Talked to a Fed Ex driver

dmv3368

The Machine
fedex for life first of all you do Same Job as a Ups driver second you dont make 25 an hour no way never happen. why because i used to work there. And my relative still does as a manager. fedex will never let you make that kind of money i know how the pay scale works all based on your perfomance the most you get is 2 maybe 3 percent raise. they never give a good review even if your great at the job. plus your perk's. what perks! big deal you can jump seat not when there is a hiring freeze and you, not your family or friends can with you. yes we get fired for stupid thing's but we will always get the job back, what do you get the G.T.friend process good luck with that. as for me my best perk is a Pension!! So again the question was do you want to unionize??

FedEX 4 Life

my female roommate worked for fedex. It was funny, we even met for lunch during work twice, she in her uniform, me in my my brown. She did admit, she could never do the crazy hrs we do. Yes, she started 1 hr later, came home 2 hrs sooner.
She had it good, told me she would never work for ups. It's just too long of a day.
And yes, they do get almost free flights to anywhere in the world, get free shipping.
She didn't care she wasn't union.
Really, when you rea;lly think about it, what does the union do for us ? We can't even go by the book, or it'll slow us soo much down, that makes it impossible to complete our days successfully.
Fedex doesn't have that problem. They have tons of room (with 8hr shifts).. To manage.
lies all lies!!!!!!

FedEX 4 Life

fedex for life first of all you do Same Job as a Ups driver second you dont make 25 an hour no way never happen. why because i used to work there. And my relative still does as a manager. fedex will never let you make that kind of money i know how the pay scale works all based on your perfomance the most you get is 2 maybe 3 percent raise. they never give a good review even if your great at the job. plus your perk's. what perks! big deal you can jump seat not when there is a hiring freeze and you, not your family or friends can with you. yes we get fired for stupid thing's but we will always get the job back, what do you get the G.T.friend process good luck with that. as for me my best perk is a Pension!! So again the question was do you want to unionize??
Why is when you UPS guys post things about Fedex that are completly false,MrFedex never jumps in and corrects?I dont make 25 an hour?Why not.Ive been at top pay for a while now and when i was getting raises yeah it was really slow but i was getting 7s and got 6.5% each year and 3% once i reached top pay.
No where near as high as UPS so why do you care?

klein

Für Meno :)
Not lies, she worked for fedex express. Right from the airport, and delivered right outside of it (Nisku)... 5 min away from Edmonton International Airport.
I just couldn't believe she loved fedex that much, she made the long drive to work there and back every day. (45-55 min, each way).

FedEX 4 Life

Not lies, she worked for fedex express. Right from the airport, and delivered right outside of it (Nisku)... 5 min away from Edmonton International Airport.
I just couldn't believe she loved fedex that much, she made the long drive to work there and back every day. (45-55 min, each way).
I love Fedex as well.So do alot of people i know.The station im at now has alot of old timers but my old station was a blast.It was like a party every day.These guys over here(MrFedex) refuse to believe there are folks that love thier job.
This is the first job ive even had where i didnt dread going to work and its a super easy stress free job.Is UPS a better company? Maybe,maybe not,but Fedex better suits me and my current lifestyle.Im sure UPS is perfect for alot of your guys lifestyle as well.
Different stroke for different folks.

Broke

I love Fedex as well.So do alot of people i know.The station im at now has alot of old timers but my old station was a blast.It was like a party every day.These guys over here(MrFedex) refuse to believe there are folks that love thier job.
This is the first job ive even had where i didnt dread going to work and its a super easy stress free job.Is UPS a better company? Maybe,maybe not,but Fedex better suits me and my current lifestyle.Im sure UPS is perfect for alot of your guys lifestyle as well.
Different stroke for different folks.
Didn't you say that you've worked for Fedex 17 years? How many different jobs have you had?

If we ever have the chance to vote on union representation how do you think it will turn out? I mean we are all so happy right? If we're all throwing parties and goofing off it shouldn't matter what labor law we fall under. Whatever happens in congress will have no effect so we need to qut paying any attention to it.Again, since we're all so happy.:happy-very:

klein

Union sucks ! I recently got a warning statement , that pensions will be cut, due to the stockmarket crash... What the hell are they doing ? Investing in the stockmarket, at the same time, they want to represent us, giving us fair wages... but yet, they invest in the companies.. doesn't make sense at all. Should be illegal !
They should put that money into our personal retirement savings funds (that are tax deductable instead) and secure ! Unions are crooks, too. I truley believe they get paid off, to keep things quiet. No way should a supervisor do work, when another person is sent home (for lack of work), and sup is driving a truck. !

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Union sucks ! I recently got a warning statement , that pensions will be cut, due to the stockmarket crash... What the hell are they doing ? Investing in the stockmarket, at the same time, they want to represent us, giving us fair wages... but yet, they invest in the companies.. doesn't make sense at all. Should be illegal !
They should put that money into our personal retirement savings funds (that are tax deductable instead) and secure ! Unions are crooks, too. I truley believe they get paid off, to keep things quiet. No way should a supervisor do work, when another person is sent home (for lack of work), and sup is driving a truck. !

