do?

1st off, texting is 4 chicks. Not female drivers. teenage girlies.

2nd, Sup knows u as Exmachina, wow.

3rd, how did u get away with calling off the whole of 2nd week??? docter excuse??? u really think Sup will b flexable 4 u after this.

4th, Just how many weeks in a row do u need to have a vaca as a part timer?

5th, texting is hiding.

6th, don't u do vaca requests well in advance before vaca year begins and already know when they are set for according to seniority and availability.
7th LoL. dude. don't get mad bout this responce cause this whole complaint is half baked.

Omega man

never heard of book off or book on?
but here in NJ or at least in the building I'm in after 3 days you need a Doctors note.if you dont call in its a no call no show. a weeks worth and your out the door.

You do not need a doctor's note. It is not required anywhere unless specified in your contract. HIPAA laws protect your privacy from intrusive corporations like UPS.

Last edited: