Supervisor using the "N" word

dudebro

Can a supervisor get terminated for using the "N" word on social media ?
Can - but circumstances matter.

In our hub, a Caucasian FT sup answered his personal phone with "Yo, my brotha", but, you know, replace brotha. A black hourly was walking behind him, heard it, and made an issue.

We had to send the supervisor home to think about it pending the HR review. I would have paid real money to sit in the meeting, because the sup had to explain this to both the HR and district manager, who were black themselves.

End of story, he returned to the same job after 3 weeks off. He was a 20 year supervisor with no prior complaints of racism, so he didn't lose his job.
But I'm certain this is a case by case basis. You can't definitively say someone would be safe or not. It's a bad idea to post anything on social media you wouldn't wear to work, or to court, or to Sunday dinner, on a T-shirt.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Can - but circumstances matter.

In our hub, a Caucasian FT sup answered his personal phone with "Yo, my brotha", but, you know, replace brotha. A black hourly was walking behind him, heard it, and made an issue.

We had to send the supervisor home to think about it pending the HR review. I would have paid real money to sit in the meeting, because the sup had to explain this to both the HR and district manager, who were black themselves.

End of story, he returned to the same job after 3 weeks off. He was a 20 year supervisor with no prior complaints of racism, so he didn't lose his job.
But I'm certain this is a case by case basis. You can't definitively say someone would be safe or not. It's a bad idea to post anything on social media you wouldn't wear to work, or to court, or to Sunday dinner, on a T-shirt.
I’ve got an arsenal of great t shirts that get me many compliments and many mean looks whenever I wear them. :)

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’ve got an arsenal of great t shirts that get me many compliments and many mean looks whenever I wear them. :)
When I was younger I had a shirt with a British guy throwing up gang signs and wearing knickers that said "where my knickers at?" I wore it to a party one night and there happened to be a group of black guys who couldn't take a joke and were "offended" by my shirt. Luckily my group of friends was bigger or else I might have got my ass beat that night.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
When I was younger I had a shirt with a British guy throwing up gang signs and wearing knickers that said "where my knickers at?" I wore it to a party one night and there happened to be a group of black guys who couldn't take a joke and were "offended" by my shirt. Luckily my group of friends was bigger or else I might have got my ass beat that night.
That is solid gold...hahahahha

Dr.Brownz

Carlton.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i've been called ...

short-stuff
midget
cracker
honky
guinea
greaseball
wop
:censored2:
bitch
witch
gookie
opie
soprano
eyetalian

and a lots of other things but i aint cryin bout it every 5 minutes

tacken

Hummmmm?? So your saying that you don't care what they say? That's weird, I am going to try that . Thanks

Box Ox

“Wassup my neighbor?!” LOL