If the company puts money in your retirement fund it's not tax-deductible. If you want that account to grow you have to invest in company stock just like the pension plans. Security equals no gains.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If the company puts money in your retirement fund it's not tax-deductible. If you want that account to grow you have to invest in company stock just like the pension plans. Security equals no gains.
Wow, the monster getting all intellectual, first thing in the morning. You must be on vacation.

klein

We have retirment savings plans here (called RRSP's).. 33% of that is tax deductable. For example if you put in $1000.00 a year, you'll get an additional $333.00 back in your income tax refund.
Yes, company stocks can have a high return, but it's also risky. Don't expect your pension plan to be the same amount as it was in your last statement. It will be lower. Thats the risk they take for us.

SmithBarney

For your FedEx guy who doesn't want the Union... I would believe after 15 years of listening to Fred.. many of the old timers are conditioned to think unions are evil.
Auto Unions perhaps... but the Union that works hand in hand with UPS has done pretty well from what history shows.

As for the discounts.. airline discounts are OK, if you want to fly stand-by otherwise
we do not get great deals..
FedEx Express Employess are the bottom of the barrel for interline perks...

All of the UPS discounts are better.. and hey at $28/hr who cares what a flight costs.

We all work for an airline that we can't even fly on... yeah that's wonderful...

If Fred stopped stuffing his pockets and all the rest of the pockets in the ivory towers..
and returned profit sharing, PSP, 401k, Tradition Pension, Health-care, Jump Seats etc etc and a respectable wage progression all the things he's taken away in the past 10 years, his employees would not be so anxious to see the Union. In fact if I was making 18-19/hr which i think is comparable considering the level of work I could care less.

Overpaid Union Thug

For your FedEx guy who doesn't want the Union... I would believe after 15 years of listening to Fred.. many of the old timers are conditioned to think unions are evil.
Auto Unions perhaps... but the Union that works hand in hand with UPS has done pretty well from what history shows.

As for the discounts.. airline discounts are OK, if you want to fly stand-by otherwise
we do not get great deals..
FedEx Express Employess are the bottom of the barrel for interline perks...

All of the UPS discounts are better.. and hey at $28/hr who cares what a flight costs.

We all work for an airline that we can't even fly on... yeah that's wonderful...

If Fred stopped stuffing his pockets and all the rest of the pockets in the ivory towers..
and returned profit sharing, PSP, 401k, Tradition Pension, Health-care, Jump Seats etc etc and a respectable wage progression all the things he's taken away in the past 10 years, his employees would not be so anxious to see the Union. In fact if I was making 18-19/hr which i think is comparable considering the level of work I could care less.

Aren't you the guy that used to work at UPS? If so....keep setting the rest of these "Purples" straight.

steeltoe

FedEx4Life, please explain to me why it matters what you do for the company. It does not matter if you pick up and deliver only air express packages and here is why.

FedEx may be labeled an Airline, but we all know that it is not.

Airlines move people, freight, animals, etc. from Airport to Airport.

Delivery companies move product from pick up origin to delivery destination.

FedEx and UPS are delivery companies. It does not matter how many airplanes each has or the number of air packages that each has. Sure, each company has other aspects of it's business, but the bread and butter is pick up and delivery.

Please explain to me how you work for an airline when your company's main service is the pick up and delivery of product.

Again, Airlines bread and butter is to move stuff from Airport to Airport. Delivery companies move product fron origin pick up to destination delivery regardless of how it travels.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Are you comparing your job at Fedex to a job you had when you were 11?

No, he started working at FedEx when he was 11 flying DC10's. He's told so many whoppers that I've lost track. Perhaps it was his IQ that tested-out to be at the level of an 11 year-old. Or maybe he was 11 when he fought in Vietnam with Fred.

FedEX 4 Life

No, he started working at FedEx when he was 11 flying DC10's. He's told so many whoppers that I've lost track. Perhaps it was his IQ that tested-out to be at the level of an 11 year-old. Or maybe he was 11 when he fought in Vietnam with Fred.
MrFedex=Biggest phony on this site.Talks all big in the forums but sends me PMs trying to smooch and be my friend talkin bout he has to keep his image up.No wonder hes not allowed to post until a moderator approves it.What a clown.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No, [-]he[/-] started working at FedEx when [-]he[/-] was 11 flying DC10's. [-]He's[/-] told so many whoppers that I've lost track. Perhaps it was[-] his [/-]IQ that tested-out to be at the level of an 11 year-old. Or maybe [-]he[/-] was 11 when [-]he[/-] fought in Vietnam with Fred.
SHE!:happy2:

MrFedex=Biggest phony on this site.Talks all big in the forums but sends me PMs trying to smooch and be my friend talkin bout he has to keep his image up.No wonder hes not allowed to post until a moderator approves it.What a clown.
Prove it! Copy and paste em for all to see.

purplesky

My female roommate worked for fedex. It was funny, we even met for lunch during work twice, she in her uniform, me in my my brown. She did admit, she could never do the crazy hrs we do. Yes, she started 1 hr later, came home 2 hrs sooner.
She had it good, told me she would never work for UPS. It's just too long of a day.
And yes, they do get almost free flights to anywhere in the world, get free shipping.
She didn't care she wasn't union.
Really, when you rea;lly think about it, what does the union do for us ? We can't even go by the book, or it'll slow us soo much down, that makes it impossible to complete our days successfully.
Fedex doesn't have that problem. They have tons of room (with 8hr shifts).. to manage.

Another troll on here. FDX Express people are not flying around the world for almost free. The airlines have made it difficult to fly standby and I have friends who work for the airlines and they have trouble getting on flights all the time. This is a fake story and another troll attempt.