Switching to Orion in 2015

BigBrown609

Just found out today that our center is switching to Orion at some point in 2015. I was also told by my center manager that with Orion they're not allowed to send Driver A to go help Driver B by taking stops off of him. Since my center manager said that I figured I'd check here to see how much truth there was to that. Thanks for the help

Brownsfan

It's true for about 2 months. 1 month cause the Orion team is there and the second month cause management has to hit their numbers. After that the threat of missed pkgs start to out weigh compliance.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Just found out today that our center is switching to Orion at some point in 2015. I was also told by my center manager that with Orion they're not allowed to send Driver A to go help Driver B by taking stops off of him. Since my center manager said that I figured I'd check here to see how much truth there was to that. Thanks for the help

If you are going to take work off drivers now, you will again as soon as the Orion team leaves. The best thing about Orion is you can turn it off, or you can leave it on and make more money. Driver choice.

ManInBrown

ORIAN is only cared about as long as the ORIAN team is in the building, afterwards it's back to buisness as usual.

Not true where I am. We've been on orion for a "long" time. And the orion team is long gone. We are never sent to take work off drivers. But we are sent to get pickup pieces if they will not make it back in time. I haven't been asked to take work off of another driver in at least 6 months.

scisector9

We became fully optimized two months ago. It has gone from having a one on one chat with management if you were a certain percentage over on miles or under on compliance to now they just post a report on the board with the telematics. We never went so far as to have missed pieces to hit that metric but I'm sure other centers have. Orion team at my building was decent. Several former supes. They told us several times to make good business decisions and it was always safety service production. Maybe I was lucky but that's my experience. I get sent to help other drivers weekly still as I am a lower seniority cover driver. Good luck the process is annoying.

Sent using BrownCafe App

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would say enjoy, 2014. I punched out tonight at 9, ran misloads, made meets, and get yelled at every day. Im starting to enjoy the abuse, or so I make them think.

S

selfcancelsignal

I would say enjoy, 2014. I punched out tonight at 9, ran misloads, made meets, and get yelled at every day. Im starting to enjoy the abuse, or so I make them think.
I hope you're coming in right at your start time or at the very earliest, 5 mins. before, if they're continually doing this shizz to you!

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

oldngray

nowhere special
My old center gets ORION in 6 months. The drivers are already working close to 12 hour days so can't get any worse. It will just be tons of service failures. Just as things are ramping up for peak.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I think the best part of Orion for me is that it tells me every day I can get to my first stop 15 minutes faster then I really can. Orion does not even understand traffic.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, it can get worse.
Got a ride today ordered by the dm.
My arthur has really flared up with all the rain, it shows, I know. But I didnt get this way playing tiddly winks.
What the OR said was I need to move faster, I cannot.
We went into this new Hot shot place, (hauling for oil field equipment) The owners have been begging me to get a CDL, and come work for them, they are out of SC/ VA.
They thought he was a trainee, and I was ready to leave. They said, are you coming to work for us now. I said No this is my boss. they said, we want her. He said, Ill miss her, please take her.
I thought it was rude, but I know it would make his job easier. Then and there I said, when we got back to the truck I didnt spend 30 yrs here to get pushed out the door because suddenly I am not good enough. I am here until I am ready to leave. And you cant get rid of me because I dont make your numbers. You need to tell your DM that, to get her/him off your back. I will tell them article 37, EEOC, OSHA, but I will not let myself be abused. Anymore.
And we went over 9.5, and I didnt do 18 ph. And he wanted to be in by 630, I would love that. And we had to get someones air and we went over miles, We had closed businesses, that were buried at the end of the day, and I just didnt see them.....Then I sent him the note 8x11 that I gave to the "team" on June 3rd, that is not yet fixed. He was how could you not see these? Well you were holding the board, half the time, why didnt you see them, and why should I have to search for businesses, shouldnt this have been fixed?
Ive been trying to work hard and fast, I didnt have time to scroll through and search. Its just disgusting. It is beer thirty.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Got a ride today ordered by the dm.
My arthur has really flared up with all the rain, it shows, I know. But I didnt get this way playing tiddly winks.
What the OR said was I need to move faster, I cannot.
We went into this new Hot shot place, (hauling for oil field equipment) The owners have been begging me to get a CDL, and come work for them, they are out of SC/ VA.
They thought he was a trainee, and I was ready to leave. They said, are you coming to work for us now. I said No this is my boss. they said, we want her. He said, Ill miss her, please take her.
I thought it was rude, but I know it would make his job easier. Then and there I said, when we got back to the truck I didnt spend 30 yrs here to get pushed out the door because suddenly I am not good enough. I am here until I am ready to leave. And you cant get rid of me because I dont make your numbers. You need to tell your DM that, to get her/him off your back. I will tell them article 37, EEOC, OSHA, but I will not let myself be abused. Anymore.
And we went over 9.5, and I didnt do 18 ph. And he wanted to be in by 630, I would love that. And we had to get someones air and we went over miles, We had closed businesses, that were buried at the end of the day, and I just didnt see them.....Then I sent him the note 8x11 that I gave to the "team" on June 3rd, that is not yet fixed. He was how could you not see these? Well you were holding the board, half the time, why didnt you see them, and why should I have to search for businesses, shouldnt this have been fixed?
Ive been trying to work hard and fast, I didnt have time to scroll through and search. Its just disgusting. It is beer thirty.
wow it sounds like you had a PERFECT day for a ride. Everything went wrong when he was there and the plan miles and SPORH went to hell in a handbasket!

FARK him wanting you to go faster! that isnt in the contract and if he tries to push the issue FILE. ( you ahve filed and didnt get fired and the world didnt end. keep it up!)

I LOVE it when i am getting a ride along and people want to know who the boss is. I will introduce him to EVERYONE,tell them how long he has been with the company,his hobbies,his family,ANYTHING i can think of and i really love to say " hey THIS is the guy who can get me here earlier ,he is the decision maker" man o man we can really burn some time that way

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
it was perfect. It was 90, he was hot, I kept refreshing my drink, he kept checking my breaks, and we ended up with the same numbers.
I had the same idiots who cant sign their name, couldnt sign at that moment, with big dogs I had to go by to get the pkg to, and refused pkgs, that I got ran off the road for later. Gates that wouldnt open, buzzers no one answered, and the disabled who I gave too much time to, to get to their door. But it is in my board, "wait for disabled person" How long to wait, thats your call. If I dont we will get a complaint.
I think 15 an hour is fair on a good day. On a bad day you might get 13.8. Every day is different. Trust me no one wants out of this pos truck more than me, LOL to the bank.