Tattoo Discrimination

Feederquacker

Something is being lost here. This went before a panel and was shot down. I getting the feeling that re OP isn't telling us the whole story.

Here's a thought, why don't you post a pic of the tats in question to show us what you were turned down for.

By the way... I don't buy your acceptance of your Dr with the nose ring. I get the feeling that you just said that to further your position.

Sent using BrownCafe App

memberoflocal61

Already posted, and i could careless if any of yall believe anything or not,i posted this for info, and that's what i got thanks to the non hypocrites :)

PT Car Washer

Something is being lost here. This went before a panel and was shot down. I getting the feeling that re OP isn't telling us the whole story.

Here's a thought, why don't you post a pic of the tats in question to show us what you were turned down for.

By the way... I don't buy your acceptance of your Dr with the nose ring. I get the feeling that you just said that to further your position.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The pic is on page 3. Pretty bad. He would have to dress like the Invisible Man everyday to be compliant.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Sounds to me that you don't even understand the process and the fact that you're in the smallest local in a RTW state that spent cash they don't really have to docket a case at a regional panel on your behalf. And it also sounds to me that because things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to, you've decided to take your ball, go home, and start life as a low life :censored2:heel scab.

Your situation is absolutely not fair and I don't think tattoos that can be covered should keep someone from driving a package car. That being said, you had to know that getting visible ink could/would affect your professional options and you made a big boy decision to go through with it. However, when things didn't go your way, you decided to piss and moan and scab on your local.
:goodpost:My thoughts exactly. Well said

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Sounds to me and everyone else in my center that he traded me in for something bigger, and better that he wanted. Why would he start with this is opening statement, rebuttal, and closing argument when he should have just done it one at a time, like how it is suppose to be done when you argue your case. This will be my last post, thanks for all the people who gave me advice, i really appreciate it. I've started the process so can't say anymore. God Bless
I guess you've got a lot of experience with this sort of thing then, huh? Since you know how to do it and your BA doesn't? I took Beginning Debate in high school, I don't try to tell my old lawyer neighbor how he should deal with his cases. (By the by, in debate we learned how to explain the what, how, why, urgency, and solvency in one 8-minute speech. Not four 2-minute speeches. That's just how you construct an argument.)

You made a stupid decision. Your stupid decision had consequences. And like a child, you're blaming everyone around you for your stupid decision. If I was in your local, I'd be pissed that my dues even had to go towards a no-brainer ruling in a hearing that didn't need to happen.

twoeddies1

IMG_135394002150419.jpeg

bumped

My personal beliefs of painting most of your body aside. If you would be allowed to wear he gloves and/or proper coverings what should be the penalty if should choose not to wear them during the day. For instance, you wear your covering in the building, but take them off on route. Should you be fired? Should you be allowed progressive discipline?

This is a perfect example why UPS doesn't allow beards. Even those that think "neatly" trimmed should be allowed.

Feederquacker

This whole argument is silly. The point is, UPS's policy (which is not in dispute) is that visible tattoos should be covered or not be had. Why is this so hard for some to understand. I personally don't like body art and don't have a problem with this policy. Selfishness seems to be taking hold of our culture in a big way. Just because YOU want or YOU have a tattoo or whatever doesn't mean you are justified in bitching about the companies policy on the matter. YOU want a tat, fine! Go work somewhere else. This has never been a secret UPS ever tried too keep from anyone. Trying to put forth a clean cut appearance is the ONLY point of the grooming standards here. If you don't like it, go drive for the post office.

Sent using BrownCafe App