Supplement status

browned out

hopefully it goes the whole 5 year contract

That would be the right outcome. But...……….the Hoffa/Taylor POS team will push the Contract thru claiming it best for the union.

That will be Hoffa/Taylors undoing and their forcing the contract thru will crash and burn.

Hoffa/Taylor still have plenty of time and legal opportunities to address the members concerns and the Hoffa Taylor negligence and incompetence . If not; NLRB charges are forthcoming if the members issues are not addressed. Hoffa/Hall have already built the case that seals this DFR violation. They have sealed their own fates.

1. UPS Freight Votes down contract.
2. Hoffa/Taylor state a UPS friend strike will only be allowed at certain locations and will not include UPS ground. (giving us no chance to stand in solidarity with UPS friend; the pilots of the IPA stood with us during the historic UPS strike.)
3. UPS Parcel workers vote down the National Contract.
4. UPS publicly states they will work on issues to pass the UPS Parcel voted down deal.
5. Hoffa/Taylor declare it ratified.
6. Hoffa/Taylor state they will go back to UPS to address the members concerns that led to the CBA being voted down. Hoffa/Taylor have not gone back.
7. Numerous supplements are voted down. Hoffa/Taylor declare the supplements that were voted down (but not by a high enough percentage) approved. Violating precedent from the 2013 election where all voted down supplement locals were allowed to attempt to improve their supplements.
8. (Hypothetical Probable 8.) Hoffa/Taylor declare the entire CBA and supplements ratified against the concerns and votes of the members.
9. I am sure I missed more that a few violations that others can outline.

10. 10. There are the facts that we are not willing to disclose on a public forum; the Hoffa/Taylor team is aware of a few of their DFR infractions. And then; the info that Hoffa/Taylor do not know we possess comes back to hold them accountable.

Come on Hoffa/Taylor.....we know there is still good in you. Do the right thing.

The bell tolls for thee.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That would be the right outcome. But...……….the Hoffa/Taylor POS team will push the Contract thru claiming it best for the union.

That will be Hoffa/Taylors undoing and their forcing the contract thru will crash and burn.

Hoffa/Taylor still have plenty of time and legal opportunities to address the members concerns and the Hoffa Taylor negligence and incompetence . If not; NLRB charges are forthcoming if the members issues are not addressed. Hoffa/Hall have already built the case that seals this DFR violation. They have sealed their own fates.

1. UPS Freight Votes down contract.
2. Hoffa/Taylor state a UPS friend strike will only be allowed at certain locations and will not include UPS ground. (giving us no chance to stand in solidarity with UPS friend; the pilots of the IPA stood with us during the historic UPS strike.)
3. UPS Parcel workers vote down the National Contract.
4. UPS publicly states they will work on issues to pass the UPS Parcel voted down deal.
5. Hoffa/Taylor declare it ratified.
6. Hoffa/Taylor state they will go back to UPS to address the members concerns that led to the CBA being voted down. Hoffa/Taylor have not gone back.
7. Numerous supplements are voted down. Hoffa/Taylor declare the supplements that were voted down (but not by a high enough percentage) approved. Violating precedent from the 2013 election where all voted down supplement locals were allowed to attempt to improve their supplements.
8. (Hypothetical Probable 8.) Hoffa/Taylor declare the entire CBA and supplements ratified against the concerns and votes of the members.
9. I am sure I missed more that a few violations that others can outline.

10. 10. There are the facts that we are not willing to disclose on a public forum; the Hoffa/Taylor team is aware of a few of their DFR infractions. And then; the info that Hoffa/Taylor do not know we possess comes back to hold them accountable.

Come on Hoffa/Taylor.....we know there is still good in you. Do the right thing.

The bell tolls for thee.

Your posts are just getting redundant at this point.

Let me ask you this:

What do you think the IBT lawyers get paid to do ?

Give the General President.... the wrong advice, so the IBT could be put in

some sort of liability situation ?

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Let me ask you this:

-Bug-
I suspect that these "redundant" points will likely continue to be enumerated, by many, all the way up to the next General Election.

