Talking out of both sides of your face

iowa boy

You shouldn't care. It's just a job. If your single and dont have little kids waiting for you at home, I would take every penny I could from them. While filing my 9.5's of course.

I have a wife and kid at home, but I'm done fingering the diad all day trying to figure out the best way to run a route. Just wish the new diad holder they put in would actually work, but we have one mechanic who is so inept at tying his own shoes, he evidently forgot to make sure both wire were completely connected when he was done. But thankfully, the cupholder makes for a great new diad holder now, and I can still use the clip.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"You HAVE to use the 30 inch selection area AT ALL TIMES." Also, "Orion has you skipping section 2, 3, & 4 to do section 7 in reverse and then section 6 in reverse." Also, "You can't scroll, your battery will not last all day and we cannot send any more DIADs in for new batteries."

WTAF
What you are describing is over supervision and harassment.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yep, from what my steward told me the DM was laying it on thick about how we cost them so much money. How we need to be better. Like it's our fault.

He can blow me. I can't wait to be in that class. I'll hit him with every method that they don't want us to use. I just hope the DM is still there when I do.

I have literally heard the company say things like;

"We want him to follow the methods.... but, not that good."

Or "he's exaggerating the methods.... to take more time."

The problem with both of those statements is....

Either you are doing them or not. How could you quantify the quality of them ?

BlackCat

I have literally heard the company say things like;

"We want him to follow the methods.... but, not that good."

Or "he's exaggerating the methods.... to take more time."

The problem with both of those statements is....

Either you are doing them or not. How could you quantify the quality of them ?

We had a guy fired for "malicious compliance"

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

I can't wait for my DM to be demoted. He's a joke.

I'll be right there to rub it in his face everytime too.
If he has that much time just to sit in a class every day then hes dead wood and we don't need him. Tell him to get a real job that contributes to the company.

soberups

The company has a choice to make.
Either I make 100% of the decisions and accept full responsibility for the outcome...or ORION makes 100% of the decisions and I am absolved of any responsibility for the outcome.
“Follow ORION but its your fault if it fails” is not on the menu.

F

Frankie's Friend

Either I make 100% of the decisions and accept full responsibility for the outcome...or ORION makes 100% of the decisions and I am absolved of any responsibility for the outcome.
"You've got to make good or better decisions in following Orion's trace."

"Im sorry but I was only a C student in school so it'll be 100% trace."

"We are putting the RDO function back in your board."

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
My split route today had a residential stop 10 minutes from the center. However, ORION wanted me to drive 30 minutes across county to deliver 6 stops in an area I was going to be in later anyway, THEN return to that stop near the center. I asked my supervisor if they care about ORION and he said "just do what makes sense."

Apparently the two larger neighboring centers are the juvenile delinquents of UPS and district management spends so much time bothering them that they forget we exist.

ACmoses

This company is a master of manipulation. They manipulate numbers constantly. If you notice, nothing is in writing and there is no protocol in place. Anything in writing would mean accountability. We run on harassment and management by exception.

JL 0513

Yup, the way I look at it following it as close to 100% as you can allows you to assign Mr. O'Ryan the scapegoat for whatever happens out there. Have a crappy day? Well the sup goes and sees that you were 99% on Orion, what are they going to do?

They've now reached the point of doing everything they can to make us follow it. They took RDO away. Now we have stop for stop NAV. They preach compliance everyday. The thought of not running it after all this because it doesn't make sense no longer crosses my mind. I fought it often for 6 years, didn't follow it at all when the pressure was off, now they're serious. Phase 3 comes out in October where live updates happen - this thing just keeps getting deeper.

Give it a try, it's actually kind of liberating to not have to think or plan your day anymore. Look no further than your next stop. We are now just there to be the body that drives the truck and walks off the package. Kinda scary how expendable that makes us now but here we are.

soberups

Yup, the way I look at it following it as close to 100% as you can assign Mr. O'Ryan the scapegoat for whatever happens out there. Have a crappy day? Well the sup goes and sees that you were 99% on Orion, what are they going to do?

They've now reached the point of doing everything they can to make us follow it. They took RDO away. Now we have stop for stop NAV. They preach compliance everyday. The thought of not running it after all this because it doesn't make sense no longer crosses my mind. I fought it often for 6 years, didn't follow it at all when the pressure was off, now they're serious. Phase 3 comes out in October where live updates happen - this thing just keeps getting deeper.

Give it a try, it's actually kind of liberating to not have to think or plan your day anymore. Look no further than your next stop. We are now just there to be the body that drives the truck and walks off the package. Kinda scary how expendable that makes us now but here we are.
ORION is not safe.
Too much backing, too much end range motion, too much egress issues, too much rehandling of pieces and tripping over/ crawling over bulk stops that are clogging up the floor until 6:00 at night.
It isnt “liberating” to have to bury a trampoline, a bunk bed and 200 pounds of copy paper underneath 2000 pounds of pickup volume and then have to unload/dig it all out because ORION wants you to haul it around all day instead of getting rid of it and clearing a walk path thru the car so that you can function.