Supervisors working question.

Edward Ippolito

I have been with UPS for over 10 years and several unions. I have filed way to many grievances to count.
Have any of you personally (no rumored) filed for more that 1 supervisor working at the same time. I have received blowback for using another steward to go around my shop steward for not backing me when I chose to file on 3 supervisors that worked over 5 hours each in 1 day. Other hourlys afraid to file so I went in on all 3.
My steward threw out my original grievance telling me I can only choose 1. Actually he chose 1 for me and for only 3.5hrs.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I have been with UPS for over 10 years and several unions. I have filed way to many grievances to count.
Have any of you personally (no rumored) filed for more that 1 supervisor working at the same time. I have received blowback for using another steward to go around my shop steward for not backing me when I chose to file on 3 supervisors that worked over 5 hours each in 1 day. Other hourlys afraid to file so I went in on all 3.
My steward threw out my original grievance telling me I can only choose 1. Actually he chose 1 for me and for only 3.5hrs.
@542thruNthru

We've been told that since the company has attempted to exhaust all means that supervisors can work .

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Why don't you speak with your ba,since your steward isn't helping?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Have any of you personally (no rumored) filed for more that 1 supervisor working at the same time.
The contact doesn't say you can only file on one, if there are more than one working at the same time.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Your steward is a pusillanimous. File for all three working and the top three seniority get paid.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My Local has the policy where an individual can only file on one supervisor at a time because precedent has been set that an hourly could not do both jobs at the same time.
We said OK,and would have teams of two drivers come in early to catch them working. on one supe Driver A would File and Driver B would witness and then Driver B would File and Driver A would witness. It really pissed management off lol

542thruNthru

My Local has the policy where an individual can only file on one supervisor at a time because precedent has been set that an hourly could not do both jobs at the same time.
We said OK,and would have teams of two drivers come in early to catch them working. on one supe Driver A would File and Driver B would witness and then Driver B would File and Driver A would witness. It really pissed management off lol
That's interesting. I'll have to ask my steward or BA if we have the same thing. Seems kind of against what the union would want.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
That's interesting. I'll have to ask my steward or BA if we have the same thing. Seems kind of against what the union would want.
I used this as an opportunity to get younger drivers involved in filing supe working grievances. I would witness four or five and the youngsters were delighted when they got paid and encouraged unity

2Down2Many2Go

I filled on 3 supervisors in one night.....all unloading trailers while I was on the sort isle.

Superteeth2478

My record was one day where over the course of a 6-hour shift I filed a grievance on 10+ different supervisors. Dispatch and driver supervisors were getting in on the preload action too.

upser2020

I'm gonna say something that might not agree with the concensus but just my 2 cents. Sometimes supervisors working is just them trying to actually help and take some of the burden off hourlys. Yeah I know there's the argument that letting them get away with it will embolden management etc but at the end of the day at least where I'm at most pt sups aren't the enemy. I still get asked(and my dumb arse agrees) to fill in as a sup just because I know enough about operations and we are short on sups)