Talked to a Fed Ex driver

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
True,but we are picking up and delivering stuff that goes on planes.

I'm a UPS air driver and do exactly the same. I do not and am not allowed to handle ground. I pull my route at the airport.

From plane, to belt, and to my truck. (and other fellow AIR drivers From all regional centers)

Run route or a crazy combonation of mix routes. Do on call AIR pick ups. Then back to center.

What's different between us air drivers and FED EXPRESS????

Nothing, UPS Air drivers do exactly the same thing. TO the T.

Fed EX is under a different federal classification, for now.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why is a FedexGround and a FedexHome Delivery truck parked at the Express building in my town each night? Looks like someone is working together.

ups2000

is it true we both deliver the same amount of express packages a day? and i heard from a fed ex ground driver that they are gonna make ground hire employees to drive think he meant each ground guy has to hire an express guy.

FedEX 4 Life

This guy doesn't even work for FedEx. How the hell would he know what goes where and why?
I knew you would show up sooner or later.Atleast people in this thread have valid arguments.You on the otherhand just like to cry and complain like the "Fr-gg" you are.I dont know too many Fedex employees who hate Fedex.You claim all Fedex employees hate Fedex.You sound like a broken record and even the senior UPS posters are tired of your BS.
over9five actually made some points which ive never considered before.
All you do is ruin threads with your kool-aid talk.

BORRRING!

upsgrunt

If you're legit, what is your purpose for coming to this forum? It seems to me you only respond to threads about the upcoming vote and the brownbailout lies like a plant would do in pushing an agenda. You're argumentative skills resemble that of a third grader and you're own people are calling you out. The gig is up.

FedEX 4 Life

If you're legit, what is your purpose for coming to this forum? It seems to me you only respond to threads about the upcoming vote and the brownbailout lies like a plant would do in pushing an agenda. You're argumentative skills resemble that of a third grader and you're own people are calling you out. The gig is up.
My own people?MrFedex and Richottea aint my people.They are some disgruntled people with family issues.I like this forum because the fedex ones suck.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I saw many FDX drivers (express) wearing a black T-shirt with the white "FEDEX" above shirt pocket. Are you guys allowed to wear these instead of the uniformed shirts during the summer months?

FedEX 4 Life

I saw many FDX drivers (express) wearing a black T-shirt with the white "FEDEX" above shirt pocket. Are you guys allowed to wear these instead of the uniformed shirts during the summer months?
No but depending on where you work, managers let it go.It was common in my old station for guys to be completly out of uniform.Thats shirt you are refering to is a handler shirt i think and is not on road uniform.

purplesky

Ok sherlock keep drinking the brown kool-aid and yes i can transfer to any station in the country,you have to quit and start all over again.

You guys use to be able to transfer but thats just a dream unless you want to go to Bum**** IOWA! Your flight benefits are a joke also dude. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY YOUR WAGES AND BENEFITS WILL IMPROVE IF YOUR AIRLINE STATUS IS CHANGED. EVEN IF YOU DONT UNIONIZE. BECAUSE FRED WILL NEED TO KEEP YOU HAPPY. WHY DO YOU GUYS EVEN ARGUE THE AIRLINE STATUS THING WITH THIS CLOWN ANYWAY? HE IS JUST PUSHING BUTTONS. FEDEX EXPRESS DRIVERS ARE WEAK BECAUSE FEDEX GROUND IS BRINGING THEM DOWN AND THEY DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO STAND UP AND GET THEIR COMPANY BACK. ITS THE RACE TO THE BOTTUM AT FEDEX NOW AND GROUND IS TAKING YOU DOWN BUDDY!

FedEX 4 Life

You guys use to be able to transfer but thats just a dream unless you want to go to Bum**** IOWA! Your flight benefits are a joke also dude. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY YOUR WAGES AND BENEFITS WILL IMPROVE IF YOUR AIRLINE STATUS IS CHANGED. EVEN IF YOU DONT UNIONIZE. BECAUSE FRED WILL NEED TO KEEP YOU HAPPY. WHY DO YOU GUYS EVEN ARGUE THE AIRLINE STATUS THING WITH THIS CLOWN ANYWAY? HE IS JUST PUSHING BUTTONS. FEDEX EXPRESS DRIVERS ARE WEAK BECAUSE FEDEX GROUND IS BRINGING THEM DOWN AND THEY DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO STAND UP AND GET THEIR COMPANY BACK. ITS THE RACE TO THE BOTTUM AT FEDEX NOW AND GROUND IS TAKING YOU DOWN BUDDY!
I agree Ground is taking us down but they are also taking business away from UPS.

