supervisor working and sends me home...

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As I've written before, years ago -- after a successful grievance against management working -- I received a certified letter rubber stamped by the DM informing me that if I did not vacate the building within 5 minutes of clocking out (and it took about five minutes to exit the building from my designated time clock), I would be considered trespassing and UPS would contact the authorities & forcefully have me removed from the property, which would lead to termination of my employment (and possible charges). My BA said it was legit and UPS was within its rights. Yet in order to get compensated for supervisors working....

Honestly, some days I feel like turning in that withdrawal card.

That's why its good to have a good lawyer. You could have ripped UPS apart if you had a good lawyer.

SAC_NIGHT_SUCKS

My full time Sup tried to do this to me tonight. I'm a pick off on HVD, I walked my belt at the end of the night and started helping load when I came back. He tried to send me home. He said "I'll load it," I told him no, get me a shop stweard. My full timer walked away talking :censored2:. Haha

QKRSTKR

There is no valid reason to loiter after you punch out.
I agree. What is a valid reason to loiter before work? It goes both ways. The day they enforced this on me would be the day they better start enforcing all employees not to be in the building prior to 15 minutes before start time. How many drivers (maybe even you) are in violation?

When I was in packages we had numerous drivers show up an hour before work. A lot at least a half hour.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I agree. What is a valid reason to loiter before work? It goes both ways. The day they enforced this on me would be the day they better start enforcing all employees not to be in the building prior to 15 minutes before start time. How many drivers (maybe even you) are in violation?

When I was in packages we had numerous drivers show up an hour before work. A lot at least a half hour.

As many have said on here, upstate is a wanna be sup.

Ouch

If you're interested in being a steward on your shift, check with your BA about how to do that. Once a steward they can't force you to leave the building legally due to investigations. That will fix it.

south philly

The hell wit principle file a grievance for the money let him do it for awhile and document it then u should get a nice little lump sum don't be scared its ur right to work

Sent using BrownCafe App

south philly

All this stuff about loitering is nonsense you're center manager is an idiot you're an employee of the company you're not a trespasser he needed to be put in his place he was harassing you and youre :censored2: ba dont have a clue he should have never let that happen hes probably on ups payroll this is exactly why our union are puppets they let these prick managers get away with whatever they want

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All this stuff about loitering is nonsense you're center manager is an idiot you're an employee of the company you're not a trespasser he needed to be put in his place he was harassing you and youre :censored2: ba dont have a clue he should have never let that happen hes probably on ups payroll this is exactly why our union are puppets they let these prick managers get away with whatever they want

Sent using BrownCafe App

When you punch out you need to leave the building in a timely manner---to do otherwise would be loitering.

south philly

Here you go company man what if I have to use the bathroom they gonna come in and take me out in handcuffs youre a very technical guy you must lead a very pure life and you actually believe all the bs this company has to offer im glad youre not a union leader we would all be fired

Sent using BrownCafe App

In local 25, Norwood, we always file anytime a sup works. we have 22-3 employees who are on the floor after most Part timers are sent home, we have air drivers returning to the bldg after Preload has wrapped. We have one guy that routinly gets between $200 to $400 every quarter on grievance checks for sups working. They hold us accountable so we do the same. It also helps to have a Business Agent with some Balls

In local 25, Norwood, we always file anytime a sup works. we have 22-3 employees who are on the floor after most Part timers are sent home, we have air drivers returning to the bldg after Preload has wrapped. We have one guy that routinly gets between $200 to $400 every quarter on grievance checks for sups working. They hold us accountable so we do the same. It also helps to have a Business Agent with some Balls
It must be nice to have Sean O'Brien.

It must be nice to have Sean O'Brien.
Sean O'Brien tends to spend his time pursuing IBT Vice President at large duties. Tom Mari, Vice President of Local 25 is also our business agent is excellent and takes no :censored2: from UPS. We have several people both in preload and air drivers that aggressevily put in grievenances for sups working. After paying out over $2,500 in grievances, our management time is finally getting. It is cheaper to bring in a bargaining unit employee to do the work then to pay the grievance.
I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.
Thanks to everyone for expressing their thoughts on this matter