Talking out of both sides of your face

JL 0513

ORION is not safe.
Too much backing, too much end range motion, too much egress issues, too much rehandling of pieces and tripping over/ crawling over bulk stops that are clogging up the floor until 6:00 at night.
It isnt “liberating” to have to bury a trampoline, a bunk bed and 200 pounds of copy paper underneath 2000 pounds of pickup volume and then have to unload/dig it all out because ORION wants you to haul it around all day instead of getting rid of it and clearing a walk path thru the car so that you can function.

Of course in that sense, no. I just mean it sets your brain free to think more about other things. I used to plan the best way to run a route. Now I don't know where I'll be in 10 minutes. Just follow the arrows all day. Don't back.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have 25 years of area knowledge in my loop.
What that means is that management has every right to expect me to use that knowledge to make good decisions, and when they ask me if I will be over 9.5 or if I will be bringing my pickup volume in after 8:00 they have a right to expect that I can look at my remaining stops in the DIAD and give them a reasonably accurate answer.
But if they turn my ORION back on and go live with this dynamic crap, all of that goes away. They cant expect me to make good decisions and give accurate answers if they have intentionally crippled my ability to function by hiding RDO and blocking me from having access to a coherent, readable manifest.
If they want a brain-dead drone they will get a brain-dead drone. Will I be over 9.5 or late getting my volume in? Dont ask me, ask ORION.

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif