Supreme Court

newfie

I'm assume that since he is driving a truck he's not a billionaire ... So who cares?

Lawyers in Gorsuch 'Frozen Trucker' Case Surprised at Attention
oops, I didn't read the case.

its always difficult to find a good unbiased analysis of these issues. I've read several different stories on this case I'll list one.

this case was originally investigated by OSHA who found no issues.

Company disputed the non-working heater and also said the truck had auxillary power .
you would think a truck that had no heat would have also been uncomfortable to drive down the road under these conditions?

brakes don't generally freeze up if you're driving down the road, in this case it looks he made an unscheduled stop because he was lost at which point the brakes froze up.

In this case it then comes down to a comfort versus threat of life issue.

keep in mind that UPS has had "truckers" get stuck on the road in snowstorms for days at a time , living off that cab heater.

With all that said I think the company should have shown more compassion to the driver under these circumstances.

Gorsuch as such is black and white. He's going to read this case and decide based on what the law says and not what he thinks the company should have done.

Lawyers in Gorsuch 'Frozen Trucker' Case Surprised at Attention

moreluck

golden ticket member
jdN04in.png

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The anthropologist in me sez that religion is an expression of culture so yes.

What has corrupted marriage is the intermingling of the State with it. Remove the State and all the privileges the State has endowed upon marriage and the entire marriage debate disappears like a fart in the wind. Let it return to its rightful place as a religious and/or cultural tradition.
I feel the same way ... obviously since you are quasi-agreeing with my post.

However, the religious representatives, in ancient and prehistoric times, were the judges and head of "state".
So, were shamans/priests and bishops* the ruling class at the top of the pyramid and the secular states took over their role?
Therefore, religion forged your first type of "state" ... ergo, religious leaders were the statist leaders.

What ya think WKMAC?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He did not blindside me. In the last week it was clear he had a very good chance of winning.

What I do find hard to believe, is that you and your ilk still support him.
I didn't like Obama's actions and policies.
I don't like Trump.
I support both during their presidency.

wkmac

I feel the same way ... obviously since you are quasi-agreeing with my post.

However, the religious representatives, in ancient and prehistoric times, were the judges and head of "state".
So, were shamans/priests and bishops* the ruling class at the top of the pyramid and the secular states took over their role?
Therefore, religion forged your first type of "state" ... ergo, religious leaders were the statist leaders.

What ya think WKMAC?

Generally speaking I can find little fault with what you propose. There are some expressions of early shamatic practices that might not fit the typical statecraft mold that we are accustomed but on an evolutionary scale it would still somewhat fit.

BrownArmy

The whole concept of gay marriages was decided by lawyers .
Judges are lawyers , along with lawmakers and public officials .
Business had been slow and they needed another source to make money from .
Think about it .

The gov't now has to give spouses' benefits as well as corporations and companies .
Lawyers now have more people looking for wills and other documents to sanction this new union .
And all the divorces, too.

Do you have a fundamental disagreement with 'gay' marriage?