Supreme Court

BrownArmy

But a least they give it a try .

My wife has a random thyroid condition which is otherwise harmless, but it turns out her body is incapable of producing the appropriate hormones for baby-making.

Are we still eligible for marriage?

(we've been married for ten years, so that was a rhetorical question)...

What does it matter to you if same-sex persons get married?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
jdN04in.png
This is one of the best memes you have posted.
jdN04in.png

BrownArmy

By the way, let's be clear.

If we're talking about marriage, the 'State' has no predilection one way or another about religion, possible baby-making, etc.

How are you personally harmed if same-sex couples marry?

bbsam

Staff member
Possibly, but it doesn't address MSSR Franklins' honest questions for an SC nominee about why he seems to routinely rule in favor of corporations over people.

It's weird. I thought corporations were people.
They are. Very rich, spoiled people.

BrownArmy

It wasn't a YES/NO question.

I assume you don't have an answer because you aren't harmed in the least if same sex couples are allowed to marry.

Which, again, simply means that they enjoy the same legal rights that you do.

As far as I can tell, the 'State' doesn't care a whit if the marrying couple has a religion, if they can procreate, etc.

If MM or FF marriage offends you, that's fine, just come out and say that, but don't obfuscate with mumbo-jumbo about legalese that you don't actually understand.

Just do it, come out.

Come out of your closet...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It wasn't a YES/NO question.

I assume you don't have an answer because you aren't harmed in the least if same sex couples are allowed to marry.

Which, again, simply means that they enjoy the same legal rights that you do.

As far as I can tell, the 'State' doesn't care a whit if the marrying couple has a religion, if they can procreate, etc.

If MM or FF marriage offends you, that's fine, just come out and say that, but don't obfuscate with mumbo-jumbo about legalese that you don't actually understand.

Just do it, come out.

Come out of your closet...
Agree ... the Government wants to protect these people and provide a Legal Union status.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
A corporate squabble over printer toner cartridges doesn’t sound particularly glamorous, and the phrase “patent exhaustion” is probably already causing your eyes to glaze over. However, these otherwise boring topics are the crux of a Supreme Court case that will answer a question with far-reaching impact for all consumers: Can a company that sold you something use its patent on that product to control how you choose to use after you buy it?

Why You Should Care About The Supreme Court Case On Toner Cartridges

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A corporate squabble over printer toner cartridges doesn’t sound particularly glamorous, and the phrase “patent exhaustion” is probably already causing your eyes to glaze over. However, these otherwise boring topics are the crux of a Supreme Court case that will answer a question with far-reaching impact for all consumers: Can a company that sold you something use its patent on that product to control how you choose to use after you buy it?

Why You Should Care About The Supreme Court Case On Toner Cartridges
I hope SCOTUS rules for the customer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm really curious how this plays out and the effect it will have on DRM. I remember hearing something a while back about farmers having to hack john deere software. This case could have far reaching implications across a lot of industries.
DRM (Digital Rights Management) is used by Corporations for many purposes.
One of the most outrageous examples is the fact that printers are manufactured so that if you try to use their inkjet printer with another company's ink cartridges, the software will cause the printer to flow the ink too much or too little.
I had an HP printer that flowed the ink way too much.