Now that JCATS is open again I check every week and there are positions open all over the county so i can go wherever i want tough guy.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
FEDEX EXPRESS DRIVERS ARE WEAK BECAUSE FEDEX GROUND IS BRINGING THEM DOWN AND THEY DONT HAVE THE BALLS TO STAND UP AND GET THEIR COMPANY BACK. ITS THE RACE TO THE BOTTUM AT FEDEX NOW AND GROUND IS TAKING YOU DOWN BUDDY!

Good point. FedEx Express employees should be more worried about FedEx Ground then UPS.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Are UPS Air and Ground seperate enities?No they are run together.
Thats the difference.

Also we are allowed to grow beards.

We Are treated seperatly. We are under different job classifications through UPS and the union as well.

Our pay and bennies are also seperatly treated. In the union contract we are under a completly different article all together from the full service providers.

If I was ever instructed (which I haven't) to pick up or run ground then they would have to classify me as ground for that day and pay me ground pay for that day.

In summary, YES we are seperate entities in all respects from ground.

I would get chewed to the bone if I attempted a ground package.

So, Explain to me what's different except maybe my pay.

I get $21.32 HRLY plus free health covorage and a part time pension plan.

We are Exactly the same in every way except I work harder and get better bennies.

Well I've been laid off alot and being on call for 10 months now due to volume. but that's another story. okay, I'll say it. I get to wake up in 2 hrs. to call in and say they can't use me again. I've only worked 270 hrs. this yr. I used to get 25 hrs. weekly throughout my progression.

Guess I'll be holding on to that 2nd full time job for alot longer then planned. I due get to work most thursdays & fridays while fellow teamsters take a 3 day weekend and through me a bone to keep my bennies. IT does suck to shave off the gottee to come in.

FedEX 4 Life

We Are treated seperatly. We are under different job classifications through UPS and the union as well.

Our pay and bennies are also seperatly treated. In the union contract we are under a completly different article all together from the full service providers.

If I was ever instructed (which I haven't) to pick up or run ground then they would have to classify me as ground for that day and pay me ground pay for that day.

In summary, YES we are seperate entities in all respects from ground.

I would get chewed to the bone if I attempted a ground package.

So, Explain to me what's different except maybe my pay.

I get $21.32 HRLY plus free health covorage and a part time pension plan.

We are Exactly the same in every way except I work harder and get better bennies.

Well I've been laid off alot and being on call for 10 months now due to volume. but that's another story. okay, I'll say it. I get to wake up in 2 hrs. to call in and say they can't use me again. I've only worked 270 hrs. this yr. I used to get 25 hrs. weekly throughout my progression.

Guess I'll be holding on to that 2nd full time job for alot longer then planned. I due get to work most thursdays & fridays while fellow teamsters take a 3 day weekend and through me a bone to keep my bennies. IT does suck to shave off the gottee to come in.
Wow,in the begining of your post you really had me thinking how similar our jobs are.Then you started talking about being laid off alot and being on call and I realize how our jobs are nothing alike.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

He isn't legit. FedEx4Life also posts on other sites, but uses proper grammar and decent reasoning skills there...unlike his garbage on BC. Odd, isn't it? As you pointed out, he has been "called out" by myself and others regarding gross inaccuracies about FedEx that would be common knowledge to a real employee. Another mismatch.

It's also curious that he appeared on the BC precisely during the RLA controversy and the rollout of brownbailout.com. Coincidence? I think not.

He claims to be a 17-year employee, yet lacks basic knowledge of FedEx. Are there any veteran UPS drivers out there who wouldn't have a grasp on the essential facts about the company? I've called him out over and over, and he never can answer any of the basic questions I (and others) have posed about FedEx management games or policies.

You don't have to be Columbo to figure this clown out.

Work right slow and safe

well like always they dont know much unions will not make two different comp a monopoly how ???? it is still two different comp if ups bought fed ex then that would be tell him he needs to check his facts------ see thay have all be brain washed by the ceo let me know how much your dr bills will be when you go as a part timer oooo mine will be free