Supplement status

CoffeeStainedUniform

It seems silly to fight the main contract at this point.
1)Dennis/Hoffa were elected and given the power to enact a contract if less than 50% turnout.
2)less than 50% voted
3)The suppliments aren't a hold out tool because you don't like the main.
Suppliments should* be negotiated in good faith but I doubt they are.

browned out

At Local 243's union meeting today; It was stated that UPS still refuses to talk.

We will wait for 243's NLRB charge to progress. We got nothing but time. Heck, the pilots and airline mechanics went years without a new contract. I know they are under the Railway Labor Act. UPS teamsters want truthful information 1st, then the retro pay.

MuricaMan01

At Local 243's union meeting today; It was stated that UPS still refuses to talk.

We will wait for 243's NLRB charge to progress. We got nothing but time. Heck, the pilots and airline mechanics went years without a new contract. I know they are under the Railway Labor Act. UPS teamsters want truthful information 1st, then the retro pay.
So did they say anything about y'all being forced to vote like it says in the meeting bulletin on the website?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Only if forced to work through it do we get a 20 minute PAID lunch.

By supplement we get 1 hour lunch. We can MUTUALLY agree to take a 30 minute but so far this year they’ve made 1 hour mandatory.

Doesn't sound mutual if they are "forcing".

MuricaMan01

1st the NLRB charges will have to be allowed to progress.
Dang ok. I know y'all want to have things worked out right instead of it being shoved down your throat. I'm one of the mechanics in progression and have a baby coming in April so the retro for me is pretty big so I was just hoping that everything could be worked out by then but idk.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Dang ok. I know y'all want to have things worked out right instead of it being shoved down your throat. I'm one of the mechanics in progression and have a baby coming in April so the retro for me is pretty big so I was just hoping that everything could be worked out by then but idk.
Congrats on the soon to be baby brother! Everyone knows that babies sure know how to drain a bank account so it's understandable that you want that money, but you just gotta be patient. April-May is the earliest guess on the supplements being done, but that doesn't mean you'll get your retro check then. Once they are all finalized and the new contract is finally implemented, Ups will be allowed time to process and deliver the retro checks. So it could be June-July before you see it, but luckily for you it will be a FAT check, easily over $10,000 (pre tax). So just wait it out and make sure you keep track of ALL the hours you've worked since August 1st, and that's all you can do man. Good luck!