Take a peek at the new Contract before retiring?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Are you sure? My husband just retired and that’s one thing I’m worried about because he is currently going through cancer treatment and has chemo every 28 days.
I retired last year and have seen very few differences. My wife has had Stage Four metastatic Breast Cancer for Three Years and the coverage is just as good as it as when I was employed. I hope you husband beats cancer,i really hate this disease

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Are you sure? My husband just retired and that’s one thing I’m worried about because he is currently going through cancer treatment and has chemo every 28 days.
Sorry to hear about your husband. Did he retire then find out he had cancer or was that the reason he left??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I retired last year and have seen very few differences. My wife has had Stage Four metastatic Breast Cancer for Three Years and the coverage is just as good as it as when I was employed. I hope you husband beats cancer,i really hate this disease
728.. sorry to hear that brother ❤️❤️

Johney

Mine has very much changed. This was the first time getting my 90 day refills since retiring. What use to cost me $0 for three scripts now cost me $100. Still cheaper than paying full price, but nowhere near the same as when employed. I guess it going to depend on where you are.

Shiftless

Your best option is to take what is said here lightly! NOT ALL retiree's have the same retirement benefits.

Your best course of action is to talk to who handles your insurance for the retiree!

I belong to the WCT (West Coast Teamsters) retirement plan and even inside this retirement program there are many different avenues that health care gets provided.

I highly recommend getting this info figured out from the source directly.

That being said then make sure you come back and help others by posting your findings for your region.

Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery for your husband!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Great retirement insurance! Paid everything just like I was working.
Until......the 100K cap per year was passed.
You're on your own until Jan 1 comes back around and you get another 100K.
During one rough year, I used that in just 3 weeks.

Great retirement insurance! Paid everything just like I was working.
Until......the 100K cap per year was passed.
You're on your own until Jan 1 comes back around and you get another 100K.
During one rough year, I used that in just 3 weeks.
Just like everything else, all depends on where you are.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yep I haven’t had one guy or gal who I have worked with that retired call me and say “ boy I sure wish I would’ve stayed at UPS longer“.
Any bump in pension will be minimal, and probably not worth waiting for if you can go now.
20220218_163902.jpg

Retired. Been here for 3 weeks. Going to stay for at least another 2. My pension check deposited today. Life is good!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
That looks amazing!! You earned it you deserve it enjoy!
Thanks! We have been vacationing here for 30 years and this is the first time we can stay as long as we want.

Every year longer I would have worked would have accrued at about an extra $150 a month on the pension check. Not even close to being worth it. In hindsight I should have left earlier.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Is it busy there??
I have seen worse. I tend to stay away from the tourist areas. Spending a lot of time hiking and visiting the more secluded beaches.
Definitely need to plan ahead for better restaurant reservations, boat tours and/or fishing and to get access to some parks.