Supervisor fired

Hobizzle

Just wondering, since sups aren’t in the union, do they have any recourse when they get terminated? I won’t say I like the guy, but he’s significantly less of a lying snake than the other supervisors. I’d say I dislike him the least out of our supervisors.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just wondering, since sups aren’t in the union, do they have any recourse when they get terminated? I won’t say I like the guy, but he’s significantly less of a lying snake than the other supervisors. I’d say I dislike him the least out of our supervisors.

It depends on a lot of different factors. Most recourse options would either be through the courts, or the DOL, if UPS broke any laws or violated any regulations. He needs to check with a lawyer.

FT or PT sup?

purehavanne

I have a new sup every 4-6 months. I never get cozy with them

Superteeth2478

It's my understanding there is some kind of internal review/appeal process. He can probably find out more through HR. If they're not as useless as they are in my building, anyways...

barnyard

KTM rider
It's my understanding there is some kind of internal review/appeal process. He can probably find out more through HR. If they're not as useless as they are in my building, anyways...
That is my understanding as well. Which I would never have known about, except the entire management team from a neighboring center was fired several years ago. center manager and 2 OCS. 1 of them got their job back, but I am not sure whom.

We have had 2 center managers fired in my building. 1 started his own business and I assumed he was doing well. The other was hired within weeks at FE Freight.

tadpole

I know of a pt sup who was fired for doing something unsafe but got his job back after some sort of appeal process. Don’t remember any more details.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if the company violated state or federal discrimination laws , employment laws.