Talking out of both sides of your face

PT Car Washer

On the days when it was set up the way it should be or when I could scroll through my manifest without worrying about running out of battery juice, I scratch, consistently.
I have heard several bid drivers on the same route for years say the same thing. Are you in a bonus center?

The Driver

I drive.
I would scratch everyday if:

1. I could leave the property ON TIME.
  2. My dispatch was in RDO.
  3. 0 misloads, 0 missing pieces, and a truck that had about 10 minutes more TLC put into loading it.
That's it. Pretty easy.

Overpaid Union Thug

If each and every driver in a center would follow ORION 100% that center’s management team would promptly be instructed to turn RDO back on after one day. Imagine if enough buildings had enough drivers with the guts to do that. It would force corporate to act. Maybe even be what wakes them up to the fact that ORION is junk.

I think middle/lower managements has been spoon feeding them lies and terabytes of fudged numbers to keep them off their backs. We need to show them the truth.

JL 0513

If each and every driver in a center would follow ORION 100% that center’s management team would promptly be instructed to turn RDO back on after one day. Imagine if enough buildings had enough drivers with the guts to do that. It would force corporate to act. Maybe even be what wakes them up to the fact that ORION is junk.

I think middle/lower managements has been spoon feeding them lies and terabytes of fudged numbers to keep them off their backs. We need to show them the truth.

Exactly. With this new push especially after you get the navigation holsters, I have been attempting 100% everyday. Only reason I come in under 100% is delivering misloads and maybe to make service.

The problem with 85-90% garbage is that you're fixing it for them and therefore they think it's working.

It's 100% or nothing for me. I go way over miles and plan as a result. $$

Poop Head

Judge me.

I do not have the mental fortitude to run Orion. I'm sorry everyone

JL 0513

I wonder how UPS can lie to themselves when they talk out of both sides of their mouth.

We are being pressured for performance right now while also pushing 90% Orion and 100% NAV compliance. Are they really serious in thinking these things can go hand and hand?

Digging for random stops doesn't take anymore time than the 30" selection?

Left turns all day doesn't take more time?

Crossing the street to deliver stops doesn't take more time (even though you're coming back down the road on the right side later)?

These 3 main elements don't provide any more time allowance. Total BS. So on paper we look like idiots for following their program.

Last edited:

JL 0513

I do not have the mental fortitude to run Orion. I'm sorry everyone

Do you have the navigation holsters yet? It actually makes it easier to not care at all anymore. Just dock it and go to wherever the hell it takes you. I just shut my brain off now and drive in circles. Which is the other result of Orion when you minimize backs, the other thing they are pushing LOL. Wants you to change directions 50 times a day? Nope, drive around the block.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's funny you bring this up. Our building is starting "Methods Classes" 6 drivers everyday for a week go to the class to be taught the methods.

Everyone brings up ORION and they just say "we are fixing it" or "it should all even out in the end of the day."

Our DM is even in every class right now.
They are really pushing hard to bring the overallowed Down.

I’ve got an idea. Quit taking half an hour away every time you come up with a great idea to “save” us time.

Rack em

Made the Podium

I’ve got an idea. Quit taking half an hour away every time you come up with a great idea to “save” us time.
They have a simple solution to reduce over allowed. Make accurate time studies and people will magically not be over allowed anymore.

542thruNthru

Yep, from what my steward told me the DM was laying it on thick about how we cost them so much money. How we need to be better. Like it's our fault.

He can blow me. I can't wait to be in that class. I'll hit him with every method that they don't want us to use. I just hope the DM is still there when I do.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yep, from what my steward told me the DM was laying it on thick about how we cost them so much money. How we need to be better. Like it's our fault.

He can blow me. I can't wait to be in that class. I'll hit him with every method that they don't want us to use. I just hope the DM is still there when I do.
We are the reason he has a job. How many packages does he deliver at this package delivery company? I'll bet zero, everyday. He probably makes 150k a year. Yet we cost the company money. Lol. These guys should be thanking us for coming in. Managers like this are part of the reason I became a steward, and hopefully more than a steward in the near future.

iowa boy

One day when us old timers are gone, the company will only have employees who follow this crap. They won't have any real knowledge of what to do if the plan fails.

Orion needs to be a tool, not the Bible.

But this orion is making me a crapton more money due to me not caring anymore. Am getting tired of all these 12 hour days but they pay pretty good after 8 hours so WTH...

542thruNthru

We are the reason he has a job. How many packages does he deliver at this package delivery company? I'll bet zero, everyday. He probably makes 150k a year. Yet we cost the company money. Lol. These guys should be thanking us for coming in. Managers like this are part of the reason I became a steward, and hopefully more than a steward in the near future.

I can't wait for my DM to be demoted. He's a joke.

I'll be right there to rub it in his face everytime too.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
But this orion is making me a crapton more money due to me not caring anymore. Am getting tired of all these 12 hour days but they pay pretty good after 8 hours so WTH...
You shouldn't care. It's just a job. If your single and dont have little kids waiting for you at home, I would take every penny I could from them. While filing my 9.5's of course.