Tattoo policy changing

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I’m old school on the tattoo policy, but it hasn’t been enforced in our building for sometime. The new group of drivers look like amazon flunkies. Face and neck tats, long unkept beards. Uniform standards are by the wayside now too. Trucks are disgusting inside and out. Haven’t had a 5 and 10 pop quiz or a safety ride in probably 1 1/2 years. Hazmat test and that yearly stuff they make you do, you just get a answer key to copy everything down from. No pride anymore.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I sort of believe that the changing beard/appearance guidelines are basically relaxed so they can bring in a seemingly never-ending supply of 22.4 drivers who never make it through progression before they quit and they can start someone new at the bottom rate.
I think they’re trying to attract a lot of the former military people who are tatted up.

rod

Retired 22 years
At least my FedEx Ground circus freak is friendly and will say Hi. That's more than I can say about my UPS circus freak.

Hot Carl

facial hair visible tattoo's this is what happens when the ceo comes outside of the company...smh
I know right? How will we ever make our service now that they've dropped a policy few management teams gave a :censored2: enough to enforce to begin with? What ever shall our customers think now that our drivers are showing up at their front doors with tattoos they probably can't see anyway because it's 9:30?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I know right? How will we ever make our service now that they've dropped a policy few management teams gave a * enough to enforce to begin with? What ever shall our customers think now that our drivers are showing up at their front doors with tattoos they probably can't see anyway because it's 9:30?
It's a question of professionality.

And appearance is just the tip of the iceberg.
Proper language and behavior are also casualties under this new model.

UPS's drivers are paid massively more than Amazon's drivers.
They should be in all ways the elite amongst the delivery drivers.

Once UPS can't tell their drivers apart from the competitions'... They'll start to pay you all accordingly.

Hot Carl

It's a question of professionality.

And appearance is just the tip of the iceberg.
Proper language and behavior are also casualties under this new model.

UPS's drivers are paid massively more than Amazon's drivers.
They should be in all ways the elite amongst the delivery drivers.

Once UPS can't tell their drivers apart from the competitions'... They'll start to pay you all accordingly.
We get paid more because we do more and because Amazon aggressively attacks any attempts at unionization.

UPS finally appears to have realized our customers flat out don't care about tattoos or whether or not I shaved this morning. There's a reason why no driver uses clipboards, map books, pagers, or pay phones anymore. Our center's last standard transmission truck just broke down for what will probably the last time. Mechanic says it's likely headed for the crusher.

Times change. Old things become obsolete. Change isn't always bad. Of course, it's not always good either. I hate these new shirt jackets that don't have the double front pockets. I'll wear my old ones until they wear out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
they aren’t getting anything until they allow tattooed teardrops
6agEDpMDwdWw.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Times change. Old things become obsolete. Change isn't always bad. Of course, it's not always good either. I hate these new shirt jackets that don't have the double front pockets. I'll wear my old ones until they wear out.
Next you will be able to wear your wife beaters and a thong. You are wrong about the average public not caring what the person delivering to them looks like. The average person enjoys a good laugh behind your back. If I had a choice and I got the same service from some circus clown as I do a professionally uniformed guy and I was in the mood to tip I know where my money would go.

542thruNthru

Next you will be able to wear your wife beaters and a thong. You are wrong about the average public not caring what the person delivering to them looks like. The average person enjoys a good laugh behind your back. If I had a choice and I got the same service from some circus clown as I do a professionally uniformed guy and I was in the mood to tip I know where my money would go.
Don't just make :censored2: up to support your case! Your old stingy ass isn't tippin anyone. :)

rod

Retired 22 years
He gives all his delivery people a nice shiny nickel
Too be honest I NEVER tip anyone who makes 30 bucks + an hour. Why should I. You should be ashamed if you make that much and expect Clyde Suckfinger who is retired to tip you. Now if you are waiting on me at a cafe or bar and are more or less working for tips I am very generous.

Too be honest I NEVER tip anyone who makes 30 bucks + an hour. Why should I. You should be ashamed if you make that much and expect Clyde Suckfinger who is retired to tip you. Now if you are waiting on me at a cafe or bar and are more or less working for tips I am very generous.
The people that give me tips know that I go out of my way and do more than I should sometimes That's why I get tips from them. I don't do this job expecting to get tips. But when I'm off of work they notice how big of a difference is between me and somebody that's covering my route