SurePost - A Subcontracting Violation that has led to the loss of many UPS jobs.

pretzel_man

According to everyone that posts here in management, it took away zero routes. Pretzel_man, I pose the same question to you. I am not asking what customers want. I am asking if UPS has or is looking for ways to remove overpaid teamsters from it's operation.

I have never said that zero routes have been lost due to Surepost.

I have never heard a senior leader say that there is a goal to rid of overpaid teamsters.

However, I would be lying if I said there is no talk about reducing the number of drivers it takes to do the job...

Whether you like it or not, customers are asking for this.

I'm certain, that UPS would prefer these be ground packages delivered by Teamsters and paid the ground rate by the customers.

curiousbrain

[...]

I'm certain, that UPS would prefer these be ground packages delivered by Teamsters and paid the ground rate by the customers.

Unless I'm reading this wrong (and that is certainly possible), that's kind of an implicit admittance that the spread between Ground/SurePost is profitable enough to warrant putting out extra drivers/routes.

Interesting.

pretzel_man

Unless I'm reading this wrong (and that is certainly possible), that's kind of an implicit admittance that the spread between Ground/SurePost is profitable enough to warrant putting out extra drivers/routes.

Interesting.

As far as I know, Ground is more profitable that Surepost.

If someone knows different, speak up.

Not sure why that is admitting anything.