Tattoo Discrimination

jaker

trolling
You know I didn't see this brought up in this whole thread , we was talking about what he does at work in the uniform but what happens when he is not on the clock at all in uniform

BrownArmy

(Outside of Boston)

So many tattoos here, it's ridiculous.

Sleeves, neck, calves, etc, newer drivers and old.

No one cares, no one is asked to cover anything here at all.

One guy has a buzz cut and you can see his scalp tattoo.

My dentist has a nose ring, who the friend cares, seriously, she's a damn good dentist.

Griff

UPS discriminates on my weekend scruff facial hair that my wife loves.

I hate shaving monday mornings. Maybe someday the uptight stiffs down in Atlanta will relax their nazi master race appearance standards that was put into place 100 years ago.

jaker

trolling

I hate shaving monday mornings. Maybe someday the uptight stiffs down in Atlanta will relax their nazi master race appearance standards that was put into place 100 years ago.
Just get a doctors note saying you can't shave on a regular bases

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

You could resign Monday morning. Just sayin.

Griff

You could resign Monday morning. Just sayin.

Yeah, that's logical, you woman. There's really no need for an extremist answer to a sarcastic/half joking post. Fact of the matter is, there are executives and CEOs that have facial hair. We deliver cardboard boxes and nobody cares if the person handing it to them has a goatee or well-kept beard. Times have changed dinosaur boy. Just sayin'

Sent using BrownCafe App

bigblu 2 you

would you trust a guy in your yard/porch/garage with a teardrop tattoo near his eye or the grim reaper on his leg.whether we like it or not appearance means a lot,,,,,,unless your delivering to a tattoo parlor or strip club etc..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Griff, the key words in your post are "well trimmed". We all know that if given an inch some of us will take a mile.

I was off last week and hated shaving my vacation beard this morning. Yes, there was more gray than I would have liked, but I thought it looked good on me.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Griff, the key words in your post are "well trimmed". We all know that if given an inch some of us will take a mile.

I was off last week and hated shaving my vacation beard this morning. Yes, there was more gray than I would have liked, but I thought it looked good on me.

If anyone sees a UPS Freight driver, and wonders why some have facial hair....

When their contract was negotiated.... anyone that currently had it, was allowed to keep it.

They were "grandfathered". If they ever shaved it.... they couldn't go back.

When UPS "upper echelon" found out their company negotiators agreed to this....

They flipped out.

-Bug-

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Such a modest guy....lol

brown_trousers

It is UPS's perogative on what image they want for their business. If they want to convey an image of clean shaven and/or no tattoos for their business, it is their business to do it with.

It would be a different story if they were discriminating against attributes you have no control over, like skin color, height, or gender. But they are only discriminating those things that you do have a choice over.

having a tattoo or beard is perfectly acceptable in society. It just isnt a good fit with UPS

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yeah, that's logical, you woman. There's really no need for an extremist answer to a sarcastic/half joking post. Fact of the matter is, there are executives and CEOs that have facial hair. We deliver cardboard boxes and nobody cares if the person handing it to them has a goatee or well-kept beard. Times have changed dinosaur boy. Just sayin'
Some sarcasm in my post as well. I would grow a goatee the second it was allowed, although I don't think I look like a master race nazi without one.

Sent using BrownCafe App

muthatrucka

It is UPS's perogative on what image they want for their business. If they want to convey an image of clean shaven and/or no tattoos for their business, it is their business to do it with.

It would be a different story if they were discriminating against attributes you have no control over, like skin color, height, or gender. But they are only discriminating those things that you do have a choice over.

having a tattoo or beard is perfectly acceptable in society. It just isnt a good fit with UPS
I think the problem is that it's different from center to center. We have lots of drivers in delivery and feeders with visible tattoos. I myself have 3, the most visible being from my shoulder to my elbow. Times are changing, I've seen lots of examples of sups with visible tats lately too. Some in my building and some in other hubs.

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree the times are changing and maybe its time for UPS to relax some of their "dress & appearance" rules but I still don't care personally for the guys and gals (young and old) having to have all the terrible tattoos now days. Tramp stamps, Chinese symbols on the back of the neck that are suppose to mean "good luck" and actually mean "I'm a dumb :censored2:, stupid looking butterflies and cartoon characters, barb wire and all the rest of the garbage they put on themselves now days really don't improve the appearance. That's just my opinion. A GOOD tattoo is a work of art but there sure is a lot of garbage tattooing being done now days. P.S. I think all piercings are stupid also (other than earrings -------------------------on a girl). JMO

I agree the times are changing and maybe its time for UPS to relax some of their "dress & appearance" rules but I still don't care personally for the guys and gals (young and old) having to have all the terrible tattoos now days. Tramp stamps, Chinese symbols on the back of the neck that are suppose to mean "good luck" and actually mean "I'm a dumb :censored2:, stupid looking butterflies and cartoon characters, barb wire and all the rest of the garbage they put on themselves now days really don't improve the appearance. That's just my opinion. A GOOD tattoo is a work of art but there sure is a lot of garbage tattooing being done now days. P.S. I think all piercings are stupid also (other than earrings -------------------------on a girl). JMO
Tell us,how you really feel!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I disagree...some guys can pull off an earring or two...but gauging ears and nose and tongue rings..pass!!