Tattoo Discrimination

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I agree the times are changing and maybe its time for UPS to relax some of their "dress & appearance" rules but I still don't care personally for the guys and gals (young and old) having to have all the terrible tattoos now days. Tramp stamps, Chinese symbols on the back of the neck that are suppose to mean "good luck" and actually mean "I'm a dumb :censored2:, stupid looking butterflies and cartoon characters, barb wire and all the rest of the garbage they put on themselves now days really don't improve the appearance. That's just my opinion. A GOOD tattoo is a work of art but there sure is a lot of garbage tattooing being done now days. P.S. I think all piercings are stupid also (other than earrings -------------------------on a girl). JMO

I work with a guy who has the best tattoos ever. His young daughter draws him a picture once a year and he has it transferred to his legs. Very cool! They will never lose their meaning.

muthatrucka

I agree the times are changing and maybe its time for UPS to relax some of their "dress & appearance" rules but I still don't care personally for the guys and gals (young and old) having to have all the terrible tattoos now days. Tramp stamps, Chinese symbols on the back of the neck that are suppose to mean "good luck" and actually mean "I'm a dumb :censored2:, stupid looking butterflies and cartoon characters, barb wire and all the rest of the garbage they put on themselves now days really don't improve the appearance. That's just my opinion. A GOOD tattoo is a work of art but there sure is a lot of garbage tattooing being done now days. P.S. I think all piercings are stupid also (other than earrings -------------------------on a girl). JMO
U are showing ur age. J/k. I've always loved art and that's exactly what it is, body art.

muthatrucka

Has anyone noticed the part timers these days are covered in tattoos? Gonna be a different looking work force in 10 yrs. Beards and visible tattoos baby!

Sent using BrownCafe App

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
we have drivers with beards(all it takes is note from a doctor ),huge ear rings,sleeves of tatoos and not a word is said but if one dosen;t wear UPS socks the center manager has a fit

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-98.jpeg

They are called guages....they freak me out too!

Ups. 2014!
Eww.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My job leaves enough marks on me that tats would be a waste. Besides, I work at night and wear coveralls away from the public. I have nobody to impress with my artistic tastes.

Skooney

I have a half sleeve on both arms, my lower legs done and an entire back piece. I'm a driver, and unless i told people, no one would ever know I have them. That's why they are where they are.

It's a stigma, and if you want to express yourself, that comes with a consequence. I don't advocate for anti-discrimination because it's a choice you freely make. I love my tats, but I also love my wife and kids and the living I make. Priorities. Yours was to express yourself, without just cause for a future. Bad choice. Deal with it.