Talk with because of misloads

Refloger86

Okay so last week was my 3rd and half week in preload. I’ve done okay for the most part except to be blunt this last week was a mess. I got moved the first two days to a heavy pull area that wasn’t at the end of the belt but the middle and I wasn’t use to it and I ended up having a lot of misloads in those two days (9 between the two days) the rest of the week after getting moved back to an area I’m use to I only had two the rest of the week. Come Friday one of the sup had a talk with with me about my misloads and said that it went down as an official talk with what ever that means. I’m really worried I’m going to end up getting fired because of my up and down misload issue. I show up on time every time I work and my loads usually look good just my misloads are an off and on issue. Especially since I haven’t technically made seniority yet I’m even more worried I’ll end up getting fired.

km3

Okay so last week was my 3rd and half week in preload. I’ve done okay for the most part except to be blunt this last week was a mess. I got moved the first two days to a heavy pull area that wasn’t at the end of the belt but the middle and I wasn’t use to it and I ended up having a lot of misloads in those two days (9 between the two days) the rest of the week after getting moved back to an area I’m use to I only had two the rest of the week. Come Friday one of the sup had a talk with with me about my misloads and said that it went down as an official talk with what ever that means. I’m really worried I’m going to end up getting fired because of my up and down misload issue. I show up on time every time I work and my loads usually look good just my misloads are an off and on issue. Especially since I haven’t technically made seniority yet I’m even more worried I’ll end up getting fired.

Put the pieces on the correct truck. Slow down if you have to.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Just keep showing up on time.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I agree with @specter208 .
Until you've hit seniority, the regular rules do not apply.

Just do your best, and follow every order they give you. Try to hug that fine line between stacking like crazy, and having misloads, because they won't like either extreme.

Until I hit seniority, my supervisors would let me skip break, and I'd catch my area up, during that time.
Technically, working for free, but until you are in the union, you basically have to just do whatever it takes to not get fired.

Good luck.

PT Car Washer

How much are they paying you and are you receiving a show up bonus?

Refloger86

I agree with @specter208 .
Until you've hit seniority, the regular rules do not apply.

Just do your best, and follow every order they give you. Try to hug that fine line between stacking like crazy, and having misloads, because they won't like either extreme.

Until I hit seniority, my supervisors would let me skip break, and I'd catch my area up, during that time.
Technically, working for free, but until you are in the union, you basically have to just do whatever it takes to not get fired.

Good luck.
I began checking my trucks for misloads during break which has helped on most days. My biggest frustration is that between me and supervisors checking my trucks during the shift the usually find none to one misloads. But I’ll turn around and still get one or like the other day 4.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Either 11 or 13$ hour. I’m not getting a show up bonus.
Our new preloaders make $10.35/hr and a $100/wk show up bonus. No you will not be fired just as long as you show up everyday on time and at least try to do your best. If your misloads do not improve you will be moved to another job like unloading or PT Sup or something. UPS can not afford to fire you.

Refloger86

Our new preloaders make $10.35/hr and a $100/wk show up bonus. No you will not be fired just as long as you show up everyday on time and at least try to do your best. If your misloads do not improve you will be moved to another job like unloading or PT Sup or something. UPS can not afford to fire you.
I find it interesting from what I’ve seen on here that different centers make different amounts an hour preload wise. Difference in UPS divisions or something?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I began checking my trucks for misloads which has helped on most days. My biggest frustration is that between me and supervisors checking my trucks during the shift the usually find none to one misloads. But I’ll turn around and still get one or like the other day 4.

Biggest thing here, is to check which truck(s) your misloads are on.
I had one d*ck of a driver who would sheet some packages as misloads when he "couldn't find them" during the day.

Never had the problem since leaving that area, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't an issue of mine.

But see if there is a pattern.
Even if it isn't some conspiracy where a driver is trying to get you in trouble, you might consistently be making the same error. That would be something that would probably be easier to fix.

Basically, get all the info you can.
If you have nice supervisors, see if you can get what time the package came down (Never managed this personally. Too much work for management).
Could be that a lot of your misloads happen as you try to get everything done at the end of the day.

PT Car Washer

I find it interesting from what I’ve seen on here that different centers make different amounts an hour preload wise. Difference in UPS divisions or something?
Our Union Local agreed some years ago that Preload is no longer a skilled job and gave up the $1/hr premium. Bonus is a company thing and different from one Center to another.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!

As long as you are never late or missing days, on your 30 days. Dont worried, you do your best, because nobody is perfect and you will improve. Best wishes.

Refloger86

As long as you are never late or missing days, on your 30 days. Dont worried, you do your best, because nobody is perfect and you will improve. Best wishes.
Okay, because attendance for me has not been an issue. The only question is I’ve gotten called in twice ten minutes before start time and both times I’ve arrived like 1 or 2 minuets after start time. Hopefully that doesn’t count as being late since I was called in at short notice.

Dulce Bombón

Okay, because attendance for me has not been an issue. The only question is I’ve gotten called in twice ten minutes before start time and both times I’ve arrived like 1 or 2 minuets after start time. Hopefully that doesn’t count as being late since I was called in at short notice.

Please, dont be late no more on those 30 days. Is a MUST. Ask questions about your job. It shows them you are willing to do your best, and are interested improving your task.
Good luck.

Refloger86

Please, dont be late no more on those 30 days. Is a MUST. Ask questions about your job. It shows them you are willing to do your best, and are interested improving your task.
Good luck.
So those times I got called in count as being late? My drive alone to work is 7-8 minuets. Hard to believe that would count that if that called me in that late of notice. They always say get here as soon as you can which I do. And the days I’ve been scheduled I’m always early.

Dulce Bombón

So those times I got called in count as being late? My drive alone to work is 7-8 minuets. Hard to believe that would count that if that called me in that late of notice. They always say get here as soon as you can which I do. And the days I’ve been scheduled I’m always early.

Yes, is counted late. They have your file with your call in, lates, etc..Dont worry, dont be late no more from now on, ok?

PT Car Washer

Do you mean they called you to come in before your scheduled start time because of whatever reason? No that would not count as a late and you should be paid OT for that time. Of course you do not know this. You need to introduce yourself to the Union steward so he can protect you from management. Even if you are in probation you still have contractual rights.

Refloger86

Do you mean they called you to come in before your scheduled start time because of whatever reason? No that would not count as a late and you should be paid OT for that time. Of course you do not know this. You need to introduce yourself to the Union steward so he can protect you from management. Even if you are in probation you still have contractual rights.
Not exactly. I was originally scheduled to work then an hour before got told I got put on call because a drive bumped in and I’m on the lower in seniority. 10 minuets before start time they give me a call to come in. Called in at 355 and got there at 407. Start time was 405.