Supervisor fired

myback

Just wondering, since sups aren’t in the union, do they have any recourse when they get terminated? I won’t say I like the guy, but he’s significantly less of a lying snake than the other supervisors. I’d say I dislike him the least out of our supervisors.
Cary a small note book and document everything, all interactions you have with this individual and make sure, this is important, make sure he sees you taking notes whenever you are speaking with him.

Hobizzle

Cary a small note book and document everything, all interactions you have with this individual and make sure, this is important, make sure he sees you taking notes whenever you are speaking with him.

I’m not trying to save him or be his buddy. I’m just curious. In no way shape or form do I trust him or any sup EVER!!!!

MattM

They can't get rid of one of the supervisors we have. Three physical confrontations and both the union worker and this supervisor are still around

We work for a crazy company.

Anywhere else and these guys would be gone within minutes. This happened two years back.

myback

They can't get rid of one of the supervisors we have. Three physical confrontations and both the union worker and this supervisor are still around

Anywhere else and these guys would be gone within minutes. This happened two years back.

Assaulted by a supervisor is basically winning the lottery, there would be no greater gift. Police will be notified and my attorney will be contacting management in a New York minute.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Assaulted by a supervisor is basically winning the lottery, there would be no greater gift. Police will be notified and my attorney will be contacting management in a New York minute.
I'd fall and start convulsing on the ground. Have to be taken out by an ambulance lol

dudebro

Just wondering, since sups aren’t in the union, do they have any recourse when they get terminated? I won’t say I like the guy, but he’s significantly less of a lying snake than the other supervisors. I’d say I dislike him the least out of our supervisors.

In my personal experience UPS is fairly conservative with terminating people.

By the time they do it, usually the sup has committed a “cardinal sin” like theft or assault, or, they’ve documented issues for months and they’re papered up by the time of termination, such that the sup would likely lose in court.

It also matters how many protected classes the sup is a member of. Get to 2 or more, and outside of gross cardinal sins the sup isn’t going anywhere.

Superteeth2478

The protected classes part is probably the most important part. We had two in our hub that were the trifecta: Women, minorities, and also LGBT. One was fired for stealing time literally on a daily basis, like at least an hour every day, and the other was fired because she was literally bat:censored2: crazy and treated everyone like crap. Eventually called a white woman a racial slur and got fired.

God help them at their future workplaces if they can manage to get fired at UPS...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The protected classes part is probably the most important part. We had two in our hub that were the trifecta: Women, minorities, and also LGBT. One was fired for stealing time literally on a daily basis, like at least an hour every day, and the other was fired because she was literally bat:censored2: crazy and treated everyone like crap. Eventually called a white woman a racial slur and got fired.

God help them at their future workplaces if they can manage to get fired at UPS...

thay sound like fun got any digits

There is a recourse when mgmt do get in trouble, it is the EDR (employee dispute resolution). There are 5 steps to it, open door, facilitation, peer review, mediation, and arbitration. How do I know...well, been through it a couple times. It's not just for terminations, it could be for a variety of things, but typically come into play for terminations, not being awarded MIP, or not getting a raise (there should have been a reason a person didn't receive these and that is why you go through EDR). One went well for me, the other not so good...though I am still employed here.

Indecisi0n

What did the gays do?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Years back I would say no, these days, I'm not so sure. There is always some sleazy slip and fall lawyer ready to claim emotional distress, discrimination, or the vapors.
images

Hot Carl

We had a center manager get fired for #MeToo reasons. Still run into him at the grocery store from time-to-time. Wonder what he's up to these days. I never ask.