What's the IBT lawyers advice to Hoffa on that???

I'm going with "retire Jimmy" and leave all your minions to hold the steaming bag of crap.

~Bbbl~™

browned out

Let me ask you this:

-Bug-

The IBT's thought process is very similar to the tact used by UPS.

The IBT/UPS train of thought being: that everyone is too afraid or that no one is smart enough to take the IBT or UPS to task on any issues.

The IBT and UPS have vastly underestimated what a few highly intelligent people can accomplish.

That said: Intelligence and Courageousness will not correct the IBT's Failure to Fulfill it's duty of Fair representation DURING contract negotiations.

The 3 step formula to correct the gross negligence of the IBT is below:

1st $ is needed; then you can secure the 2nd; An experienced labor attorney who is more concerned with fighting for the union members than worrying about stepping on Hoffa/Taylor's toes. 3. Have firm legal connections in place.

This is where we got 'em.

Hopefully; it does not come to that.

There is still time for Taylor to go back and address the issues that he stated he would go back and address.

There is even more time for the disgraceful union officials at 243 to go back and fix our supplement. And if they can not fix it; then they are required to answer members questions. And inform the members what they are voting on:

NO A package car driver is not guaranteed 40 hours per week.
YES A currently non-existent position will be guaranteed 40 hours per week.
NO A package car driver will not be allowed to bid on a T-S or W-S position to ensure they reach 40 hours.
NO A package car driver will not be able to bump a 22.4 on a Saturday or Sunday if in fact that package car driver has not reached 40 hours.
ETC. ETC.

It is painfully simple to answer the members questions at this stage of negotiations. Yet; the Hoffa/Taylor/243 refuse to do so.

There is no need to force package car drivers into filing grievances for issues that should have been resolved before the vote.

No one wants to file charges but someone absolutely will if necessary.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The IBT and UPS have vastly underestimated what a few highly intelligent people can accomplish.

Those are just more passive aggressive threat's.

"Do what we want.... Or else."

The 3 step formula to correct the gross negligence of the IBT is below:

1st $ is needed; then you can secure the 2nd.

And, that is where it will stop.

It's just reality.

You're gonna raise money.... from members.... to take on the IBT ?

Because of a Local Rider ?

Good luck.

-Bug-

browned out

Charges have been filed.

Teamsters Local 243

These are not the charges that some are contemplating. 243 has filed against UPS for Bad Faith Bargaining. Hopefully 243 can accomplish something. All signs point to no. But here's hoping against hope.

The vast majority of 243's problems should have been addressed well before this state in the negotiations. ANY competent CBA negotiator would have taken these issues on at the onset of negotiations.

This Unfair Labor Practice Suit seems to be a febble attempt for 243 to shield itself from charges stemming from their incompetent, incomplete and utterly useless supplement and central region negotiations.

To fulfill their duty of fair representation; 243 was required to address issues regarding changes in terms of employment, working conditions and pay.

243 failed miserabley and this late hail mary to save face will not get them off the hook.

Last edited:

browned out

It's just reality.

Good luck.

-Bug-

There is no need to raise money from the members. Funding has already been secured. Members will not be solicited for donations. Don't worry about the money.

The issues that will lead to a successful DFR suit for the National, Central Region and Local 243 supplements go well and above the Local Rider.

Again: Hopefully 243 can correct at least our local. NorCal and other regional and local supplement negotiatiors addressed the issues.

The National and Central Region negotiators were either inexcusably incompetent or in collusion with UPS management.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

How is that "passive" aggressive???

That's just plain aggressive the way I read it.

It's just reality.

Good luck.

-Bug-
This we can agree on.

The fix was in and a done deal at this point.
You need to look no further than the Local 89 Air Rider in the last contract debacle as a template.

The last ones to resist, will have it shoved up their asses.
Is Local 243 prepared to be the martyr @browned out???

It's over and time to look forward, not prolong the inevitable.

~Bbbl~™

browned out

How is that "passive" aggressive???

That's just plain aggressive the way I read it.

This we can agree on.

The fix was in and a done deal at this point.
You need to look no further than the Local 89 Air Rider in the last contract debacle as a template.

