Swinging at night

Pooter

I also save apartment clusters for later since they eat up time and are easy to find.

The exception being apt office deliveries since those leave by 5
:(

As a swinger just realize it's going to suck and make peace with it. Buy a flashlight and hope for the best each day.

One stop at a time... Use your chains to get out of trouble, not into trouble... Don't listen to a customer who says "you can make it down here." Their little all wheel drive Subaru never has a problem, and never hits those branches that just broke your mirror and put a quarter inch dent down the side.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Use the old - CNL, and give it to the clerk. That's what arse wipe runner- gunners do.

Coalminer2005

I guess it depends on the route. We have some residential areas that are not very well lit. Hate wasting time looking for addresses on houses that you cannot see because of the dark. I'd rather knock off 50 to 75 residential houses during the day and save the 20 or so rural routes houses for last. But like I said it depends on the route. Some are nothing but rural. May not work for all but seems to work well for me. Just saying.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I had my country run the only thing that saved me when it got dark was area knowledge. I couldn't imagine trying to find some of those addresses in the dark.

I'm sorry, but I would run off the rural stops during the day and save the in-town resis for later.

Johney

When I had my country run the only thing that saved me when it got dark was area knowledge. I couldn't imagine trying to find some of those addresses in the dark.

I'm sorry, but I would run off the rural stops during the day and save the in-town resis for later.
Swinging at night has a entirely different meaning for you.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Keep getting crap for breaking Orion trace to go into a neighborhood that has no street lights, and no mail boxes on the street. Will not deliver there in the dark
Me neither. And when they ask, 'do you really want to talk about safety? Yea thats what I thought. Screw your numbers, trace, miles overallow, sporh. stuff them

rod

Retired 22 years
Delivering an unfamiliar area in the dark sucks. Area knowledge comes with experience. After about 10 years of delivering the same town I knew every address. After delivering the same town for 20 years I didn't even need addresses--all I had to do was look at the name on a package and I could tell you where they live, their spouses name, their kids names and their dogs and cats names. Once you get to that point you can do a route in your sleep. The job does get easier----except for the packages---they seem to get heavier.