Suspended For Making "Divisive Comments"

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So, I was sent home today for making comments about the rumored indictments being brought against Trump's campaign managers (presumably) during stretch-and-flex.

My exact comment was "I see the universe is about to throw out those un-American pieces of trash."

After the sort, the senior (not sure why she was even there on a Saturday) came up to me and asked why I made such comments. I replied that I'm always right about everything, and I predicted months ago that the indictments would happen - many employees think the collusion theories are "fake news." Well, guess what hoople-heads -the "fake news" defense doesn't work when the feds are breathing down your neck.

She said my comments were divisive and sent me home (it was hinted that I may be terminated).

If I'm terminated, what are the odds that I will successfully GFT the decision?

Some background: The senior is a lesbian, and her girlfriend has openly remarked in the past of how good looking I am during company events (bowling, picnics etc). The senior has not taken this well (other employees can substantiate this claim).

What do you think? Would they dare fire me? I would hate to lose out on the benefits package that Fedex offers - I think it's pretty great working for the company.

Did you bang the girlfriend?

Oldfart

Politics, religion and money are 3 things you should refrain from discussing at work or in public. It usually leads to arguments. We had a courier get into a heated argument with a customer about sports. The customer hit the courier and the courier got a letter. Not sure if the customer got disciplined by his employer or not.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So, I was sent home today for making comments about the rumored indictments being brought against Trump's campaign managers (presumably) during stretch-and-flex.

You should have been sent home for starting sentences with "So."

After the sort, the senior (not sure why she was even there on a Saturday) came up to me and asked why I made such comments. I replied that I'm always right about everything, and I predicted months ago that the indictments would happen - many employees think the collusion theories are "fake news." Well, guess what hoople-heads -the "fake news" defense doesn't work when the feds are breathing down your neck.

She said my comments were divisive and sent me home (it was hinted that I may be terminated).

Always a GREAT idea to make political arguments to defend yourself in a case of questionable conduct.

If I'm terminated, what are the odds that I will successfully GFT the decision?

Odds that a termination could be successfully GFT'd? About 100%. Odds that you are capable of it? About 10%.

bacha29

I haven’t yet. Do you think that will give me some leverage in the GFT process?
Lean hard on the civil rights/freedom of speech issue while casually mentioning the EEOC, the NLRB the SPLC I think they would love nothing more than to have a go at Fat Freddy.

Meat

We had a courier get into a heated argument with a customer about sports. The customer hit the courier and the courier got a letter. Not sure if the customer got disciplined by his employer or not.

Why do working feebs love sports...oops, forgot I covered that subject in another thread.

Meat

Odds that a termination could be successfully GFT'd? About 100%. Odds that you are capable of it? About 10%.

Wouldn’t your time be better served by crafting a proper resignation letter? You seem rather important (I know, I should be sent home for using “rather” - you must have saved your copy of “The Elements of Style”) and the company should be given an adequate amount of time to prepare for the tremendous loss in productivity. Who is going to play all of those games of Solitaire, Dano? Did you ever think of that once?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wouldn’t your time be better served by crafting a proper resignation letter?

Nope. Can't decide which stationery I like best.

You seem rather important (I know, I should be sent home for using “rather” - you must have saved your copy of “The Elements of Style”) and the company should be given an adequate amount of time to prepare for the tremendous loss in productivity.

Nope. I think they'll shut the whole corporation down the following day. You read it here first.

Who is going to play all of those games of Solitaire, Dano? Did you ever think of that once?

Nope but I hope to solve that problem by lunchtime on Tuesday. Will report back here.

Meat

Or should I say a crack at your :censored2:.

I just found out I’ll be suspended for three days with pay. Supposedly, according to “unbiased” witnesses, I was pointing at known Trump supports when I made the comment (a complete fabrication). Since it’s with pay, I’m not going to bother with the GFT. What’s the point of suspending somebody with pay? This company is completely :censored2:ed up.

floridays

I just found out I’ll be suspended for three days with pay. Supposedly, according to “unbiased” witnesses, I was pointing at known Trump supports when I made the comment (a complete fabrication). Since it’s with pay, I’m not going to bother with the GFT. What’s the point of suspending somebody with pay? This company is completely :censored2:ed up.
WGAS The purpose of suspension with pay is to get your attention smart guy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Uh.....today is Saturday.....how did you "just find out" on a weekend?

floridays

I guess you're the kind of guy that has to be hit in the head with a 2x4 to get your attention.

floridays

Saturday is more-or-less a regular workday, P. Coltrane.
I don't believe it is for the ones that would be serving discipline, you're not important enough to interrupt their weekend. I stand to be corrected on the level of your importance however.