Switching routes

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Somethings are ok to text. Pick up eggs. Stopping at strip club on the way home. hey mom, I'm pregnant. But something like being a responsible adult and calling off work should be done via voice.

'Hey, honey. Gonna be late tonight. I'm picking up a 12-pack, dropping $20 admission to the BYOB place, and throwing lots of ones and fives at the young, nubile, naked babes.

I'll eat when I get home.'

Yeah, right.;)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
yea just like "you must take your full lunch everyday"....then the next day you send a message...going to miss business stops....sup calls you.."hey can you just skip your lunch and get those stops..ill take care of your lunch"...yup...total hypocrites
Nothing I can do if you say no but send you help.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That's where you lost me.

Discipline, meaning a discharge situation.

But.... safety ?

How does that happen ?

Help me out.

-Bug-
Guy comes in unsafe for work. Perhaps intoxicated. We had a situation once where an employee discovered their spouse cheating on them. We felt it was unsafe to allow him to operate the vehicle because he looked like hell and clearly hadn't slept. He wanted to work, so we asked him to do safety stuff to get his 8.

oldngray

nowhere special
Guy comes in unsafe for work. Perhaps intoxicated. We had a situation once where an employee discovered their spouse cheating on them. We felt it was unsafe to allow him to operate the vehicle because he looked like hell and clearly hadn't slept. He wanted to work, so we asked him to do safety stuff to get his 8.

Sounds like a bit of compassion.

What company do you work for?

UPS did used to be like that a long time ago but things change.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't consider rolling over and just taking the missed an acceptable option. There is ALWAYS someone who will take the work.

The problem is making service on business. There probably will be no other driver nearby who can deliver the stops in time. Not like residentials with no time constraints.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The problem is making service on business. There probably will be no other driver nearby who can deliver the stops in time. Not like residentials with no time constraints.
My guys are all in a pretty tight area, 9 times out of 10 I can find someone to help. And if my guys can't I will gladly dispatch an air driver at top rate. It's easier to explain than a bunch of missed. Safety, service, production.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That's how it used to be.

The Big Idea Is Service.

Oh, yeah. That went away.
Seeing new blood enter into the management ranks is making me excited. There is a different mindset. Something like 75% of business managers and above are eligible for retirement in 5 years. Company needs some fresh, new leaders.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I want to hug you right now
EeWfX.gif

Cementups

Box Monkey
'Hey, honey. Gonna be late tonight. I'm picking up a 12-pack, dropping $20 admission to the BYOB place, and throwing lots of ones and fives at the young, nubile, naked babes.

I'll eat when I get home.'

Yeah, right.;)
You're saying that wouldn't fly at your house??? My wife sends me that text at least once every other week.