The last ones to resist, will have it shoved up their asses.
Is Local 243 prepared to be the martyr @browned out???

It's over and time to look forward, not prolong the inevitable.

~Bbbl~™

You are correct; it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that the "fix" was(is) in.

The majority that voted: over 50,000 UPS Teamsters will have this concessionary cba forced upon them.

What is different from 2013; is that a majority of UPS teamsters voted the CBA down.

and...Unlike the local 89 proposal in 2013; there is nothing UPS can take from 243. Nothing.

243 has not achieved any gains from the original offer. 243 put forth a supplement with language that ambiguous and IS open to interpretation. That does not fulfill the union's responsibility.

Other supplements have actually accomplished some gains without any give backs.

We do not believe exercising the rights guaranteed by the NLRB violates any UPS or Teamster rules. Aggressive or Passive Aggressive has no place in this venue. Spirited conversation is encouraged and welcomed.

It is inevitable that this CBA will be forced thru. What is at issue is the negligence of those entrusted to represent the membership.

We do believe that any behavior that violates the Teamster constitution, NLRB rights, state or federal rights or UPS policy needs to be corrected and that all parties need to be truthful and forthright.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Unlike the local 89 proposal in 2013; there is nothing UPS can take from 243. Nothing.
What's stopping the IBT from imposing the present "last and final offer", because it's "in the best interests of the IBT and it's subordinate bodies"?

~Section 6. The General Executive Board is empow- ered to amend, delete, or add to this Article if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.~

browned out

Nothing. The consensus belief locally and nationally is that forcing it thru will occur. UPS has definitely violated some of the following issues addressed here Bargaining in good faith with employees' union representative (Section 8(d) & 8(a)(5)) | NLRB | Public Website

The the Hoffa/Taylor/Hall/243/etc. run into numerous issues if they did not address those easily recognizable issues. This is where the NLRB will overrule (or otherwise legally outweigh) the Teamster constitution.

If the Hoffa/Taylor minions did not address the UPS mgmt. negotiating team's violations...…..we are back to that dreaded Failure to Represent Members during contract negotiations debacle.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How is that "passive" aggressive?

Because of the statement (threat) of filing NLRB charges.

But, they really don't want to....

The National and Central Region negotiators were either inexcusably incompetent or in collusion with UPS management.

You are correct; it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that the "fix" was(is) in.

Nonsense.

This would make a good episode for Jessie Ventura's "Conspiracy Theories".

Fact or Fiction ?

:biggrin:

browned out

What's stopping the IBT from imposing the present "last and final offer", because it's "in the best interests of the IBT and it's subordinate bodies"?

~Section 6. The General Executive Board is empow- ered to amend, delete, or add to this Article if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.~

The "in the best interest of the IBT...." is a valid point.

Hoffa/Hall/Taylor and the rest of the cronies could state that the IBT has already been impacted; and that the IBT's interests are foremost.

They can state ' look what has occurred ' 'the members have spoken and voted out the incompetent local 804 and Local 767 union officials'

So by letting this piece of garbage stand; the local officials reap what they sowed. Garbage in and NOW the Garbage is out.

The union leadership is changing and will continue to do so.

That is "in the best interest of IBT"

BuckyBadger

This thread is another example of this attitude of TDU vs. IBT. Don't both parties know that the majority of the union members don't know who either of them are, what they represent or really care or ever will care?

All they want is results. And they don't care which party gives it to them.

I wouldn't know the head of TDU from the head of IBT. I wouldn't know the president of IBT if he was in my building. UPS laughs maniacally whenever this Union tries to make it an IBT versus TDU issue. Divide and conquer

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This thread is another example of this attitude of TDU vs. IBT. Don't both parties know that the majority of the union members don't know who either of them are, what they represent or really care or ever will care?

All they want is results. And they don't care which party gives it to them.

I wouldn't know the head of TDU from the head of IBT. I wouldn't know the president of IBT if he was in my building. UPS laughs maniacally whenever this Union tries to make it an IBT versus TDU issue. Divide and conquer
@BigUnionGuy